MicroStrategy

Average Difficulty
125 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MicroStrategy in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through on-campus career services website and cleared on campus round. Got invited for on-site interview and had three rounds of interview. First two guys were very polite and nice but the third interviewer seemed to have a biased opinion and he said "people with higher education are tough to learn as they already form an attitude". At that point itself, I was clear that I was not going to join the firm.

Interview Question – Mostly puzzles like those mentioned on this website.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MicroStrategy in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend who is software engineer in MicroStrategy, then I get a phone interview after two weeks. After That Interview 3 hours, I was informed that I'll be invited to onsite interview.

Interview Question – Interview question: There is a function f, input are names(array), the function will put comma between these names and put a star(*) in the middle of these names. Please design 8 sets of input to test this function.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MicroStrategy in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through school website and interviewed on campus. Pretty easy interview and invited me onsite a couple of days later. The onsite consists of one 90-min exam and a couple of 45-min interviews from 9am to 3pm. Asked about some algorithm questions and some computer science basic knowledge, like the difference between TCP and UDP.

Interview Question – Asked me a DP problem. With interviewer's hint I came up with the solution   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at MicroStrategy

Interview Details – First an initial phone screen, then four face-to-face interviews. People are very nice there.

Interview Question – Small and large bin box design   View Answer

Software Quality Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MicroStrategy in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through LinkedIn. I received a phone call from a Senior Corporate Recruiter. It was a quick 10 minute conversation. He verified all the information that I had given. Was asked what got me interested in the company.He described the role and the services provided by the company.
Scheduled a technical interview with a senior manager and said that it would test my analytic ability,i.e puzzles etc.

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interviews, need to have a great credit score.

Interview Question – Did you ever call out sick to go on a job interview?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – ask for a signing bonus

Software Quality Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MicroStrategy in October 2013.

Interview Details – I went to the on-campus interview. A senior manager in the Software Quality team asked me some behavioral questions, two analytical questions, and a question about my resume, a project related to software test. Did not finish the second analytical question in time. I left my draft to the HR 5 minutes after the interview, when I finished it. Nice experience overall. Still in the interviewing process. Will go on-site next week.

Interview Question – How test a function that tells if three numbers can be the length of the three sides of a triangle.
Kept on being asked "anything more?" Had to admit I cannot think of anything new at last...
  Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

User Experience Designer
Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MicroStrategy in March 2013.

Interview Details – I went through the university recruitment process. The Interview questions were very basic behavior questions. Then I was invited to their headquarter near Washington D.C for on-site interview. There were 4 back-to-back interview about UX design asking me to draw wireframe for their product. They also ask me to contribute ideas to one of their product under development progress.

Interview Question – Draw wireframe and explain your ideas.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview Details – Four rounds of interviews with people of varying backgrounds/seniority. Three of those interviewing were very friendly, and pleasant with their questions and demeanor. One was unpleasant and seemed more interested in the work at hand than asking any meaningful questions or engaging in a real dialogue. It was very frustrating and made me think much less of the company.

Interview Question – Typical consulting "brain teaser" questions. One was an actual business case they had dealt with. That was the easiest and most engaging to answer. Otherwise, the brain teasers were typical BS you get in these interview situations.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Business Development Representative
McLean, VA

I applied online - interviewed at MicroStrategy in March 2013.

Interview Details – it was quick and easy if you have a good background in software sales. I honestly thought their would have been more of a technical qualification process but it was mostly about previous work experience. fist step is a phone interview with the HR department and then they ask some simply questions about past work experience and general questions about the industry. Next step you go in for a face to face with the hiring managers. If you pass and get managements approval then you are hired pending a background check.

Interview Question – it was pretty standard process and i do not remember any curve balls   Answer Question