Microdesk

Relevance Date Difficulty

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Corporate Recruiter
Nashua, NH

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microdesk in December 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 7 people of various levels. I was a relaxed interviewed process set up over a couple of weeks... question were obviously focused on issues they had with the previous person in the position. some was done in person and some via Video conferences. The offer didn't take long to follow.

Interview Question – There really wasn't a particular question that surprised me or was difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – both salary and vacation

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

Interviewed at Microdesk

Interview Details – I had multiple interviews with various leaders in the company. They were all straight forward although they probably overstated the opportunity in the marketplace. It was all done very quickly and I was not held waiing for a great deal of time. Each of the people that I spoke with seemed to have a different ideea of what the requirements for the job were.

Interview Question – There was nothing that I was aked out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was nothing out of the ordinary

Civil Solutions Specialist Interview

Civil Solutions Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Microdesk.

Interview Details – The interview process took months. You would have thought I was applying for a CEO position. Email inquiries about the status of interviews often went ignored. Finally, many months and three interviews later, I was told they were going in a different direction. I'm not upset they didn't hire me- it's their prerogative and I've seen what people who worked for the company have posted about their experience working there- but it was most unprofessional to make me wait so long for an answer.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Microdesk in January 2011.

Interview Details – I went through a 4 stage interview process and many red flags went off in my head. The person I interviewed with seems to generalize everything and could not answer any specific details or let me speak with any of the successful people they claimed to have be there.

Interview Question – Give me your elevator speech.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had a better offer and chose not to go work for a private employer who seemed to go through a lot of turn over.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Solutions Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microdesk in July 2013.

Interview Details – I sent an email to the HR manager responsible for the post and got contacted the same day. Set up a telephone interview a few days later with HR. Then had an interview a few days later with the VP of professional services, and then with the VP of consulting services.

Interview Question – The questions weren't difficult. Just need to be able to state clearly how your experience will best fit their needs.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Microdesk in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by a recruiter after i submitted an online app. We spoke for 20 minutes and, as usual, it sounded like the best place on earth to work. The next step was a phone interview with a regional sales VP. I spoke with him for about 1/2 hour. He reeked of micro management., complete with meetings galore, product training, sales training, and a weekly conference call every monday from 5-6pm.

We spoke of the actual job and my relevant work experience. However, re-selling other companies products does not require a great wealth of experience, considering clients already know what they want, or are just renewing their service agreements.

We parted friends. The next morning, I contacted the recruiter and declined any further interest.

Interview Question – Are you fmailiar with the porducts we sell?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – This position is for someone who is relatively new to sales. Microdesk is just a reseller of Oracle and Autodesk solutions, so the technical requirements are not very demanding. The position also had every indication of a micromanagment sales philosophy. Overall, it looked like just another boilershop workplace. If your looking for an entry to technology sales, your better off with a company like CDW than Microdesk; a much broader selction of products and services. And finally, they are located in Philadelphia were you are subject to the 4.5% wage tax.

Worked for Microdesk? Contribute to the Community!