MicroStrategy

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Quality Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview first. After about 2 weeks, selected to attend an onsite interview. Interviewed with 4 nice people, reasonable brain teaser and behavior questions.

Software Quality Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview Details – First interview is a very general one, questions are about resume, former experience, some questions like what's your strength and weakness.after that it comes to some technical analysis like to test Gmail then some analytic questions and brain teasers. I got a question about the conference of earth , the anchor and boat question.

Interview Question – What is your biggest fear?   View Answer

Vienna, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview Details – First a phone interview about your background. After a week another interview about the projects and work you have done, also some brain teasers.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Software Quality Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview Details – applied through campus recruit, questions are basically behaviors like what would you be in the next 5 years, why you chose this company. Brain teaser is the same old one. Crossing the bridge with a torch , two people at a time (1min/2min/5min/10min), what's the shortest time to cross.

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MicroStrategy in July 2013.

Interview Details – Simple phone interview about team experiences and a few brain teasers at the end. The next week they set up an in person interview. Interviewed with 3 people, each for about an hour. They all had brain teasers and questions specifically for software quality testing.

Interview Question – What would your test cases be if facebook passwords started not working.   View Answer

Interviewed at MicroStrategy

Interview Details – First round is an on campus interview. The interviewer asked a few IQ questions like how to divide a cake into 8 pieces. After a week was the second round on site interview. There were three interviewers and each one asked questions for about 45 minutes. First one asked a question about coding and testing. Other two asked IQ questions.

Interview Question – n people go through a bridge and only two can pass once. Each person need different time to pass the bridge. Find the min time to pass the bridge   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MicroStrategy in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through on-campus career services website and cleared on campus round. Got invited for on-site interview and had three rounds of interview. First two guys were very polite and nice but the third interviewer seemed to have a biased opinion and he said "people with higher education are tough to learn as they already form an attitude". At that point itself, I was clear that I was not going to join the firm.

Interview Question – Mostly puzzles like those mentioned on this website.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MicroStrategy in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend who is software engineer in MicroStrategy, then I get a phone interview after two weeks. After That Interview 3 hours, I was informed that I'll be invited to onsite interview.

Interview Question – Interview question: There is a function f, input are names(array), the function will put comma between these names and put a star(*) in the middle of these names. Please design 8 sets of input to test this function.   View Answer

Software Quality Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MicroStrategy in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through LinkedIn. I received a phone call from a Senior Corporate Recruiter. It was a quick 10 minute conversation. He verified all the information that I had given. Was asked what got me interested in the company.He described the role and the services provided by the company.
Scheduled a technical interview with a senior manager and said that it would test my analytic ability,i.e puzzles etc.

Software Quality Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MicroStrategy in October 2013.

Interview Details – I went to the on-campus interview. A senior manager in the Software Quality team asked me some behavioral questions, two analytical questions, and a question about my resume, a project related to software test. Did not finish the second analytical question in time. I left my draft to the HR 5 minutes after the interview, when I finished it. Nice experience overall. Still in the interviewing process. Will go on-site next week.

Interview Question – How test a function that tells if three numbers can be the length of the three sides of a triangle.
Kept on being asked "anything more?" Had to admit I cannot think of anything new at last...
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at MicroStrategy

Worked for MicroStrategy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MicroStrategy Software Quality Engineer interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by MicroStrategy employees and interview candidates.