MicroStrategy Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy (New York, NY).

Interview

Usual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you have good experience and good social skills. you can negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MicroStrategy in March 2014.

Interview

Phone screen interview. The interviewer didn't give too much introduction about the company. I was given a coding problem on the screen which has a interface that is very similar to Leetcode. Also the coding problem is from Leetcode I think. You need to finish coding within 20 mins. It is a little uncomfortable if you are not practiced on Leetcode.

Interview Questions

• The question I got is to re-construct the binary tree using pro-order and in-order retrieval sequences.   Answer Question

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MicroStrategy (Vienna, VA).

Interview

First a phone interview about your background. After a week another interview about the projects and work you have done, also some brain teasers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MicroStrategy (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online, first go over resume by HR. Then technical phone screen,several algorithm problems. give out the solution to the problem. Then the second round. the same process.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

First interview on campus with Normal interview questions about resume, and then ended with two analytical questions. Then received invitation to on site interview for the following week. On site consisted of 3 separate 45 min interviews each ending with analytical questions. Culture seemed relaxed, and people were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Number sequences, patterns, and light bulb brain teaser   1 Answer

All Positions Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MicroStrategy in March 2014.

Interview

Straightforward hiring and interview process but I want to talk about something else - All I have to say is this company has the longest and most extensive background check ever. The background check from beginning to finish took almost 3 weeks. Be ready for everything. They analyze every single word on your resume.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

Told the last day before the originally scheduled on-ground interview that their people were not able to come. Did phone screen instead. Same process as mentioned by others: personal experience; teasers; what QE teams do.
    Some questions are widely available online; Some question didn't quite make sense: I was asked to be specific how I would test Google, and the manager didn't come up with clear instruction on what specific product and functionality when I asked.
    The manager talked in a speedy monotone, sort of sensed she wasn't in a good mood.

Interview Questions

• not very technical; enough practice with brain teasers will help you do well   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

applied through campus recruit, questions are basically behaviors like what would you be in the next 5 years, why you chose this company. Brain teaser is the same old one. Crossing the bridge with a torch , two people at a time (1min/2min/5min/10min), what's the shortest time to cross.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MicroStrategy in February 2014.

Interview

The first communication I got after applying was an email to set up a phone interview. During the phone interview I spoke with a woman and we mostly just talked about my availability with little discussion about the job itself. I then had to wait about a week to hear back if I could get set up for a Skype interview, which I did. During that part, we talked a lot more about the job itself and then I was informed that I would hear back in about a week if I would move on to an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• For such a big company, I wasn't asked a lot of questions directy about the job itself. I was also expecting more of a behavior based interview, but it wasn't. More of a conversation to to make sure that I'm not a crazy person or completely incompetant. For this interview it was really important just to be yourself and very straightforeward about what you want to get out of the job. This is an entry level postion.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy in February 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very long and intense. They grilled me on everything I had on my resume, work experience, and asked me to additionally solve case scenarios and brain teasers. It was a very friendly interview, but I wouldn't say easy.