MicroEdge

www.microedge.com

MicroEdge Interview Questions

3.3

Solutions Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MicroEdge in November 2013.

I received an initial response to take an online assessment within 1 business day of my application. This was followed with a recruiter phone screening, 2 phone interviews with relevant managers, an 1:1 in-person interview with a VP, and a role-playing call to assess my abilities as they related to the position.

Sales Interview

Difficult hiring process. Must take an aptitude test prior to even getting in the door

Interview Questions
    • Must give a sample presentation prior to receiving an offer   Answer Question
    Great negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MicroEdge in August 2013.

Application was processed easily through LinkedIn. Initial phone interview by a member of the internal recruiting team, in person interview with multiple employees rotating through then a final phone interview with a member of the Exec Team. Not a short process at all. Easiest conversation was with the Exec team member, very easy to speak to and open about expectations and desires for a new employee.

Interview Questions
    • Multi part online assessment. Did not expect to retake during the on site interview   Answer Question
    Found the HR team very easy to work with.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MicroEdge in June 2013.

Did first phone interview went well.
    Got an aptitude test to take after that. It was timed and very hard. It said that you didn't need to answer every question.
    They reviewed my files but did not extend another interview to me.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MicroEdge in June 2013.

I began working with MicroEdge in mid-May for a position with their Professional Services division. Communication early on was prompt and personal. I was invited to take an assessment and personality test from my computer at home. Following that, I was asked to have a phone interview with an HR Recruiter. The interview went well and was invited to speak to a Sr HR Recruiter in a different city. Following that interview, I was invited to conduct yet another phone interview with the director of the division in yet another city on the Friday before Memorial Day weekend. I waited and waited for the call and it never came. Contacting any of the previous individuals I had already dealt with proved unsuccessful, so I waited over a long weekend; wondering what had happened. Someone finally got back to me on Wednesday, saying they were looking for someone with more implementation experience. Really? No one was going to tell me this? I had to ask myself why I hadn't been contacted? An HR recruiter encouraged me to pursue other positions within the company and, against my better judgment, I obliged. I had another series of phone interviews and was invited to come into the Minneapolis office to re-take the assessment test (yes, RE-TAKE) in person, apparently to ensure I hadn't "cheated" the first time at home. I also sat in a conference room by myself and had 3 more phone interviews with managers in New York. Nearly a month later, I was informed that they had gone with an internal candidate, but that I should take another look at the open positions and continue applying. No. Thanks.

Technical Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MicroEdge.

The entire process is ludicrous. Be prepared for HR to send you an in depth skills/IQ/personality test that takes about 3 hours to complete. Then prepare for a phone interview with HR if based on your test results their Parent company, Vista Equities, deems you a "suitable candidate". Then prepare for the manager of whatever department you're applying with to schedule a phone interview. Then (again, depending on department) prepare for the manager to schedule an interview for you with a "senior member". THEN, after you've wasted all of your saved vacation hours, prepare for them to invite you on-site to RETAKE an hour long portion of the IQ test and then proceed to interview with every single team member.

Interview Questions
    No ability to negotiate and they "forget" to mention salary until quite far along in the interview process. I provided my salary requirements to the HR contact early on when she asked. The next time I heard any talk of salary was when they offered me a position nearly 20% lower than my current salary.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MicroEdge in April 2013.

Contacted me through email to set up a phone interview. I talked to HR for a little bit answering basic questions such as tell me about yourself and etc. I was then contacted by what I could tell as the head of HR and repeated a lot of questions and talked about the company some.

Contacted a few days later asking to take an online assessment which is about equivalent to an IQ test with some personality questions as well. This took about 2 hours and seemed a bit ridiculous.

Got setup for a technical phone interview with the project manager of the group. He asked a lot of Object Oriented concepts specific to C#.

Questions like:

What is inheritance, polymorphism, abstract class, virtual methods?

What is an interface and how does multiple inheritance work in C++ and C#?

Object vs. Class

Function overloading vs. Function overriding

I wasn't offered an onsite interview but beware that you retake the IQ test at their office from what I have read to ensure it was you who took it the first time.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't ready for OO questions specific to C# so I struggled more than I should have on those parts.   Answer Question

Client Service Specialist - Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MicroEdge.

I had this interview in 2012, but it almost feels like yesterday.

I originally wanted to work for this company because it was right in line with my career goals. A day or two after I applied online, they sent me a link to a 2 hour test based on mathematics, IQ, and cognitive problems. Originally, I could not complete the test due to a personal matter, but they promptly sent me an email 2 days later asking me to complete it. Although I admired their persistence, I found it odd that they were giving me a second chance when the previous email stated that I would be rejected if I failed to complete the test.

After completing the test, they emailed me the very next day to schedule a phone interview. The first interview was with a HR recruiter (more than likely in a Junior role). As expected, this turned out to be the nicest interview out of the many to come. Two questions and I was done.

Then I was invited to the second interview with the Senior HR Representative. A slightly tougher interview, but very nice person. She was quite patient with me and didn't seem to be forcing me into a corner.

By the time I was invited to a third interview, I thought that this one will be in the bag. Boy, was I wrong?! The Director of Technical Support was tough, but not in a productive kind of way. A lot of the questions seemed unfair, even downright unprofessional. Many questions concerning my work experience had nothing to do with the job ad that was posted - i.e. questions about database knowledge and programming; they weren't even listed as requirements for the job! How frustrating!

To make matters worse, I was chastised because I couldn't name EVERYTHING that the company does, but still invited to interview for a FOURTH time with a tech person (non-management). Salary and bonus were never mentioned during the entire interview process.

I feel like I wasted time with them and I was being made a mockery. During difficult times in the economy, it is important that employers keep candidates motivated during the interview process. A potential candidate should not be beaten up for not knowing every facet of the company. It's understandable when a person is totally unprepared and hadn't done their homework, but I did.

All of the previous comments about this place were right on the money. I wouldn't interview with them again even if you paid me.

Interview Questions
    • "What is your experience with mySQL?" - I know what mySQL is, but they made it sound like this is a heavy requirement for the position even though it was not listed as such on the job advertisement.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MicroEdge in January 2013.

Review background and basic mathematical knowledge, then meet with their team and go through interview questions.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at MicroEdge in November 2012.

I applied online. A few days later, a recruiting associate reached out and provided a link to a 2 hour IQ test I needed to take. The day after I completed it, the associate reached out and set up a time for us to speak. She called about 10 minutes late, said hello and immediately began reading a list of scripted questions. I've been asked these unoriginal scripted questions in the past and was very put off by them. At one point during her reading of these questions, I stopped her and begin asking my own questions. The associate was unable to answer any questions to my satisfaction nor provide anything other than basic responses. After the call was done, the associate set up a call with another recruiter for the next day. I waited the next day for a call but did not receive one so I reached out. I was told that the recruiter was running late and had to reschedule. At that point, I decided cease my pursuit in the role. The interview process was very unprofessional. They just wanted to gather as much info as possible without giving any info in return. An interview is for the potential employeer and employee. This is not a place I want to work for.

Interview Questions
    • If you've ever spoken to a recruiter, you've heard these questions before. "What accomplishment are you most proud of?", "How do you contribute to your company?"   Answer Question