MicroStrategy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MicroStrategy in January 2014.

Interview Details – First, phone screen, quite easy. Then, after several weeks, onsite. 4 interviewers, ask about java, C++, Objective-C, threads, synchronization, dead lock, design pattern, and a couple of algorithms.

Interview Question – Design how to recognize a gesture of drawing a cycle.   Answer Question

Vienna, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview Details – First a phone interview about your background. After a week another interview about the projects and work you have done, also some brain teasers.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview Details – Told the last day before the originally scheduled on-ground interview that their people were not able to come. Did phone screen instead. Same process as mentioned by others: personal experience; teasers; what QE teams do.
Some questions are widely available online; Some question didn't quite make sense: I was asked to be specific how I would test Google, and the manager didn't come up with clear instruction on what specific product and functionality when I asked.
The manager talked in a speedy monotone, sort of sensed she wasn't in a good mood.

Interview Question – not very technical; enough practice with brain teasers will help you do well   Answer Question

Operations Administrator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at MicroStrategy in February 2014.

Interview Details – The first communication I got after applying was an email to set up a phone interview. During the phone interview I spoke with a woman and we mostly just talked about my availability with little discussion about the job itself. I then had to wait about a week to hear back if I could get set up for a Skype interview, which I did. During that part, we talked a lot more about the job itself and then I was informed that I would hear back in about a week if I would move on to an in person interview.

Interview Question – For such a big company, I wasn't asked a lot of questions directy about the job itself. I was also expecting more of a behavior based interview, but it wasn't. More of a conversation to to make sure that I'm not a crazy person or completely incompetant. For this interview it was really important just to be yourself and very straightforeward about what you want to get out of the job. This is an entry level postion.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer
Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MicroStrategy in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through employee referral. The first interview was HR screening. No problems there. I was then set for an hour interview for analytical test. I interviewer had 4 questions for me, simple and just like the ones in this website. I was called for an on site interview after that to be interviewed by 3 people. The first one had a programming/testing type of question, the second one had a quality type of question related to app developing and bluetooth technology. The third interviewer didn't show up. I was told they would schedule me for a phone interview with the third guy. I haven't heard ever since.

Interview Question – None. Easy analytical questions.   Answer Question

Software Quality Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview Details – applied through campus recruit, questions are basically behaviors like what would you be in the next 5 years, why you chose this company. Brain teaser is the same old one. Crossing the bridge with a torch , two people at a time (1min/2min/5min/10min), what's the shortest time to cross.

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MicroStrategy in July 2013.

Interview Details – Simple phone interview about team experiences and a few brain teasers at the end. The next week they set up an in person interview. Interviewed with 3 people, each for about an hour. They all had brain teasers and questions specifically for software quality testing.

Interview Question – What would your test cases be if facebook passwords started not working.   View Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview Details – went through 2 phone interviews and then was offered to be flown down there for a final interview but decided against moving down to dc for a career

Interview Question – none of the questions were too difficult or unexpected - asked a lot of questions to get insight on my analytical background   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MicroStrategy in December 2013.

Interview Details – First step was a phone interview, which I cannot recall very well. It was a basic technical screen, asking questions about .NET, C#, and SQL. The in-person interview was 7 hours long. After I arrived at the MicroStrategy office, I first took a written test that asked some very difficult questions that were not relevant to my position or skills. They included questions relating to discrete mathematics, algorithms, etc.

Even though I completely failed my written test, I made it through two more rounds of in-person interviews at the MicroStrategy office. These were fairly easy and involved questions about how I would design a certain application given a certain problem. Then I went out to lunch with the team lead. That went extremely well and we got along perfectly. My final interview was with the manager of the project. He was a bit tougher and not as friendly, and was looking at his Outlook email on his phone while interviewing me (very rude).

IMPORTANT: Even though I was offered the position, the Risk Management team declined my employment because I had a misdemeanor from 3 years ago. They took 3 weeks to process my background check and I had already quit my previous position. I really hope this does not happen to anyone else.

Interview Question – The written test, with questions about algorithms and calculating performance of functions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not decline. I was not given the position because of a misdemeanor on my record from more than 3 years ago. MicroStrategy took several weeks to perform my background check and I was left unemployed in the end.

Interviewed at MicroStrategy

Interview Details – First round is an on campus interview. The interviewer asked a few IQ questions like how to divide a cake into 8 pieces. After a week was the second round on site interview. There were three interviewers and each one asked questions for about 45 minutes. First one asked a question about coding and testing. Other two asked IQ questions.

Interview Question – n people go through a bridge and only two can pass once. Each person need different time to pass the bridge. Find the min time to pass the bridge   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at MicroStrategy