MicroStrategy

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at MicroStrategy in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone screen interview. The interviewer didn't give too much introduction about the company. I was given a coding problem on the screen which has a interface that is very similar to Leetcode. Also the coding problem is from Leetcode I think. You need to finish coding within 20 mins. It is a little uncomfortable if you are not practiced on Leetcode.

Interview Question – The question I got is to re-construct the binary tree using pro-order and in-order retrieval sequences.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MicroStrategy in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, first go over resume by HR. Then technical phone screen,several algorithm problems. give out the solution to the problem. Then the second round. the same process.

Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MicroStrategy in January 2014.

Interview Details – First, phone screen, quite easy. Then, after several weeks, onsite. 4 interviewers, ask about java, C++, Objective-C, threads, synchronization, dead lock, design pattern, and a couple of algorithms.

Interview Question – Design how to recognize a gesture of drawing a cycle.   Answer Question

Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MicroStrategy in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through school website and interviewed on campus. Pretty easy interview and invited me onsite a couple of days later. The onsite consists of one 90-min exam and a couple of 45-min interviews from 9am to 3pm. Asked about some algorithm questions and some computer science basic knowledge, like the difference between TCP and UDP.

Interview Question – Asked me a DP problem. With interviewer's hint I came up with the solution   View Answer

Interviewed at MicroStrategy

Interview Details – First an initial phone screen, then four face-to-face interviews. People are very nice there.

Interview Question – Small and large bin box design   View Answer

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MicroStrategy in February 2013.

Interview Details – Asked my previous working experience and then talked about UML, generating random number without invoking the method provided by system, finding out the middle node of a linked list, finding out same part in two strings and outputing them as string.

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MicroStrategy in August 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacts you fairly quickly and they are normally very friendly. Good follow up process. The process consists of an initial phone screening where you have to do some coding and resolve basic algorithm/design questions. If you pass, you'll be brought to the HQ and will go through a software test (5 problems consisting of algorithms varying in difficulty). After that, you'll have 4-5 interviews (including a lunch one) of about 45 minutes each, where you'll be asked to code on a whiteboard. If you make it to the 5th interview, normally with a senior manager, you'll have good chances of receiving an offer. If you do very bad at your written test, you might be cut earlier.
After this, you normally will hear back from the recruiter in about 2 weeks to see whether or not you got an offer. Based on your situation, a starting date would be set.
Everyone is very friendly throughout the process and helpful.

Interview Question – Implement the basic structure of a chat server   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MicroStrategy in March 2012.

Interview Details – hr contacted to set up a phone interview. A female engineer called and asked basic resume questions and get to know my background. She is pretty decent in speaking although not a native speaker. Then proceeded to an onsite interview. Met three engineers. Two engineers asked easy brain teaser and testing questions. One engineer gave a very hard brain teaser.

Interview Question – weigh candies in boxes   Answer Question

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MicroStrategy in October 2011.

Interview Details – I got my interview chances from campus recruit, there are four on-site rounds, most of the problems are about algorithm, data structure and mathematics, such as topological sorting, dynamic programming, and counting problem, one question is that , used dynamic programming to calculate maximum sub-sequence sum, overall, the interview is easy. in addition, one manager also asked me about my project experiences in school.

Interview Question – I can't remember more detail, one question is about graphic theory , the answer is topological sorting.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – got other offer

Software Engineer

The process took 1 week - interviewed at MicroStrategy in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very efficient process. I had 1 phone interview and 1 day of one-on-one interviews with 4 people. The day started with a programming assessment test. Then the interviewers told me about the company and asked interesting programming/design questions. They took me to lunch. It was a very relaxed yet professional. I enjoyed the company.

Interviews for Top Jobs at MicroStrategy

Worked for MicroStrategy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MicroStrategy Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by MicroStrategy employees and interview candidates.