Microchip Technology

Updated Feb 16, 2015
Updated Feb 16, 2015

2.9

Senior Yield Enhancement Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Microchip Technology in January 2015.

I was contacted the day after I applied by email to request a phone interview later that week. The phone interview question were about half technical and half experiential, such as, "Describe a time when..." Two days passed before I was called in for a panel of interviews, lasting from 9 am to 3 pm. The first interviewer was from HR, and the other 6 were engineers. Most of the technical questions were basic. Three of them asked me to draw a cross-sectional diagram of a MOSFET of various types.

One interviewer asked very detailed questions regarding device physics and system characterization. I recommend studying up on different memory device operations, knowledge gained from C-V plots after burn-in, and how different problems with oxides may be detected.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer showed me a hand drawing of a memory element containing a control gate and a floating gate and asked me to describe how such a device would operate.   View Answer

Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gresham, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Gresham, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microchip Technology in January 2015.

You must complete three steps before your application will be considered and before you can get an actual interview:

1. A complete, updated registration with WorkSource Oregon.
    2. A National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) minimum Bronze Level.
    3. An Online Integrity Survey.

I made it all the way to a face-to-face interview, but was rejected by corporate as a possible candidate due to white collar felony record. Unfortunately for me, not a felon-tolerant employer. The HR manager wanted to hire me, but again, corporate said no.

In general, my impression is that if you make it all the way to a face-to-face interview you've got the job, unless you botch the interview or have a criminal record. Moral of the story: Don't screw up!

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Microchip Technology.

Typical to have initial phone screen followed by in-house interview with 4 to 6 peers. Interviewers will be from various disciplines and possibly from other departments with same discipline as the interview candidate. Some interviewers ask technical questions while other interviews rely merely on what is on the resume. HR will always low ball so be ready to decline. HR uses the typical pressure tactic that you must make a decision in 3 days.

Interview Questions
    Typical low ball by HR and then follow up call my hiring manager Toyota things worked out. Then the counter offer.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Microchip Technology.

Applied online and then setup a call to talk about my interests and qualifications and then an on site interview. The interview had 4 rounds of 1:1, later HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • 4 grilling rounds of interviews and then an HR interview   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Microchip Technology.

Two people interview me. One was HR and the other was a software engineer. Was basically given a test and the performance or review was based on that. A software and hardware quiz/test was given with about 10 questions. Had to look at schematic to answer hardware questions. Software was all c.

Interview Questions
    • A software and hardware quiz/test was given with about 10 questions. Had to look at schematic to answer hardware questions. Software was all c.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microchip Technology in June 2014.

Contacted recruiter through linked in. Got a mail to schedule phone interview. Got a call from manager and the interview lasted for 30 minutes. Was questioned about basic technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Straightforward questions. Questions about microcontrollers, basic verilog questions.   Answer Question

Verification Interview

easy process, no tough question but energy consumed, the indian girl is lovely and easy-going, others friendly and invite me to have a lunch in Mexican Chinese food combo, grateful.

better interview waiting

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microchip Technology in April 2014.

I was attended the career fair set up by microchip at April. Before getting there, I already send my resume to this manager, so at that day after he saw my resume, he briefly went through it and then gave me a quick interview. I was asked 10-15 questions and the interview is about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some details in my resume first and then the manager asked me some basic questions about post silicon test, such as how to select which spec is critical when there are too many specs waiting to test?
      other questions:
      1.SVM
      2.ADC test
      3.microprocessor
      4.block diagram transistor
      5.why testing takes long time?

Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microchip Technology in March 2014.

Applied online. Got an email in 2 weeks asking me to schedule a phone interview. First round was on phone with 2 employees. It was very good talking to them. They had a list of questions to be asked and the phone interview took an hour. 2 weeks later they scheduled an onsite interview. This process was very long and took the entire day. Met different people from different teams. Got to know more about the company, the job. I was given a scenario and asked to draw a process flow diagram. There was an aptitude test also which contained a riddle type questions, some questions from SQL and pseudo code to be written. Final round was HR round where I was explained the benefits and they asked me to wait for my results.

Interview Questions
    • There were a number of questions during the onsite interview. They wanted to see how well I am prepared for any scenario.   View Answer

RF Analog IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microchip Technology in February 2014.

I got a email from the HR asked me to made an appointment with their manager for phone interview. They ask questions about signal down-conversion, ADC improvement and basic transistor gain calculation. It is very noise in the phone and one could not here clearly. Also, the manager has some accent. Just be patient.

Interview Questions
    • They care more about ADC knowledge. Although the job title is RF design, the manager asked many ADC and mixed signal questions.   Answer Question