Micro Center Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

1.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Micro Center.

Interview

applied online about 2 weeks before first interview. Had another interview setup the following week and came in the day after for a final third interview. It was relatively quick but with a lot of repetitive information told to you.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was seriously hard at all about it. I barely had to speak throughout all three interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiating pay at all. Hours seem semi negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for Micro Center

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Micro Center (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online was contacted 8 days later. had 3 interviews.
    they have you take 3 tests. an iq test. electronic knowledge test and a standard employee survey.

first interview was receiving info on the job position and company.
    second was more or less "selling your self" as a potential employee
    third at that point was more like a final check and was with the general manager it was essentially a "meet and greet".

was given employee hand book filled out some tax info and started work 2 weeks later

Interview Questions

• the IQ test they don't want to tell you its an IQ test even if you ask about it. you have 12 minutes to answer 50 questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

starting pay $8.5 probably non negotiable but that was for starting as a cashier.
    hours are extremely negotiable or thats the impression i receive.

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Micro Center (Westbury, NY).

Interview

Basic questions about yourself, resume review, aptitude exam on the computer, personality exam on the computer. Management team doesn't seem to know much about technology considering they work in a technological place. The work area is disorganized and a lot of employees do what they want.

Interview Questions

• Personality exam is worded awkwardly, must pay attention because it is easy to fail   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Micro Center.

Interview

I applied online and was then called in for a group interview. They asked everyone what we thought was the most important aspects of customer service. They asked about our experiences with good and bad customer service. We then had to take a computerized test to assess our knowledge of computers. I then had to have a separate interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• There was not really any unexpected question. Just be prepared that it is a real group interview. We even had to do some team assignment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Micro Center (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

I initially applied to be a salesperson. I interviewed with the manager of that department. He was very nice. I discovered Micro Center sales position is like $4/hr, but the rest is commission. He wanted to schedule another interview with another manager of that department. I agreed and a few days later, I met with manager #2. He was also nice, but I asked him if they were hiring elsewhere in the store. He said they were hiring for cashiers (CSR) so I decided to go for that. I then had to be interviewed by the front end manager so he set me up with another appointment. That manager was also very nice. He then took me to be interviewed with the store manager. Store manager set me with with a drug test and I had to go online and fill out a form with every job I've ever had so they could do the background test. After I completed that, I was hired 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about past jobs, why do I want to work there, name a time when you above and beyond your expectations, what are your hobbies, etc..   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay is hiring than min wage. I was satisfied with that. I didn't negotiate anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Micro Center (Columbus, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

You'll get a phone call asking you to come in for an interview... Which ends up being with a group of people, for me this was incredibly disappointing. You will learn a lot of basics about the company and then 'pair up' and do ice breakers and mock service situations, which I found incredibly childish and unneeded. You'll then take a personality and skills assessment which is incredibly easy if you have any kind of education. Afterwards you'll fill out an availability sheet and can expect a call pretty soon after. They will then have you take a drug test and get a background check. The interview process will take 3-4 hours, and after you accept a position you have to get your drug test taken care of within 24 hours. The background check can take up to a week depending on how competent the employee conducting the check through their 3rd party check is (mine took a long time).

Interview Questions

• Do you buy service plans for your technology products?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, except on availability.

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

interviewed at Micro Center (Towson, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

After putting in the application online, was called within a week. I was interviewed with another applicant but it seems that is not usual. Whole interview including the paper test on general knowledge and computerized technical literacy test, the interview was about 2 hours. Afterwards, they inform you the pay rate is only $8.50 an hour... non negotiable. Pay schedule is bi-weekly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer. What are your strengths and weaknesses. Do you normally buy service plans when you shop? (SAY YES!)   Answer Question

Too low pay rate.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Micro Center (Fairfax, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

Vacancy announcement, interview, medical test and hire.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions interrelated with information technology.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Micro Center (Westmont, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

I filled out the application on their website (www.microcenter.com) under the career opportunities section. There is a listing of all positions currently available, and they only accept applications for those positions. (Applications are ONLY accepted online in this manner). I listed a friend I knew that worked there as my referral, unaware that he'd get a nice bonus from my employment. I received a call within a week to schedule an interview.

The first interview was relatively quick, probably 15 minutes at most. The interviewer asked about the past work experience I had listed on my resume, and a couple of standard questions including why I wanted to work there, how long I saw myself working there, and to describe myself using three adjectives. Nothing unexpected came up. After the interview I was asked to take two tests on the computer. The first was a test of integrity, providing sample scenarios and asking for how you would respond to them. The second was to test my technical knowledge with a series of multiple choice questions pertaining to different technical scenarios, though none were particularly challenging.

At this point a second interview was scheduled with the Operations Manager a few days later, and this one was just as brief. It was really more of a meet and greet, and some points from the first interview were reiterated. At this point I was asked for my availability and offered employment contingent on passing a background check and drug screening that needed to be completed within 48 hours.

NOTE: The interview took place in 2007, though this form won't accept any date prior to 2009.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't much in the verbal interview that was unexpected. The computerized tests weren't expected but weren't that difficult to pass. The one measuring integrity is more a test of common sense. If anyone thinks that it's a good idea to say they'd steal from their employer, they don't deserve the job. The one involving technical aptitude was a bit more challenging, but I don't see how one could really prepare for it. I imagine it's more of a determining factor for sales positions rather than customer service ones, but there were some people I worked with that had a pretty low general technical knowledge, so I don't know how much importance is placed on it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For customer service, there is a set starting salary there wasn't anything to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Micro Center (Westbury, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

Very easy sit down with management. Few quesitons take some knowledge tests. Hiring process takes about a week before all paperwork is done, then they keep in contact with you and schedule some training days if you're accepted for the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Micro Center from other retailers.   Answer Question