MicroStrategy

MicroStrategy Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

1 or 2 phone screens with hiring managers (or team member) and 1 onsite meeting with many interviewers. The phone screen interview is about 30 mins. The onsite is 30 mins per interviewer.

Software Quality Engineer Interview

HR is cool, on campus initial interviews are main but not only way of getting in... On-site Technology interviews are challenging as they hire only very astute candidates. Significant value placed on analytical thinking and 'brain teaser / algorithm' type questions - communication is important but not as big a focus as elsewhere.

negotiation phase was easy going, but I didn't press hard....

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy.

Found the review via a posting on my school career site. Applied by sending in my resume and received an on campus interview. Interview was fairly smooth, just discussed the potential of being a player in the big data market and how relevant it was at this time. Had an on site interview at HQ which was also all behavioral. Process took about 2 weeks total.

No Negotiation

Research Analyst Interview

Very organized and professional process. Initially started out with a phone screening from HR. From there on out, HR organized a phone call with the hiring manager, and then an on-site interview with a few of the team members. Process took about a month, but HR kept me updated with the process regularly.

Solutions Architect Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MicroStrategy.

I went through 4 phone interviews . All of the folks i talked to were fantastic people and all solutions architects I worked with an internal recruiter to get all of them set up who was very helpful.

Interview Questions
    • There was no real technical questions which sort of surprised me .   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy.

I initially had a skype interview through my university. I was selected for an in-person interview and was given several different dates to choose from. When I arrived at their building, there was a lunch and 2 hour long interviews. The majority of the time in each of the interviews was spent me asking questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was that difficult - very typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Initial phone round screening interview. Followed by on-site final round; consisted of 3-4 interviews plus a lunch with analysts and quality engineering managers. They like to ask lots of brainteasers; nothing too original, so look up a site that lists brain teasers and explains them. Used to case studies / market sizing type questions for these kinds of positions and was surprised that they did not ask anything like that (e.g. preferred brain teasers, which IMO are stupid questions to ask in an interview).

Interview Questions
    • One brain teaser problem was given to me with shapes on sequential balance beams. Had to find the weights of each object based on a given condition.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

applied online and took about a week to receive a phone interview, about 40 mins, mostly about background And the next day I was told to go onsite. had 2 team leaders , one for about 30 mins. Very detailed questions, behavior questions and also about your understanding of new technology products/

Software Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy.

Had a phone interview first. After about 2 weeks, selected to attend an onsite interview. Interviewed with 4 nice people, reasonable brain teaser and behavior questions.

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MicroStrategy.

2 phone interview, four one-hour in-person interviews

Interview Questions
    • Explain business intelligence to your great-grandmother   Answer Question