MicroStrategy Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2014

Mobile Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online - interviewed at MicroStrategy in April 2014.

1. I heard about the position through LinkedIn, and applied online through their website.
    2. I was contacted by one of their recruiters via email.
    3. We scheduled and held a non-technical phone interview.
    4. After that, we scheduled and held a technical phone interview.
    5. They then let me know that they wanted to do an n-person interview, which we scheduled. It consisted of technical and non-technical segments with different interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Write a recursive algorithm, given a person with a map of friends, that prints all of that person's friends to the nth degree, but does not contain the original person or any duplicates.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

applied online and took about a week to receive a phone interview, about 40 mins, mostly about background And the next day I was told to go onsite. had 2 team leaders , one for about 30 mins. Very detailed questions, behavior questions and also about your understanding of new technology products/

Allaince Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at MicroStrategy in April 2014.

Had an phone interview with the HR person and then the hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • What do I like about my current company? He was trying to assess cultural fit.   View Answer

Teaching Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at MicroStrategy in August 2012.

The interview process consisted of one phone interview, and two in person interviews. The Human Resource Manager was nice, some of the team members made the in person interview very difficult, they were very mean.

Software Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Had a phone interview first. After about 2 weeks, selected to attend an onsite interview. Interviewed with 4 nice people, reasonable brain teaser and behavior questions.

Revenue Recognition Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MicroStrategy.

the interview process consisted of 3 interviews. the first interview was a phone screening from an HR representative. fairly basic and not job specific. the second interview was with a manager in the group. the third interview was with the director of rev rec.

Interview Questions
    • the interview was conducted by asking more about your previous experience and not specific technical questions.   View Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MicroStrategy.

2 phone interview, four one-hour in-person interviews

Interview Questions
    • Explain business intelligence to your great-grandmother   Answer Question

Software Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MicroStrategy.

First interview is a very general one, questions are about resume, former experience, some questions like what's your strength and weakness.after that it comes to some technical analysis like to test Gmail then some analytic questions and brain teasers. I got a question about the conference of earth , the anchor and boat question.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MicroStrategy in March 2014.

First interview on campus with Normal interview questions about resume, and then ended with two analytical questions. Then received invitation to on site interview for the following week. On site consisted of 3 separate 45 min interviews each ending with analytical questions. Culture seemed relaxed, and people were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Number sequences, patterns, and light bulb brain teaser   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at MicroStrategy in March 2014.

Applied online, first go over resume by HR. Then technical phone screen,several algorithm problems. give out the solution to the problem. Then the second round. the same process.