Microchip Technology Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ

2.9

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Microchip Technology in April 2014.

I was attended the career fair set up by microchip at April. Before getting there, I already send my resume to this manager, so at that day after he saw my resume, he briefly went through it and then gave me a quick interview. I was asked 10-15 questions and the interview is about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some details in my resume first and then the manager asked me some basic questions about post silicon test, such as how to select which spec is critical when there are too many specs waiting to test?
      other questions:
      1.SVM
      2.ADC test
      3.microprocessor
      4.block diagram transistor
      5.why testing takes long time?
        Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microchip Technology in June 2014.

Contacted recruiter through linked in. Got a mail to schedule phone interview. Got a call from manager and the interview lasted for 30 minutes. Was questioned about basic technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Straightforward questions. Questions about microcontrollers, basic verilog questions.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microchip Technology in June 2010.

Process can start with phone interview, moving to office interview at location. Interview between 3 to 5 team members is typical. Interview with HR will also be done, discussing salary, benefits, etc. Both technical and non-technical questions will be asked.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was to comment and describe the interviewers.   Answer Question
    Limited salary negations, CEO cutting fixed costs.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microchip Technology in March 2014.

Applied online. Got an email in 2 weeks asking me to schedule a phone interview. First round was on phone with 2 employees. It was very good talking to them. They had a list of questions to be asked and the phone interview took an hour. 2 weeks later they scheduled an onsite interview. This process was very long and took the entire day. Met different people from different teams. Got to know more about the company, the job. I was given a scenario and asked to draw a process flow diagram. There was an aptitude test also which contained a riddle type questions, some questions from SQL and pseudo code to be written. Final round was HR round where I was explained the benefits and they asked me to wait for my results.

Interview Questions
    • There were a number of questions during the onsite interview. They wanted to see how well I am prepared for any scenario.   View Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Microchip Technology in January 2014.

Was approached by a headhunter through Monster. Pretty standard interview process: aced the phone screen, then was flown in to interview.

Was pretty much a gauntlet type of interview, similar to the one stated on Feb 18, 2014. I asked the manager where he wanted to take the project he had pegged for me. He said he was hoping I'd know! So basically I'd be doing his job, and paid much less for it. Bad sign right there!

That, and when they tried to bait me into talking bad about a former employer of mine, was when my brain switched off, and waited for the end to come. HR also let me know that just because it's 40% cheaper to live there, that it's enough justification to try and lowball me by that much.

With recent discriminatory legislation being passed in AZ, I'd stay away from working in this state, and glad they passed me over, cause I'd have turned them down anyways.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer bad-mouthing a former employer of mine, and see how I'd respond   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Microchip Technology in February 2014.

When an interview starts with a Junior Engineer asking about how to program a linked list on a whiteboard, you know its not going to be a good interview. For 5 hours I was repeatedly grilled on all areas of embedded computing; repeatedly the same questions. I was asked questions that not even the interviewer knew the answers to. Of the 5 people that interrogated me, non were the hiring manager. I was then taken to lunch by the hiring manager and 4 other interviewers. Instead of using the time to learn about me, the person, the hiring manager used this time to ask me things he knew I didn't know; or at least he should of by then from the comments of the others. While I choked down my grilled chicken, the questions got more ridiculous. After 6 hours of interrogation, my brain was numb. When asked about how to debug the registers of kernel core dump after a panic, I surrendered and simply responded with "Good question..."; hoping that the inferiority complex that the Manager had would end.... and it did. They dumped me at the curb in front of HR. No proper good byes exchanged. Good riddance. Even if I would have been offered a position, I would have refused.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the negative things on your last performance review.   View Answers (2)

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Microchip Technology in September 2010.

I got a phone call with a list of questions to answer. This was not scheduled. Later, I got a call to come on site for day long interview. The interview on the site started with HR interview. It followed by 45 min long interview with 6 people.

Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Microchip Technology in October 2013.

Initial phone screen directly with the hiring manager, bypassing the customary HR pre-screen. Good rapport established with hiring manager, and was invited for a face-to-face interview.

The face-to-face interview included some pre-work to complete the online application that is remarkably similar to the online form you have to fill out with their hiring process vendor in order to submit your resume. But, you gotta do what you gotta do. It is quite time-consuming because you have to copy/paste information that is on your resume into their form for each prior job that you have had.

Initial interview was a fairly brief encounter with what seemed to be an overworked HR person. It involved basically submitting the paper application.

2nd interview was with CIO & hiring manager. 3rd interview with with a peer manager to the hiring manager. 4th "interview" was a lunch discussion with the hiring manager. Some inappropriate questions were subtly asked regarding family & non-work life. The 5th step was a paper test with technical questions related to the job. The 6th interview was a panel interview with a large panel of about 10-12 panelists who would be co-workers. The 7th and final part of the interview was an introduction to a take-home assignment to prepare a proposal for a sample scenario.

Interview Questions
    • One of the questions on the written test was non-technical, but a puzzle that required you to determine a seating chart of a group of people, based on a lengthy description of requirements.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Microchip Technology in June 2013.

The company sent me an email the day after I applied online to set a phone interview. one week later, I got an on site interview. There were 5 interviewers. They just asked me general questions, not more complex. But I did not get that intern finally

Interview Questions
    • some questions about semiconductor device theory was asked but I have not learned relative knowledge before   Answer Question

CAD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Microchip Technology in July 2013.

Job fair at microchip, submit the resume, HR asked about resume questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for Microchip Technology? Contribute to the Community!