MicroStrategy Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

First interview on campus with Normal interview questions about resume, and then ended with two analytical questions. Then received invitation to on site interview for the following week. On site consisted of 3 separate 45 min interviews each ending with analytical questions. Culture seemed relaxed, and people were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Number sequences, patterns, and light bulb brain teaser   1 Answer

All Positions Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MicroStrategy in March 2014.

Interview

Straightforward hiring and interview process but I want to talk about something else - All I have to say is this company has the longest and most extensive background check ever. The background check from beginning to finish took almost 3 weeks. Be ready for everything. They analyze every single word on your resume.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

Told the last day before the originally scheduled on-ground interview that their people were not able to come. Did phone screen instead. Same process as mentioned by others: personal experience; teasers; what QE teams do.
    Some questions are widely available online; Some question didn't quite make sense: I was asked to be specific how I would test Google, and the manager didn't come up with clear instruction on what specific product and functionality when I asked.
    The manager talked in a speedy monotone, sort of sensed she wasn't in a good mood.

Interview Questions

• not very technical; enough practice with brain teasers will help you do well   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

applied through campus recruit, questions are basically behaviors like what would you be in the next 5 years, why you chose this company. Brain teaser is the same old one. Crossing the bridge with a torch , two people at a time (1min/2min/5min/10min), what's the shortest time to cross.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MicroStrategy in February 2014.

Interview

The first communication I got after applying was an email to set up a phone interview. During the phone interview I spoke with a woman and we mostly just talked about my availability with little discussion about the job itself. I then had to wait about a week to hear back if I could get set up for a Skype interview, which I did. During that part, we talked a lot more about the job itself and then I was informed that I would hear back in about a week if I would move on to an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• For such a big company, I wasn't asked a lot of questions directy about the job itself. I was also expecting more of a behavior based interview, but it wasn't. More of a conversation to to make sure that I'm not a crazy person or completely incompetant. For this interview it was really important just to be yourself and very straightforeward about what you want to get out of the job. This is an entry level postion.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy in February 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very long and intense. They grilled me on everything I had on my resume, work experience, and asked me to additionally solve case scenarios and brain teasers. It was a very friendly interview, but I wouldn't say easy.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

went through 2 phone interviews and then was offered to be flown down there for a final interview but decided against moving down to dc for a career

Interview Questions

• none of the questions were too difficult or unexpected - asked a lot of questions to get insight on my analytical background   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

First, phone screen, quite easy. Then, after several weeks, onsite. 4 interviewers, ask about java, C++, Objective-C, threads, synchronization, dead lock, design pattern, and a couple of algorithms.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewing process was pretty simple, took about 1 month. Started with a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. Each one took about 20-30 minutes. Questions were pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Interview

First round is an on campus interview. The interviewer asked a few IQ questions like how to divide a cake into 8 pieces. After a week was the second round on site interview. There were three interviewers and each one asked questions for about 45 minutes. First one asked a question about coding and testing. Other two asked IQ questions.

Interview Questions

• n people go through a bridge and only two can pass once. Each person need different time to pass the bridge. Find the min time to pass the bridge   Answer Question