Microchip Technology

Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Gresham, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microchip Technology in April 2013.

Interview Details – I got phone interview from the hiring manager (later I knew this), typical questions about my research work course work related and asked me whether I like the whether here in Gresham OR. what's my plan in the next ten years? this is my first phone interview so kind of nervous. He asks what do I know about Microchip. I answered really bad, because I didn't look through this company yet. The interview was so suddenly. Before its end, he asked for reference. one week later, I was notified for onsite interview next following week. It's 4 hours interview with 11 people totally, coming 2 or 3. different types of work, lithography thin film diffusion wet process. and finally tv remote interview with a manger at Chandler.

Interview Question – I didn't prepare very well. The most difficult question would be the technological questions about diffusion. they have one question about how a mechanical clock works. lol   View Answer

Lead Interview

Gresham, OR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microchip Technology.

Interview Details – Easy to pass as long someone from inside is recommending you. IF not, I can say easy to go through, but you may fail if you don't have enough "support"

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you'll get the lowest pay possible, but when you have no choice, you will accept it.

Process Engineer- Plasma Etch Interview

Gresham, OR

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Microchip Technology in January 2012.

Interview Details – They called me and spoke to me very well. I was scheduled for a phone screen 3 days later. During the call, two people talked to me, one was the engineer and the other one was from HR. The engineer asked me basic questions related to the job and the HR just asked me some behavioral questions. I told everything I could tell. The next week they gave me an email saying they are not interested in me anymore.

Interview Questions

Very Difficult Interview

Production Supervisor Interview

Gresham, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Microchip Technology in June 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screen was very positiive and upbeat.

Panel interview was difficult and hostile, clear that I did not fit in with what they were looking for

They didn't even give me a chance to make my closing statement (why they should hire me), just showed me the door

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Microchip Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Microchip Technology Videos

Microchip Technology – Why Work for Us?

Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of microcontroller and analog semiconductors, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microchip Technology interview questions and advice in Gresham, OR. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Microchip Technology employees and interview candidates.