Microchip Technology Interview Questions in Gresham, OR

Updated Feb 16, 2015

3.2

Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gresham, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microchip Technology (Gresham, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

You must complete three steps before your application will be considered and before you can get an actual interview:

1. A complete, updated registration with WorkSource Oregon.
    2. A National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) minimum Bronze Level.
    3. An Online Integrity Survey.

I made it all the way to a face-to-face interview, but was rejected by corporate as a possible candidate due to white collar felony record. Unfortunately for me, not a felon-tolerant employer. The HR manager wanted to hire me, but again, corporate said no.

In general, my impression is that if you make it all the way to a face-to-face interview you've got the job, unless you botch the interview or have a criminal record. Moral of the story: Don't screw up!

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gresham, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microchip Technology (Gresham, OR) in April 2013.

Interview

I got phone interview from the hiring manager (later I knew this), typical questions about my research work course work related and asked me whether I like the whether here in Gresham OR. what's my plan in the next ten years? this is my first phone interview so kind of nervous. He asks what do I know about Microchip. I answered really bad, because I didn't look through this company yet. The interview was so suddenly. Before its end, he asked for reference. one week later, I was notified for onsite interview next following week. It's 4 hours interview with 11 people totally, coming 2 or 3. different types of work, lithography thin film diffusion wet process. and finally tv remote interview with a manger at Chandler.

Interview Questions

• I didn't prepare very well. The most difficult question would be the technological questions about diffusion. they have one question about how a mechanical clock works. lol   1 Answer

Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gresham, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microchip Technology (Gresham, OR).

Interview

Easy to pass as long someone from inside is recommending you. IF not, I can say easy to go through, but you may fail if you don't have enough "support"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

you'll get the lowest pay possible, but when you have no choice, you will accept it.

Process Engineer- Plasma Etch Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gresham, OR

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Microchip Technology (Gresham, OR) in January 2012.

Interview

They called me and spoke to me very well. I was scheduled for a phone screen 3 days later. During the call, two people talked to me, one was the engineer and the other one was from HR. The engineer asked me basic questions related to the job and the HR just asked me some behavioral questions. I told everything I could tell. The next week they gave me an email saying they are not interested in me anymore.

Interview Questions

• What is Plasma and its properties?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between LED and incandescent light?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gresham, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microchip Technology (Gresham, OR) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone screen was very positiive and upbeat.

Panel interview was difficult and hostile, clear that I did not fit in with what they were looking for

They didn't even give me a chance to make my closing statement (why they should hire me), just showed me the door

Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gresham, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microchip Technology (Gresham, OR) in March 2010.

Interview

The first thing in this process after you submit your resume online is taking the NCRC test at your local work source center (employment office). When you have successfully competed and passed the required sections then HR will call you to set up their interview with you. If you pass their interview then they set up a panel interview consisting of several supervisors from your desired compressed shift.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you persuaded or motivated someone.   Answer Question