MicroStrategy Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy in November 2013.

Applied through on-campus career services website and cleared on campus round. Got invited for on-site interview and had three rounds of interview. First two guys were very polite and nice but the third interviewer seemed to have a biased opinion and he said "people with higher education are tough to learn as they already form an attitude". At that point itself, I was clear that I was not going to join the firm.

Software Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MicroStrategy in November 2013.

Applied through LinkedIn. I received a phone call from a Senior Corporate Recruiter. It was a quick 10 minute conversation. He verified all the information that I had given. Was asked what got me interested in the company.He described the role and the services provided by the company.
    Scheduled a technical interview with a senior manager and said that it would test my analytic ability,i.e puzzles etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MicroStrategy in November 2013.

Applied through school website and interviewed on campus. Pretty easy interview and invited me onsite a couple of days later. The onsite consists of one 90-min exam and a couple of 45-min interviews from 9am to 3pm. Asked about some algorithm questions and some computer science basic knowledge, like the difference between TCP and UDP.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me a DP problem. With interviewer's hint I came up with the solution   View Answer

Software Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy in October 2013.

I went to the on-campus interview. A senior manager in the Software Quality team asked me some behavioral questions, two analytical questions, and a question about my resume, a project related to software test. Did not finish the second analytical question in time. I left my draft to the HR 5 minutes after the interview, when I finished it. Nice experience overall. Still in the interviewing process. Will go on-site next week.

Interview Questions
    • How test a function that tells if three numbers can be the length of the three sides of a triangle.
      Kept on being asked "anything more?" Had to admit I cannot think of anything new at last...
        Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MicroStrategy.

Four rounds of interviews with people of varying backgrounds/seniority. Three of those interviewing were very friendly, and pleasant with their questions and demeanor. One was unpleasant and seemed more interested in the work at hand than asking any meaningful questions or engaging in a real dialogue. It was very frustrating and made me think much less of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Typical consulting "brain teaser" questions. One was an actual business case they had dealt with. That was the easiest and most engaging to answer. Otherwise, the brain teasers were typical BS you get in these interview situations.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Got an e-mail from their human resources department after applying for the position online and did a phone interview within two days.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think I have to give you an offer instead of other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy in July 2013.

Simple phone interview about team experiences and a few brain teasers at the end. The next week they set up an in person interview. Interviewed with 3 people, each for about an hour. They all had brain teasers and questions specifically for software quality testing.

Interview Questions
    • What would your test cases be if facebook passwords started not working.   View Answer

Software Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy.

Get a phone interview talking about my background. And then get the second phone interview from another QA manager talking about projects and some brain teasers. Then got declined

Interview Questions
    • How to find the defect box with defect iPhone   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MicroStrategy.

on-campus interview followed by on-site interview. Interviewers are very nice, polite, and professional. Nice working environment and location.

On-site interview: programming questions, brain teasers, and behavior questions.

Interview Questions

compensation is little low (at least lower than I expected).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MicroStrategy.

Submitted my resume for on-campus recruiting. Got an interview with Senior SQ Engineer on campus. He asked a couple of brain teasers and basic questions about your resume. Was invited for an on-site interview that I could schedule at my convenience. Really appreciated their flexibility and my HR contact was very fast to always respond to my emails and to coordinate everything. She was also very honest and straightforward throughout the whole process. The on-site interview consisted of 3 back to back interview with engineers. At the end I was told that they wanted me to see another person. If they go off schedule and want you to see more people than originally scheduled, I believe you can take that as a good sign that they really like you. The Engineers asked a lot of brain teasers, most of which you can find on this website. If you're serious about your job search you should also do a google search on "job interview brain teasers" and "job interview puzzles" and familiarize yourself with all the basic logic questions. That's what I did and I was pretty well prepared for this aspect of the interview. If you're a smart person they'll see thru you and like you, so don't be afraid to talk about your thought process as much as possible. Be honest and show enthusiasm, everyone wants to work with a happy, excited to be there person. I was told that I'd hear something back in two weeks. About two weeks and a couple of days later, I was sent via e-mail an offer letter which I think is very generous.

Interview Questions
    • A very hard brain teaser that requires creativity. You don't necessarily have to get the right answer, but you have to come up with some intelligent ways of tackling the problem. Don't be afraid to talk about your thought process, even if it's not right.   View Answers (2)
    This was an entry-level position so I don't think it is negotiable. I did not try to negotiate as I did not get the impression that this is an option with them.