Micro Center Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Micro Center.

Interview

First i was called in for a group interview where you have to meet and greet and learn things about the person that you are paired with. After that you are given a scenario where someone needs an item in the store and you have to go through the sales process ( as you would do it). You have to recommend based on the information gathered and try to make the sale as fluid as possible. After that is completed you go on to taking a pcLIT test on the computer and answering an integrity questionnaire, and then you have a brief one on one with the manager and his right hand man.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions about yourself and your work history.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Micro Center.

Interview

Came around 10 minutes early, but the person who was to interview me completely forgot so we started pretty late. The oral presentations was fairly short; though the questions taken on the computer took quite a while. I never received a call back, probably because I said I would not be able to work certain days due to my student status.

Systems Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Micro Center.

Interview

Easy, yet tricky process. I applied online, but never heard back, so I decided to call in and got an appointment for interview the next day. First interview with sales manager, then take 2 computerized tests, drug test, and a final interview with general manager. Whole process only took me 5 days.

Interview Questions

• Customer is looking for basic, home media desktop, what spec would you build for her/him?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Micro Center.

Interview

applied online about 2 weeks before first interview. Had another interview setup the following week and came in the day after for a final third interview. It was relatively quick but with a lot of repetitive information told to you.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was seriously hard at all about it. I barely had to speak throughout all three interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiating pay at all. Hours seem semi negotiable.

Group Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Micro Center (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview, simple scenarios given and would have to be answered amongst a small sub group of similar people looking to be hired. I believe you are tested based on your answers, personality and presentation.

Operations Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Micro Center (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who pre screened me for the company. He then set me up with a phone interview from someone at the corprate office. I had a phone interview that lasted about one hour.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I could handle the amount of buisness that comes through their doors every day.   1 Answer

Knowledge Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Micro Center (Westbury, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I transferred from within. I had a short chat with my boss, and had a second interview over the phone with corporate that asked a few questions and got to know me, and how I handled myself.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot an internet connection issue?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Micro Center (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online was contacted 8 days later. had 3 interviews. they have you take 3 tests. an iq test. electronic knowledge test and a standard employee survey. first interview was receiving info on the job position and company. second was more or less "selling your self" as a potential employee third at that point was more like a final check and was with the general manager it was essentially a "meet and greet". was given employee hand book filled out some tax info and started work 2 weeks later

Interview Questions

• the IQ test they don't want to tell you its an IQ test even if you ask about it. you have 12 minutes to answer 50 questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

starting pay $8.5 probably non negotiable but that was for starting as a cashier. hours are extremely negotiable or thats the impression i receive.

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Micro Center (Westbury, NY).

Interview

Basic questions about yourself, resume review, aptitude exam on the computer, personality exam on the computer. Management team doesn't seem to know much about technology considering they work in a technological place. The work area is disorganized and a lot of employees do what they want.

Interview Questions

• Personality exam is worded awkwardly, must pay attention because it is easy to fail   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Micro Center.

Interview

Very understanding and non-threatening when it comes to questions/concerns. They have a focus on putting education first and want to help the applicant. I think anyone who has had an interview will have no problem in answering any of their questions.