Microchip Technology

Microchip Technology Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

Sales Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Microchip Technology.

The interview and hiring process was part of a Merger and not really a formal interview

Interview Questions
    • What do you exactly do here and why should Microchip Keep you as an employee   Answer Question
    lengthly

Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microchip Technology in October 2013.

Initial phone screen directly with the hiring manager, bypassing the customary HR pre-screen. Good rapport established with hiring manager, and was invited for a face-to-face interview.

The face-to-face interview included some pre-work to complete the online application that is remarkably similar to the online form you have to fill out with their hiring process vendor in order to submit your resume. But, you gotta do what you gotta do. It is quite time-consuming because you have to copy/paste information that is on your resume into their form for each prior job that you have had.

Initial interview was a fairly brief encounter with what seemed to be an overworked HR person. It involved basically submitting the paper application.

2nd interview was with CIO & hiring manager. 3rd interview with with a peer manager to the hiring manager. 4th "interview" was a lunch discussion with the hiring manager. Some inappropriate questions were subtly asked regarding family & non-work life. The 5th step was a paper test with technical questions related to the job. The 6th interview was a panel interview with a large panel of about 10-12 panelists who would be co-workers. The 7th and final part of the interview was an introduction to a take-home assignment to prepare a proposal for a sample scenario.

Interview Questions
    • One of the questions on the written test was non-technical, but a puzzle that required you to determine a seating chart of a group of people, based on a lengthy description of requirements.   Answer Question

CAD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Microchip Technology in July 2013.

Job fair at microchip, submit the resume, HR asked about resume questions.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microchip Technology in June 2013.

The company sent me an email the day after I applied online to set a phone interview. one week later, I got an on site interview. There were 5 interviewers. They just asked me general questions, not more complex. But I did not get that intern finally

Interview Questions
    • some questions about semiconductor device theory was asked but I have not learned relative knowledge before   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gresham, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gresham, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microchip Technology in April 2013.

I got phone interview from the hiring manager (later I knew this), typical questions about my research work course work related and asked me whether I like the whether here in Gresham OR. what's my plan in the next ten years? this is my first phone interview so kind of nervous. He asks what do I know about Microchip. I answered really bad, because I didn't look through this company yet. The interview was so suddenly. Before its end, he asked for reference. one week later, I was notified for onsite interview next following week. It's 4 hours interview with 11 people totally, coming 2 or 3. different types of work, lithography thin film diffusion wet process. and finally tv remote interview with a manger at Chandler.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't prepare very well. The most difficult question would be the technological questions about diffusion. they have one question about how a mechanical clock works. lol   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microchip Technology in April 2013.

I got an email asking me if I am available for internship and asked for convenient dates for interview. Once I replied them, they sent me an email calling for an interview in their Chandler location.

First, I was asked a few basic questions by the HR. This was followed by an interview with a project manager.

The first round with the manager involved questions from my resume. Nothing involving technical knowledge.

The next one was a technical interview. It involved question from OOPS / JAVA / C++ and some logical puzzles.

The third round was another technical interview where I was asked to write code on whiteboard. The question was not very tough though.

I was given the offer the very next day(I got a call from HR, followed by an email with the offer letter).

IC Design Engineer NSG Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microchip Technology.

I just got one email regarding phone interview. Then I gave the phone interview. No decision. I emailed them couple of times but no response.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me questions about my projects and some basic transistor questions.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microchip Technology.

I got a phone interview from them a week ago. He was nice and basically asked me a lot about the projects that I've worked on before. He also asked me several basic questions, like the difference between Moore state machine and Mealy state machine, setup and hold time, how to resolve the metastability state.

Test Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microchip Technology in March 2013.

2 Rounds of Telephone interviews followed by an onsite. Mostly behavioral and critical thinking questions

Interview Questions
    • join numbers 1-9 on your phone keypad with 4 continuous lines   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microchip Technology.

I applied for the position through the company website and got the response within 2 weeks from application. In the first phone interview they told me of their project requirements and briefly asked my academic exposure on their controllers and other. The next stage was an onsite interview with the Manager and Co-worker. Questions on assembly level and C level coding was asked. Some behavioral questions too were asked towards the end.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were asked from the projects i mentioned in my resume. A better understanding of processor and architecture would be required for the position.   Answer Question