Microchip Technology

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chandler, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Microchip Technology in January 2014.

Interview Details – Was approached by a headhunter through Monster. Pretty standard interview process: aced the phone screen, then was flown in to interview.

Was pretty much a gauntlet type of interview, similar to the one stated on Feb 18, 2014. I asked the manager where he wanted to take the project he had pegged for me. He said he was hoping I'd know! So basically I'd be doing his job, and paid much less for it. Bad sign right there!

That, and when they tried to bait me into talking bad about a former employer of mine, was when my brain switched off, and waited for the end to come. HR also let me know that just because it's 40% cheaper to live there, that it's enough justification to try and lowball me by that much.

With recent discriminatory legislation being passed in AZ, I'd stay away from working in this state, and glad they passed me over, cause I'd have turned them down anyways.

Interview Question – Interviewer bad-mouthing a former employer of mine, and see how I'd respond   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Chandler, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Microchip Technology in February 2014.

Interview Details – When an interview starts with a Junior Engineer asking about how to program a linked list on a whiteboard, you know its not going to be a good interview. For 5 hours I was repeatedly grilled on all areas of embedded computing; repeatedly the same questions. I was asked questions that not even the interviewer knew the answers to. Of the 5 people that interrogated me, non were the hiring manager. I was then taken to lunch by the hiring manager and 4 other interviewers. Instead of using the time to learn about me, the person, the hiring manager used this time to ask me things he knew I didn't know; or at least he should of by then from the comments of the others. While I choked down my grilled chicken, the questions got more ridiculous. After 6 hours of interrogation, my brain was numb. When asked about how to debug the registers of kernel core dump after a panic, I surrendered and simply responded with "Good question..."; hoping that the inferiority complex that the Manager had would end.... and it did. They dumped me at the curb in front of HR. No proper good byes exchanged. Good riddance. Even if I would have been offered a position, I would have refused.

Interview Question – Tell me about the negative things on your last performance review.   View Answers (2)

Applications Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Microchip Technology in September 2010.

Interview Details – Telephonic interview.
Written Test.
2 rounds of technical interview . all basic of electronics, C questions.
Micro controller archi.
manager level interview followed by the HR round.

Negotiation Details – No

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Microchip Technology in November 2011.

Interview Details – basics of electronics .like digital analog communications m c u , m p u , networks analysis. gud process. good way to start a career

Interview Question – what is mcu   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Microchip Technology in September 2010.

Interview Details – Three rounds of technical interview followed by HR round.
Interviewers were very skilled and posed questions on:
1. entire Synopsys range of tools and usage.
2. Basic timing and design concepts.

Post interview was lunch and the manager kindly invited me to have lunch with him in the cafeteria.
Nice people, good work culture.
It seemed to be an excellent company, which took care of their employees.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Got another offer from another semiconductor giant.
It was very hard to make the decision though.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Microchip Technology

Worked for Microchip Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Microchip Technology Videos

Microchip Technology – Why Work for Us?

Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of microcontroller and analog semiconductors, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microchip Technology Applications Engineer interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Microchip Technology employees and interview candidates.