MicroStrategy

Employer Engaged

MicroStrategy Associate Consultant Interview Questions

2.0

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy.

Found the review via a posting on my school career site. Applied by sending in my resume and received an on campus interview. Interview was fairly smooth, just discussed the potential of being a player in the big data market and how relevant it was at this time. Had an on site interview at HQ which was also all behavioral. Process took about 2 weeks total.

No Negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for MicroStrategy

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy.

I initially had a skype interview through my university. I was selected for an in-person interview and was given several different dates to choose from. When I arrived at their building, there was a lunch and 2 hour long interviews. The majority of the time in each of the interviews was spent me asking questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was that difficult - very typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy in March 2013.

Submitted resume to school's online career system, received on-campus interview a week later. OCI was mostly informational and a general resume run-through. Was invited to in-person interview in Tyson's Corner about a week later.

Onsite interview consisted of a building tour, two 1-hour one-on-one interviews with managers, and a lunch presentation by the head of the university recruiting program.

Overall, the two interviewers had a little bit of a good cop/bad cop routine going. The first was very stern and followed his lines of questioning to extremes, stressing the difficulty of boot camp, while the second barely asked me any questions and was more intent on selling MicroStrategy to me. Two weeks later, I received a generous offer.

The whole process was straighforward, in my opinion, and few technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Boot camp will require a lot of rapid-paced learning; why do you think you are capable of keeping up?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy in March 2013.

I applied through my university recruiting. I was invited for an interview in person at my school within a week or so, and it was very straightforward. I was asked questions like how does one build credibility in a team, what type of customer service experience do you have.
    Within a week, I was invited for on-site interviews in McLean, VA. The interviews were again straightforward with no technical questions. One manager seemed to be looking to see if I could work independently, as he emphasized MicroStrategy consulstants will often be alone on projects.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you experience good customer service and bad customer service.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy in April 2014.

1 - phone call
    2 - live HR interview + analytical test + very basic SQL test -- very easy, nothing to bother
    3 - live manager interview -- again, really easy going talk, very friendly
    But the most important thing is bootcamp through the first 6 weeks of work. You need to pass all the exams during it and it seems to be most challenging. If you don't pass, you're out. Simple as that. That's the period where they really test your capabilities to work for the company.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations possible I think.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MicroStrategy in March 2012.

Microstrategy worked quickly from the time I started the process at a college recruiting work until my second-round interview on-site. The recruiting team was friendly. The interview process, though, seemed a little too short. It consisted of a first-round interview on campus, during which the recruiter for the Associate Consultant position did 90% of the talking, and then two 45-minute interviews during the second-round/on-site interview. Also, I was hoping to be able to meet some current consultants or some new college hires that were in "boot camp" currently, but we only got to see HR and corporate. The entire interview process seemed a little too easy for me.

Interview Questions
    • Say you're on a circular racetrack that's one mile circumference. You want to do two laps with an average speed of 60 mph. Let's say you do the first lap at 30 mph. How fast do you have to do the second lap to make sure your average mph is 60 at the end of two laps?   View Answers (4)
    • If you had a superpower, what would it be?   Answer Question

Amount of travel required for job. Location in Tysons Corner isn't ideal for me.