MicroEdge Manager Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MicroEdge in August 2011.

I originally applied for a position online. A handful of days later, I contacted by a MicroEdge recruiter and asked a few basic phone screen questions (salary requirement, etc). Like the others here, I was immediately told about the online test I would need to take. I took the test from home a few days later. It generally consisted of IQ/Logic, Algebra, and English questions. I must have scored well because I was called back a few days later and they set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. In addition to that, I was also asked to come to their office in person to re-take a smaller version of the online test. I guess they figure they want to make sure people aren't cheating when they take the test at home. I took the smaller test and then I did the interview a few days later.

In my first interview, I was mainly asked professional background and behavioral types of questions. It went well and I was eventually interviewed by a few other people on the phone over the next week or two. These people that had positions that had some interaction with the job I was up for. My final interview was a bit odd as I was being asked more personal questions that really weren't relevant to how well I could do the job. But I guess she was trying to get to know me as a person a bit more.

After the final interview, I was contacted about a week later by the main HR person and told they were going to pursue another candidate. I got pretty far in the process so it was a little bit annoying to get that news.

In general, the people I dealt with at MicroEdge were friendly. I have to admit that the vibe I got was they sounded a little stressed and overworked. If I had been offered the job, I probably would have taken it but I have to admit that I wasn't sure the work environment would have been a good one for me.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about leadership qualities, professional background, experience   Answer Question

Worked for MicroEdge? Contribute to the Community!