Microchip Technology Engineer Interview Questions

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microchip Technology in March 2012.

Interview

Initially got an email, set a date and time for a phone interview. The interview was completely technical. Asked basic questions about transistors, difference between NMOS and PMOS, asked about SMPS, Filters, digital logic etc. The overall experience was good. The questions were really basic. If prepared you would easily clear the round. The interviewer was friendly. Was my first interview. I guess I screwed up big time. Anyway, you prepare all your basics properly and you will have a chance!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microchip Technology

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Microchip Technology (Bangalore (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process was quick, probably because my CV was apt for the requirement. The interview process had typical steps i.e telephonic, 1:1 & HR round. The "Open-minded" work culture was projected by the management at all levels of interview, and the same was emphasized to me for following while joining the organization. I felt really good about joining this organization.

Interview Questions

• RC circuit & Analog building blocks analysis.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microchip Technology in August 2010.

Interview

first step: a recruiter called me and gave me a lot of information about microchip technology inc., the job description, and asked me about my skills, my background, my education, my work experience, my current job, my current salary, my desired salary, if I like the job in AZ. then hiring manager called me, we talked about the job. then HR recruiter called me and set up the on-site interview

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microchip Technology in May 2010.

Interview

First interview was conducted at a local university. Prior to the interview (about 2/3 days before), each candidate was given a small Excel-based problem to solve and submit during the actual interview. The problem wasn't hard to solve, but a rough understanding of Excel would definitely help.

During the interview, three interviewers scrutinize your resume and ask a lot of detailed questions about your experience. They also ask a couple of behavioral questions, but not as much as the questions about your experience. The good things are that the interviewers are always honest in their explanations about Microchip and they are willing to answer as much as they could.

The second interview was conducted at one of their campuses. This interview will take up most of the day, from morning to afternoon. Mine ended at 4pm, including a tour of the whole facility. You will be assigned a room to which your interviewers will come and interview you. Each interviewer will have approximately 1 hour with you. In my case, I had 5 slots with different interviewers in each. First, you'll probably be interviewed by the same guys you met in your first interview. The next guys will probably be people higher up in the division you are interviewing for and some of the leads that you'll be working with. They want to make sure that you are the right guy and that everybody is comfortable working with you. The interview questions will revolve very much around your experience again, but this time they will ask you to explain everything in great detail.

The last interviewer will be the HR and this interview will be more relaxed. However, you should come prepared with answers to behavioral questions, because you will get asked a lot of questions about it.

At the end of the day, you'll get a tour around the facility and that's it. Good luck!a

Interview Questions

• Please explain your projects in detail and how you go about solving it.   Answer Question