Microchip Technology

55 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microchip Technology in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got an email in 2 weeks asking me to schedule a phone interview. First round was on phone with 2 employees. It was very good talking to them. They had a list of questions to be asked and the phone interview took an hour. 2 weeks later they scheduled an onsite interview. This process was very long and took the entire day. Met different people from different teams. Got to know more about the company, the job. I was given a scenario and asked to draw a process flow diagram. There was an aptitude test also which contained a riddle type questions, some questions from SQL and pseudo code to be written. Final round was HR round where I was explained the benefits and they asked me to wait for my results.

Interview Question – There were a number of questions during the onsite interview. They wanted to see how well I am prepared for any scenario.   View Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Chandler, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Microchip Technology in January 2014.

Interview Details – Was approached by a headhunter through Monster. Pretty standard interview process: aced the phone screen, then was flown in to interview.

Was pretty much a gauntlet type of interview, similar to the one stated on Feb 18, 2014. I asked the manager where he wanted to take the project he had pegged for me. He said he was hoping I'd know! So basically I'd be doing his job, and paid much less for it. Bad sign right there!

That, and when they tried to bait me into talking bad about a former employer of mine, was when my brain switched off, and waited for the end to come. HR also let me know that just because it's 40% cheaper to live there, that it's enough justification to try and lowball me by that much.

With recent discriminatory legislation being passed in AZ, I'd stay away from working in this state, and glad they passed me over, cause I'd have turned them down anyways.

Interview Question – Interviewer bad-mouthing a former employer of mine, and see how I'd respond   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Chandler, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Microchip Technology in February 2014.

Interview Details – When an interview starts with a Junior Engineer asking about how to program a linked list on a whiteboard, you know its not going to be a good interview. For 5 hours I was repeatedly grilled on all areas of embedded computing; repeatedly the same questions. I was asked questions that not even the interviewer knew the answers to. Of the 5 people that interrogated me, non were the hiring manager. I was then taken to lunch by the hiring manager and 4 other interviewers. Instead of using the time to learn about me, the person, the hiring manager used this time to ask me things he knew I didn't know; or at least he should of by then from the comments of the others. While I choked down my grilled chicken, the questions got more ridiculous. After 6 hours of interrogation, my brain was numb. When asked about how to debug the registers of kernel core dump after a panic, I surrendered and simply responded with "Good question..."; hoping that the inferiority complex that the Manager had would end.... and it did. They dumped me at the curb in front of HR. No proper good byes exchanged. Good riddance. Even if I would have been offered a position, I would have refused.

Interview Question – Tell me about the negative things on your last performance review.   View Answers (2)

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Puyallup, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Microchip Technology in October 2010.

Interview Details – All day interview with 5 different managers. Was offered job same day.

Interview Question – Explain what to do if you noticed fellow employee breaking company policy   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

RF Analog IC Design Engineer Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Microchip Technology in February 2014.

Interview Details – I got a email from the HR asked me to made an appointment with their manager for phone interview. They ask questions about signal down-conversion, ADC improvement and basic transistor gain calculation. It is very noise in the phone and one could not here clearly. Also, the manager has some accent. Just be patient.

Interview Question – They care more about ADC knowledge. Although the job title is RF design, the manager asked many ADC and mixed signal questions.   Answer Question

NCG Design Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Microchip Technology.

Interview Details – Unscheduled Phone interview, just a couple basic information questions

Interview Question – Asked some project questions, like did I get any bugs during project and how did I overcome.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through other source and interviewed at Microchip Technology.

Interview Details – The interview and hiring process was part of a Merger and not really a formal interview

Interview Question – What do you exactly do here and why should Microchip Keep you as an employee   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – lengthly

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Microchip Technology in September 2010.

Interview Details – I got a phone call with a list of questions to answer. This was not scheduled. Later, I got a call to come on site for day long interview. The interview on the site started with HR interview. It followed by 45 min long interview with 6 people.

Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager Interview

Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Microchip Technology in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen directly with the hiring manager, bypassing the customary HR pre-screen. Good rapport established with hiring manager, and was invited for a face-to-face interview.

The face-to-face interview included some pre-work to complete the online application that is remarkably similar to the online form you have to fill out with their hiring process vendor in order to submit your resume. But, you gotta do what you gotta do. It is quite time-consuming because you have to copy/paste information that is on your resume into their form for each prior job that you have had.

Initial interview was a fairly brief encounter with what seemed to be an overworked HR person. It involved basically submitting the paper application.

2nd interview was with CIO & hiring manager. 3rd interview with with a peer manager to the hiring manager. 4th "interview" was a lunch discussion with the hiring manager. Some inappropriate questions were subtly asked regarding family & non-work life. The 5th step was a paper test with technical questions related to the job. The 6th interview was a panel interview with a large panel of about 10-12 panelists who would be co-workers. The 7th and final part of the interview was an introduction to a take-home assignment to prepare a proposal for a sample scenario.

Interview Question – One of the questions on the written test was non-technical, but a puzzle that required you to determine a seating chart of a group of people, based on a lengthy description of requirements.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Microchip Technology in June 2013.

Interview Details – The company sent me an email the day after I applied online to set a phone interview. one week later, I got an on site interview. There were 5 interviewers. They just asked me general questions, not more complex. But I did not get that intern finally

Interview Question – some questions about semiconductor device theory was asked but I have not learned relative knowledge before   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Microchip Technology

Worked for Microchip Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Microchip Technology Videos

Microchip Technology – Why Work for Us?

Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of microcontroller and analog semiconductors, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microchip Technology interview questions and advice. All 55 interview reviews posted anonymously by Microchip Technology employees and interview candidates.