MicroStrategy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Got an e-mail from their human resources department after applying for the position online and did a phone interview within two days.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think I have to give you an offer instead of other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MicroStrategy in July 2013.

Simple phone interview about team experiences and a few brain teasers at the end. The next week they set up an in person interview. Interviewed with 3 people, each for about an hour. They all had brain teasers and questions specifically for software quality testing.

Interview Questions
    • What would your test cases be if facebook passwords started not working.   View Answer

Software Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Get a phone interview talking about my background. And then get the second phone interview from another QA manager talking about projects and some brain teasers. Then got declined

Interview Questions
    • How to find the defect box with defect iPhone   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MicroStrategy.

on-campus interview followed by on-site interview. Interviewers are very nice, polite, and professional. Nice working environment and location.

On-site interview: programming questions, brain teasers, and behavior questions.

Interview Questions

compensation is little low (at least lower than I expected).

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Submitted my resume for on-campus recruiting. Got an interview with Senior SQ Engineer on campus. He asked a couple of brain teasers and basic questions about your resume. Was invited for an on-site interview that I could schedule at my convenience. Really appreciated their flexibility and my HR contact was very fast to always respond to my emails and to coordinate everything. She was also very honest and straightforward throughout the whole process. The on-site interview consisted of 3 back to back interview with engineers. At the end I was told that they wanted me to see another person. If they go off schedule and want you to see more people than originally scheduled, I believe you can take that as a good sign that they really like you. The Engineers asked a lot of brain teasers, most of which you can find on this website. If you're serious about your job search you should also do a google search on "job interview brain teasers" and "job interview puzzles" and familiarize yourself with all the basic logic questions. That's what I did and I was pretty well prepared for this aspect of the interview. If you're a smart person they'll see thru you and like you, so don't be afraid to talk about your thought process as much as possible. Be honest and show enthusiasm, everyone wants to work with a happy, excited to be there person. I was told that I'd hear something back in two weeks. About two weeks and a couple of days later, I was sent via e-mail an offer letter which I think is very generous.

Interview Questions
    • A very hard brain teaser that requires creativity. You don't necessarily have to get the right answer, but you have to come up with some intelligent ways of tackling the problem. Don't be afraid to talk about your thought process, even if it's not right.   View Answers (2)
    This was an entry-level position so I don't think it is negotiable. I did not try to negotiate as I did not get the impression that this is an option with them.

Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Submitted an application online, was called by HR rep a few days later. She asked a few questions pertaining to the job and told me the hiring manager would get in touch if he was interested, based on the information she collected. Hiring manager set up a phone interview a week or so later. Then I was brought in for four back-to-back 45 minute interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had an idea that you tried to get a team on board for, but it wasn't going well. How did you react?   Answer Question
    Great offer, happy to accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at MicroStrategy in April 2013.

Referred by one friend. Then one week later, the hr called me to ask a few questions., and we set up one phone interview in two weeks. The phone interview took 1 hour. Most of the question were about the projects I have done. Then they ask me about three brain teasers. The final question ask me to design a program to test a flash light.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at MicroStrategy in April 2013.

HR phone screen came frist, then a UX designer contacted me for a portfolio review. A week later they gave me a onsite and I met with 5 interviewers.

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Just had an HR interview.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MicroStrategy in March 2013.

Submitted resume to school's online career system, received on-campus interview a week later. OCI was mostly informational and a general resume run-through. Was invited to in-person interview in Tyson's Corner about a week later.

Onsite interview consisted of a building tour, two 1-hour one-on-one interviews with managers, and a lunch presentation by the head of the university recruiting program.

Overall, the two interviewers had a little bit of a good cop/bad cop routine going. The first was very stern and followed his lines of questioning to extremes, stressing the difficulty of boot camp, while the second barely asked me any questions and was more intent on selling MicroStrategy to me. Two weeks later, I received a generous offer.

The whole process was straighforward, in my opinion, and few technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Boot camp will require a lot of rapid-paced learning; why do you think you are capable of keeping up?   Answer Question