MicroStrategy

Updated Dec 13, 2014

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview process was quick and straight forward consisting of several phone conversations and face to face interviews over a short period of time. Take the time to review the Website, specifically the Customer testimonials. This will help out during the interview.

quick and painless

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MicroStrategy.

First a phone interview about your background. After a week another interview about the projects and work you have done, also some brain teasers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MicroStrategy in March 2014.

Applied online, first go over resume by HR. Then technical phone screen,several algorithm problems. give out the solution to the problem. Then the second round. the same process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy in November 2013.

I was referred by a friend who is software engineer in MicroStrategy, then I get a phone interview after two weeks. After That Interview 3 hours, I was informed that I'll be invited to onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • Interview question: There is a function f, input are names(array), the function will put comma between these names and put a star(*) in the middle of these names. Please design 8 sets of input to test this function.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy in November 2013.

Applied through on-campus career services website and cleared on campus round. Got invited for on-site interview and had three rounds of interview. First two guys were very polite and nice but the third interviewer seemed to have a biased opinion and he said "people with higher education are tough to learn as they already form an attitude". At that point itself, I was clear that I was not going to join the firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MicroStrategy in July 2013.

Simple phone interview about team experiences and a few brain teasers at the end. The next week they set up an in person interview. Interviewed with 3 people, each for about an hour. They all had brain teasers and questions specifically for software quality testing.

Interview Questions
    • What would your test cases be if facebook passwords started not working.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MicroStrategy.

Submitted my resume for on-campus recruiting. Got an interview with Senior SQ Engineer on campus. He asked a couple of brain teasers and basic questions about your resume. Was invited for an on-site interview that I could schedule at my convenience. Really appreciated their flexibility and my HR contact was very fast to always respond to my emails and to coordinate everything. She was also very honest and straightforward throughout the whole process. The on-site interview consisted of 3 back to back interview with engineers. At the end I was told that they wanted me to see another person. If they go off schedule and want you to see more people than originally scheduled, I believe you can take that as a good sign that they really like you. The Engineers asked a lot of brain teasers, most of which you can find on this website. If you're serious about your job search you should also do a google search on "job interview brain teasers" and "job interview puzzles" and familiarize yourself with all the basic logic questions. That's what I did and I was pretty well prepared for this aspect of the interview. If you're a smart person they'll see thru you and like you, so don't be afraid to talk about your thought process as much as possible. Be honest and show enthusiasm, everyone wants to work with a happy, excited to be there person. I was told that I'd hear something back in two weeks. About two weeks and a couple of days later, I was sent via e-mail an offer letter which I think is very generous.

Interview Questions
    • A very hard brain teaser that requires creativity. You don't necessarily have to get the right answer, but you have to come up with some intelligent ways of tackling the problem. Don't be afraid to talk about your thought process, even if it's not right.   View Answers (2)
    This was an entry-level position so I don't think it is negotiable. I did not try to negotiate as I did not get the impression that this is an option with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at MicroStrategy in April 2013.

Referred by one friend. Then one week later, the hr called me to ask a few questions., and we set up one phone interview in two weeks. The phone interview took 1 hour. Most of the question were about the projects I have done. Then they ask me about three brain teasers. The final question ask me to design a program to test a flash light.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MicroStrategy in April 2013.

HR phone screen came frist, then a UX designer contacted me for a portfolio review. A week later they gave me a onsite and I met with 5 interviewers.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online – interviewed at MicroStrategy in March 2013.

it was quick and easy if you have a good background in software sales. I honestly thought their would have been more of a technical qualification process but it was mostly about previous work experience. fist step is a phone interview with the HR department and then they ask some simply questions about past work experience and general questions about the industry. Next step you go in for a face to face with the hiring managers. If you pass and get managements approval then you are hired pending a background check.

Interview Questions
    • it was pretty standard process and i do not remember any curve balls   Answer Question