Microchip Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology.

Interview

I had applied online for the position and was contacted directly, via email, by the hiring manager for setting up a phone interview. During the phone interview questions were asked from the following topics: legal/work authorization questions, basic C/C++ (OOP) questions and questions about my qualifications. I was also asked to rate myself on the technologies required for the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microchip Technology in June 2015.

Interview

It was a 30 minute phone interview asking about my interest in the semiconductor industry. I was asked what my level of experience was using tools like Labview and Matlab. Did I have background knowledge of semiconductors and Op-amps. Have I had experience using real time data setup for bench testing and analysis or if the data analysis was done post data collection after archiving. How does a comparator work? Why do I have a gap in employment?

Interview Questions

• What is your level of experience using Labview and Matlab?   Answer Question

Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Portland, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

some lady came to interview me. she was cute. i answered all her questions. she said i sucked at interviewing and that she would put me through to the second interview and they would be harsh.

Interview Questions

• asked lots of questions about how i would solve problems with people   Answer Question

Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gresham, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Gresham, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

The entire hiring process took 3 weeks... you got to take the NCRC. I believe anyone can get through the interviews. The first one was a very casual one that lasted only 20 minutes. The panel interview took 15. I'm not too good with interviews... I skipped a few questions, but I made it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your hard work influenced someone else.   Answer Question

NCG - Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Standard five hour interview with lunch and hr round. There were five people in the interview team. Both behavioral and technical questions were asked. Prepare your resume well along with job description.

Interview Questions

• Basic Verilog and CMOS digital design Device Physics How to remove hazards related to glitches   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Interview

I was called in for an interview and went through several different 45-60 minute interviews ranging from technical to experiential. It was great but very intensive. They had me go through HR and I answered very basic HR questions and was explained the benefits package. Then I had 6 interviews with different team members in order to assess my capabilities. Overall the interview lasted about 6 hours.

Interview Questions

• a couple interviewers asked me about different op amp circuits they drew and how to explain different voltages, currents, and characteristics.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microchip Technology.

Interview

I got the call through an online application. The process involved three phone interviews and an onsite interview after a week. First round involved interview involved a phone interview with the guide. The second interview was with another digital person. He was basically interested in my tool skills. Then I had a call with the manager. The manager round had few basic questions and he explained my role in the job

Interview Questions

• Basic resume questions. Describe the working of a transistor? CTS process and other logic gate questions. Few behavioral questions. The process was pretty easy   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microchip Technology.

Interview

Extremely long. First interview is 5-6 hours, the second is 3-4 hours. Be prepared. Bring water! Eat before you go! Dress in a suit. Extremely professional cube environment. Group interview and singles with each department. Very friendly people. Not sure they're happy with their jobs because everyone calls it "Micro-cheap" and talks about how they won't invest in any software to help people to their jobs better. Was a red flag for me. I'm not sure why people stay so long (which is what they want) when everyone I met found something negative about the company to tell candidates. It was quite a turn off. Also, if you haven't been at your current job for 5+ years, they won't really take you seriously as a candidate. They're pretty judgmental, so be ready to feel like every little thing you do and say is being scrutinized - because it is.

Hardware Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I received an email regarding the interview after I applied online. It was an easy one to crack. They do not expect you to know a lot for an intern position.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions in VLSI design, digital design and a few high level questions in VLSI   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microchip Technology (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted for 30 mins There was a list of questions in field of circuit design, verilog, and pipeline processor I remembered one question a to draw a latch in gate level. Another was to write a state machine with verilog. Then there was some conceptual questions related to pipeline processor, like throughput. The interview was not difficult.