Microchip Technology Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
68 interviews

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Microchip Technology in April 2014.

I was attended the career fair set up by microchip at April. Before getting there, I already send my resume to this manager, so at that day after he saw my resume, he briefly went through it and then gave me a quick interview. I was asked 10-15 questions and the interview is about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some details in my resume first and then the manager asked me some basic questions about post silicon test, such as how to select which spec is critical when there are too many specs waiting to test?
      other questions:
      1.SVM
      2.ADC test
      3.microprocessor
      4.block diagram transistor
      5.why testing takes long time?
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Microchip Technology.

Applied online and then setup a call to talk about my interests and qualifications and then an on site interview. The interview had 4 rounds of 1:1, later HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • 4 grilling rounds of interviews and then an HR interview   Answer Question

Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gresham, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gresham, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microchip Technology in March 2010.

The first thing in this process after you submit your resume online is taking the NCRC test at your local work source center (employment office). When you have successfully competed and passed the required sections then HR will call you to set up their interview with you. If you pass their interview then they set up a panel interview consisting of several supervisors from your desired compressed shift.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you persuaded or motivated someone.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microchip Technology in June 2014.

Contacted recruiter through linked in. Got a mail to schedule phone interview. Got a call from manager and the interview lasted for 30 minutes. Was questioned about basic technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Straightforward questions. Questions about microcontrollers, basic verilog questions.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Microchip Technology.

Two people interview me. One was HR and the other was a software engineer. Was basically given a test and the performance or review was based on that. A software and hardware quiz/test was given with about 10 questions. Had to look at schematic to answer hardware questions. Software was all c.

Interview Questions
    • A software and hardware quiz/test was given with about 10 questions. Had to look at schematic to answer hardware questions. Software was all c.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microchip Technology in June 2010.

Process can start with phone interview, moving to office interview at location. Interview between 3 to 5 team members is typical. Interview with HR will also be done, discussing salary, benefits, etc. Both technical and non-technical questions will be asked.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was to comment and describe the interviewers.   Answer Question
    Limited salary negations, CEO cutting fixed costs.

Verification Interview

easy process, no tough question but energy consumed, the indian girl is lovely and easy-going, others friendly and invite me to have a lunch in Mexican Chinese food combo, grateful.

better interview waiting

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microchip Technology in March 2014.

Applied online. Got an email in 2 weeks asking me to schedule a phone interview. First round was on phone with 2 employees. It was very good talking to them. They had a list of questions to be asked and the phone interview took an hour. 2 weeks later they scheduled an onsite interview. This process was very long and took the entire day. Met different people from different teams. Got to know more about the company, the job. I was given a scenario and asked to draw a process flow diagram. There was an aptitude test also which contained a riddle type questions, some questions from SQL and pseudo code to be written. Final round was HR round where I was explained the benefits and they asked me to wait for my results.

Interview Questions
    • There were a number of questions during the onsite interview. They wanted to see how well I am prepared for any scenario.   View Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Microchip Technology in January 2014.

Was approached by a headhunter through Monster. Pretty standard interview process: aced the phone screen, then was flown in to interview.

Was pretty much a gauntlet type of interview, similar to the one stated on Feb 18, 2014. I asked the manager where he wanted to take the project he had pegged for me. He said he was hoping I'd know! So basically I'd be doing his job, and paid much less for it. Bad sign right there!

That, and when they tried to bait me into talking bad about a former employer of mine, was when my brain switched off, and waited for the end to come. HR also let me know that just because it's 40% cheaper to live there, that it's enough justification to try and lowball me by that much.

With recent discriminatory legislation being passed in AZ, I'd stay away from working in this state, and glad they passed me over, cause I'd have turned them down anyways.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer bad-mouthing a former employer of mine, and see how I'd respond   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Microchip Technology in February 2014.

When an interview starts with a Junior Engineer asking about how to program a linked list on a whiteboard, you know its not going to be a good interview. For 5 hours I was repeatedly grilled on all areas of embedded computing; repeatedly the same questions. I was asked questions that not even the interviewer knew the answers to. Of the 5 people that interrogated me, non were the hiring manager. I was then taken to lunch by the hiring manager and 4 other interviewers. Instead of using the time to learn about me, the person, the hiring manager used this time to ask me things he knew I didn't know; or at least he should of by then from the comments of the others. While I choked down my grilled chicken, the questions got more ridiculous. After 6 hours of interrogation, my brain was numb. When asked about how to debug the registers of kernel core dump after a panic, I surrendered and simply responded with "Good question..."; hoping that the inferiority complex that the Manager had would end.... and it did. They dumped me at the curb in front of HR. No proper good byes exchanged. Good riddance. Even if I would have been offered a position, I would have refused.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the negative things on your last performance review.   View Answers (2)

Worked for Microchip Technology? Contribute to the Community!