Micro Center Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

1.9

Systems Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Micro Center.

Interview

Easy, yet tricky process. I applied online, but never heard back, so I decided to call in and got an appointment for interview the next day. First interview with sales manager, then take 2 computerized tests, drug test, and a final interview with general manager. Whole process only took me 5 days.

Interview Questions

• Customer is looking for basic, home media desktop, what spec would you build for her/him?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Micro Center.

Interview

applied online about 2 weeks before first interview. Had another interview setup the following week and came in the day after for a final third interview. It was relatively quick but with a lot of repetitive information told to you.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was seriously hard at all about it. I barely had to speak throughout all three interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiating pay at all. Hours seem semi negotiable.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Micro Center (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online was contacted 8 days later. had 3 interviews.
    they have you take 3 tests. an iq test. electronic knowledge test and a standard employee survey.

first interview was receiving info on the job position and company.
    second was more or less "selling your self" as a potential employee
    third at that point was more like a final check and was with the general manager it was essentially a "meet and greet".

was given employee hand book filled out some tax info and started work 2 weeks later

Interview Questions

• the IQ test they don't want to tell you its an IQ test even if you ask about it. you have 12 minutes to answer 50 questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

starting pay $8.5 probably non negotiable but that was for starting as a cashier.
    hours are extremely negotiable or thats the impression i receive.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Micro Center (Westbury, NY).

Interview

Basic questions about yourself, resume review, aptitude exam on the computer, personality exam on the computer. Management team doesn't seem to know much about technology considering they work in a technological place. The work area is disorganized and a lot of employees do what they want.

Interview Questions

• Personality exam is worded awkwardly, must pay attention because it is easy to fail   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Micro Center.

Interview

Very understanding and non-threatening when it comes to questions/concerns. They have a focus on putting education first and want to help the applicant. I think anyone who has had an interview will have no problem in answering any of their questions.

Sales Associate - Build Your Own Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Micro Center.

Interview

I applied for the Build Your Own salesman position in January 2014. Due to store opening delays, I was not hired until March.
    The process itself would not have been long if not for the delays, so that was unique only to my experience.
    Two 1 on 1 interviews, drug and background checks, and that's all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself you wouldn't want me to know.   Answer Question

Systems Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Micro Center (Flushing, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

The hiring process took about one month in total. Applied online and submitted my resume then received an email for a group interview two days later. At the interview there was about 10-12 people. It was pretty straight forward. We did some group exercises like introducing a partner we were paired with then role playing to sell a printer. They wanted to see what attachments we would offer. Once that was over, I received another call for a second interview about 2.5 weeks later. This interview was a one on one with the general manager. He asked simple questions about work history and education. Then a brief laid back conversation. Once that was over, I had to take 3 tests online. One was a computer knowledge test, an IQ test and an integrity test. They were all pretty simple, well for me since I am a college student. After that about 1.5 weeks later i was called for a final orientation where you were hired.

Interview Questions

• If you were selling a printer to a customer, go through the entire sale from start to finish.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. 14 base pay an hr.

Tech Level II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Micro Center (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Came in took 3 assessments then a brief interview. Later that day interviewed with Tech manager over the phone. They called my job for reference. Got offered job same day then sent for drug screening. Awaiting start date.

BYO Sales Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Micro Center (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

The whole problem was pretty simple, I applied online and then went in and turned in my resume in person (along with submitting it online) to the hiring manager. I then got an interview, which included some questioning (know company values/faqs) and have questions to ask them. (3 part interview - 2 interviews, 1 test section) got done and offered a job same day. MANDATORY DRUG AND BACKGROUND CHECK NO EXCEPTIONS.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Time only

Price Change Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Micro Center (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

2 interviews over a 2 week period both in person one with supervisor and one with senior manager. The senior manager went on vacation in the middle of the process and I then also had to meet with a senior manager from another department. I then had to pass a skills and personality test followed by a drug test

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. Most of the usual retail type inquiries   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation. Started me at a higher salary based on my higher experience level