Microchip Technology Applications Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

When an interview starts with a Junior Engineer asking about how to program a linked list on a whiteboard, you know its not going to be a good interview. For 5 hours I was repeatedly grilled on all areas of embedded computing; repeatedly the same questions. I was asked questions that not even the interviewer knew the answers to. Of the 5 people that interrogated me, non were the hiring manager. I was then taken to lunch by the hiring manager and 4 other interviewers. Instead of using the time to learn about me, the person, the hiring manager used this time to ask me things he knew I didn't know; or at least he should of by then from the comments of the others. While I choked down my grilled chicken, the questions got more ridiculous. After 6 hours of interrogation, my brain was numb. When asked about how to debug the registers of kernel core dump after a panic, I surrendered and simply responded with "Good question..."; hoping that the inferiority complex that the Manager had would end.... and it did. They dumped me at the curb in front of HR. No proper good byes exchanged. Good riddance. Even if I would have been offered a position, I would have refused.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the negative things on your last performance review.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Microchip Technology

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

Was approached by a headhunter through Monster. Pretty standard interview process: aced the phone screen, then was flown in to interview. Was pretty much a gauntlet type of interview, similar to the one stated on Feb 18, 2014. I asked the manager where he wanted to take the project he had pegged for me. He said he was hoping I'd know! So basically I'd be doing his job, and paid much less for it. Bad sign right there! That, and when they tried to bait me into talking bad about a former employer of mine, was when my brain switched off, and waited for the end to come. HR also let me know that just because it's 40% cheaper to live there, that it's enough justification to try and lowball me by that much. With recent discriminatory legislation being passed in AZ, I'd stay away from working in this state, and glad they passed me over, cause I'd have turned them down anyways.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer bad-mouthing a former employer of mine, and see how I'd respond   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

Position was for an Applications Engineer. There was a telephone interview followed up with an on-site interview. The telephonic interview involved questions mainly from my resume. The telephonic interview lasted about 15 to 20 minutes. The interviewer decided to invite me for the on site interview on first call. The on-site interview lasted about five hours. I was asked a combination of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you think are important traits of a team player?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Microchip Technology.

Interview

The contact was given via campus recruitment, therefore the interview process took less then 1 week. The face-to-face interview was reassuringly direct, we've talked about what projects I've done, the experience I had in applications development.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Microchip Technology (Bangalore (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

basics of electronics .like digital analog communications m c u , m p u , networks analysis. gud process. good way to start a career

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Microchip Technology in March 2011.

Interview

Email exchange to set up the phone interview with the manager of the team I applied for, then the phone interview itself, lasted about 45 minutes on the phone. Email followed to tell me I was not suitable for the position.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microchip Technology (Bangalore (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

Three rounds of technical interview followed by HR round. Interviewers were very skilled and posed questions on: 1. entire Synopsys range of tools and usage. 2. Basic timing and design concepts. Post interview was lunch and the manager kindly invited me to have lunch with him in the cafeteria. Nice people, good work culture. It seemed to be an excellent company, which took care of their employees.

Interview Questions

Got another offer from another semiconductor giant. It was very hard to make the decision though.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microchip Technology in September 2010.

Interview

Telephonic interview. Written Test. 2 rounds of technical interview . all basic of electronics, C questions. Micro controller archi. manager level interview followed by the HR round.

Negotiation