Microchip Technology

3.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gresham, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microchip Technology in April 2013.

I got phone interview from the hiring manager (later I knew this), typical questions about my research work course work related and asked me whether I like the whether here in Gresham OR. what's my plan in the next ten years? this is my first phone interview so kind of nervous. He asks what do I know about Microchip. I answered really bad, because I didn't look through this company yet. The interview was so suddenly. Before its end, he asked for reference. one week later, I was notified for onsite interview next following week. It's 4 hours interview with 11 people totally, coming 2 or 3. different types of work, lithography thin film diffusion wet process. and finally tv remote interview with a manger at Chandler.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't prepare very well. The most difficult question would be the technological questions about diffusion. they have one question about how a mechanical clock works. lol   View Answer

Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gresham, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microchip Technology.

Easy to pass as long someone from inside is recommending you. IF not, I can say easy to go through, but you may fail if you don't have enough "support"

Interview Questions
    you'll get the lowest pay possible, but when you have no choice, you will accept it.

Process Engineer- Plasma Etch Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gresham, OR

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Microchip Technology in January 2012.

They called me and spoke to me very well. I was scheduled for a phone screen 3 days later. During the call, two people talked to me, one was the engineer and the other one was from HR. The engineer asked me basic questions related to the job and the HR just asked me some behavioral questions. I told everything I could tell. The next week they gave me an email saying they are not interested in me anymore.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gresham, OR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microchip Technology in June 2011.

Phone screen was very positiive and upbeat.

Panel interview was difficult and hostile, clear that I did not fit in with what they were looking for

They didn't even give me a chance to make my closing statement (why they should hire me), just showed me the door

Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gresham, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microchip Technology in March 2010.

The first thing in this process after you submit your resume online is taking the NCRC test at your local work source center (employment office). When you have successfully competed and passed the required sections then HR will call you to set up their interview with you. If you pass their interview then they set up a panel interview consisting of several supervisors from your desired compressed shift.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you persuaded or motivated someone.   Answer Question