MicroStrategy Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MicroStrategy.

went through 2 phone interviews and then was offered to be flown down there for a final interview but decided against moving down to dc for a career

Interview Questions
    • none of the questions were too difficult or unexpected - asked a lot of questions to get insight on my analytical background   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy in January 2014.

First, phone screen, quite easy. Then, after several weeks, onsite. 4 interviewers, ask about java, C++, Objective-C, threads, synchronization, dead lock, design pattern, and a couple of algorithms.

Software Quality Engineer Interview

First round is an on campus interview. The interviewer asked a few IQ questions like how to divide a cake into 8 pieces. After a week was the second round on site interview. There were three interviewers and each one asked questions for about 45 minutes. First one asked a question about coding and testing. Other two asked IQ questions.

Interview Questions
    • n people go through a bridge and only two can pass once. Each person need different time to pass the bridge. Find the min time to pass the bridge   Answer Question

Associate Beta Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy.

First round started out with a phone interview. Spoke on the phone for about 45 minutes. Questions were a mix of behavioral and problem solving brainteasers. Talked about professional experience and university courses. Received about two brainteasers that made you think a bit, but ultimately weren't too difficult.

Second (and final) round was on site. Had 3 separate 45 minute interviews with different employees in the technology department. Again, the question mix was 50/50 between brainteasers and behavioral. The brainteasers were more difficult in this one than in the phone interview. Was asked to write some SQL on a whiteboard since my resume said I had taken a course in database technology. Quick tour around the building and that was it.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember since the interview was several years ago.   Answer Question
    Not much of a negotiation since I was taking the job directly out of school.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy in December 2013.

First step was a phone interview, which I cannot recall very well. It was a basic technical screen, asking questions about .NET, C#, and SQL. The in-person interview was 7 hours long. After I arrived at the MicroStrategy office, I first took a written test that asked some very difficult questions that were not relevant to my position or skills. They included questions relating to discrete mathematics, algorithms, etc.

Even though I completely failed my written test, I made it through two more rounds of in-person interviews at the MicroStrategy office. These were fairly easy and involved questions about how I would design a certain application given a certain problem. Then I went out to lunch with the team lead. That went extremely well and we got along perfectly. My final interview was with the manager of the project. He was a bit tougher and not as friendly, and was looking at his Outlook email on his phone while interviewing me (very rude).

IMPORTANT: Even though I was offered the position, the Risk Management team declined my employment because I had a misdemeanor from 3 years ago. They took 3 weeks to process my background check and I had already quit my previous position. I really hope this does not happen to anyone else.

Interview Questions
    • The written test, with questions about algorithms and calculating performance of functions.   Answer Question

I did not decline. I was not given the position because of a misdemeanor on my record from more than 3 years ago. MicroStrategy took several weeks to perform my background check and I was left unemployed in the end.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MicroStrategy in December 2013.

I applied through employee referral. The first interview was HR screening. No problems there. I was then set for an hour interview for analytical test. I interviewer had 4 questions for me, simple and just like the ones in this website. I was called for an on site interview after that to be interviewed by 3 people. The first one had a programming/testing type of question, the second one had a quality type of question related to app developing and bluetooth technology. The third interviewer didn't show up. I was told they would schedule me for a phone interview with the third guy. I haven't heard ever since.

Software Engineer Interview

First an initial phone screen, then four face-to-face interviews. People are very nice there.

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MicroStrategy.

3 rounds of interviews, need to have a great credit score.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever call out sick to go on a job interview?   View Answer
    ask for a signing bonus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy in November 2013.

I was referred by a friend who is software engineer in MicroStrategy, then I get a phone interview after two weeks. After That Interview 3 hours, I was informed that I'll be invited to onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • Interview question: There is a function f, input are names(array), the function will put comma between these names and put a star(*) in the middle of these names. Please design 8 sets of input to test this function.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy in November 2013.

Applied through on-campus career services website and cleared on campus round. Got invited for on-site interview and had three rounds of interview. First two guys were very polite and nice but the third interviewer seemed to have a biased opinion and he said "people with higher education are tough to learn as they already form an attitude". At that point itself, I was clear that I was not going to join the firm.