MicroStrategy

MicroStrategy Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

Product Manager Analyst Interview

I heard about the position from a friend, sent in my resume and got a phone interview about a week and a half later. About a week after the phone interview, I had an in person interview at headquarters where I met with four different people, and the interviews lasted between 30-45 minutes each. The questions were not too difficult, mainly because I was applying right out of college and had little experience in the industry.

Interview Questions
    • No curveballs or overly technical questions. I was asked my 5-10 year plan.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

really easy and laid back. HR reps pretty much don't care if you are qualified or not. The person seemed distant and unconcerned throughout the process.
    The entire process just seemed mechanical as there was virtually no enthusiasm for their job or the position to which you were being hired. After working there for quite some time, the realization hit that indeed they were not interested. They were there just to keep their own paycheck coming in as layoffs were starting to be announced

Interview Questions
    non-existent. You get what they offer

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview process was quick and straight forward consisting of several phone conversations and face to face interviews over a short period of time. Take the time to review the Website, specifically the Customer testimonials. This will help out during the interview.

quick and painless

Senior Director Interview

Long Hiring process, many interviews (up to 7). Needed to drive the process to make sure things happened. Lots of background checks, ensure your information is accurate and not over stated.

Interview Questions
    • They desired that you knew as much about the company (technology) as possible as well as existing customer relationships   Answer Question
    Received a reasonable offer

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy.

Went through a recruiter, so I was fast tracked to the initial phone screen with the hiring manager. From there, three additional interviews followed with SDs, VP, etc. Lots of hypothetical questions posed, huge on sales process, solution selling methodology, etc. Entire process took a month from initial interview to final offer. They use HireRight so don't fib your W2 earnings since they verify EVERYTHING.

Interview Questions
    Very competitive offer. No need to negotiate!

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy.

Referred by a friend in the company and got an interview from the HR in about 1 week. Just general questions like why microstrategy. Got another phone interview in a week. They asked you to solve a problem. Then three to four intelligent questions like how to find the fastest horse.

Software Engineer In Test Interview

4 round writing test Just answer the english quizz asked to you. Nothing is you are good at programming or math.kkx xx xx x x xx x e x gx g x.

Associate Interview

For the first round of the interview process, the recruiter scheduled a phone interview with me to discuss my skills and qualifications as well as provide a little more information about the position.

Software Engineer Interview

First off, I applied for 3 positions, 2 stores. They each sent me email links to take an assessment. I clicked on one of the links - the full-time position down the street from me I prefered. I took both parts of the assessment and at the end it said "Thank you for completing your assessment so quickly - you rock!" Yup. Pretty sure it said I would receive an email shortly but I did not receive on. A few days went by and it alarmed me because I was expecting an automated email. Anywho, I got an email about 4 days after completing assessment, looked like it was maybe because I was in the jobs mailing list, that said You're invited to an Open House Information Session at the corporate building for all the metro. It was in a week or so and I had no idea if I received that email as a promotional email or because I passed assessment. Either way, I knew I needed to go and be prepared for an interview just in case. One of my regular customers at work had worked at AT&T recently and was still respected so I had him put in a good word for me. He seemed to really believe in me.

Software Quality Engineer Interview

In my onsite interview, the first three interviewers are very nice, when come to the fourth people, I was told he/she was a director and the last interview was the most important one. However finally I was told that the director scheduled before was not available and some people else would instead him. When the forth people came, she just brought a phone and a charger, without pen, paper. She asked me to give her my resume and asked me who do I known in her company. Then gave me two brain teasers then continued to using phone.....