Microchip Technology Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

Product Engineer Interview

Interview

I was called in for an interview and went through several different 45-60 minute interviews ranging from technical to experiential. It was great but very intensive. They had me go through HR and I answered very basic HR questions and was explained the benefits package. Then I had 6 interviews with different team members in order to assess my capabilities. Overall the interview lasted about 6 hours.

Interview Questions

• a couple interviewers asked me about different op amp circuits they drew and how to explain different voltages, currents, and characteristics.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Microchip Technology.

Interview

I got the call through an online application. The process involved three phone interviews and an onsite interview after a week. First round involved interview involved a phone interview with the guide. The second interview was with another digital person. He was basically interested in my tool skills. Then I had a call with the manager. The manager round had few basic questions and he explained my role in the job

Interview Questions

• Basic resume questions. Describe the working of a transistor? CTS process and other logic gate questions. Few behavioral questions. The process was pretty easy   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Microchip Technology.

Interview

Extremely long. First interview is 5-6 hours, the second is 3-4 hours. Be prepared. Bring water! Eat before you go! Dress in a suit. Extremely professional cube environment. Group interview and singles with each department. Very friendly people. Not sure they're happy with their jobs because everyone calls it "Micro-cheap" and talks about how they won't invest in any software to help people to their jobs better. Was a red flag for me. I'm not sure why people stay so long (which is what they want) when everyone I met found something negative about the company to tell candidates. It was quite a turn off. Also, if you haven't been at your current job for 5+ years, they won't really take you seriously as a candidate. They're pretty judgmental, so be ready to feel like every little thing you do and say is being scrutinized - because it is.

Hardware Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microchip Technology (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I received an email regarding the interview after I applied online. It was an easy one to crack. They do not expect you to know a lot for an intern position.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions in VLSI design, digital design and a few high level questions in VLSI   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microchip Technology (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted for 30 mins
    There was a list of questions in field of circuit design, verilog, and pipeline processor
    I remembered one question a to draw a latch in gate level. Another was to write a state machine with verilog. Then there was some conceptual questions related to pipeline processor, like throughput.

The interview was not difficult.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Microchip Technology in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted the day after I applied by email to request a phone interview later that week. The phone interview question were about half technical and half experiential, such as, "Describe a time when..." Two days passed before I was called in for a panel of interviews, lasting from 9 am to 3 pm. The first interviewer was from HR, and the other 6 were engineers. Most of the technical questions were basic. Three of them asked me to draw a cross-sectional diagram of a MOSFET of various types.

One interviewer asked very detailed questions regarding device physics and system characterization. I recommend studying up on different memory device operations, knowledge gained from C-V plots after burn-in, and how different problems with oxides may be detected.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer showed me a hand drawing of a memory element containing a control gate and a floating gate and asked me to describe how such a device would operate.   1 Answer

Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gresham, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microchip Technology (Gresham, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

You must complete three steps before your application will be considered and before you can get an actual interview:

1. A complete, updated registration with WorkSource Oregon.
    2. A National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) minimum Bronze Level.
    3. An Online Integrity Survey.

I made it all the way to a face-to-face interview, but was rejected by corporate as a possible candidate due to white collar felony record. Unfortunately for me, not a felon-tolerant employer. The HR manager wanted to hire me, but again, corporate said no.

In general, my impression is that if you make it all the way to a face-to-face interview you've got the job, unless you botch the interview or have a criminal record. Moral of the story: Don't screw up!

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Microchip Technology.

Interview

Typical to have initial phone screen followed by in-house interview with 4 to 6 peers. Interviewers will be from various disciplines and possibly from other departments with same discipline as the interview candidate. Some interviewers ask technical questions while other interviews rely merely on what is on the resume. HR will always low ball so be ready to decline. HR uses the typical pressure tactic that you must make a decision in 3 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Typical low ball by HR and then follow up call my hiring manager Toyota things worked out. Then the counter offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Microchip Technology.

Interview

Applied online and then setup a call to talk about my interests and qualifications and then an on site interview. The interview had 4 rounds of 1:1, later HR interview.

Interview Questions

• 4 grilling rounds of interviews and then an HR interview   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Microchip Technology.

Interview

Two people interview me. One was HR and the other was a software engineer. Was basically given a test and the performance or review was based on that. A software and hardware quiz/test was given with about 10 questions. Had to look at schematic to answer hardware questions. Software was all c.

Interview Questions

• A software and hardware quiz/test was given with about 10 questions. Had to look at schematic to answer hardware questions. Software was all c.   Answer Question