Microdesk Interview Questions

2.7

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microdesk in January 2014.

I was first contacted by hiring staff, who then set up a phone interview with manager. The face to face interview went very smooth and to the point. Skills were tested with credible and relevant software. Very professional questions and attitude. Made me feel comfortable and relaxed about the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't! Just make sure you don't lie because even if you don't know, they train you for what they need you to do if you are a good candidate   Answer Question
    It was as reasonable as could be...I was pleased!

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microdesk in December 2013.

I interviewed with 7 people of various levels. I was a relaxed interviewed process set up over a couple of weeks... question were obviously focused on issues they had with the previous person in the position. some was done in person and some via Video conferences. The offer didn't take long to follow.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a particular question that surprised me or was difficult   Answer Question
    both salary and vacation

Account Executive Interview

I had multiple interviews with various leaders in the company. They were all straight forward although they probably overstated the opportunity in the marketplace. It was all done very quickly and I was not held waiing for a great deal of time. Each of the people that I spoke with seemed to have a different ideea of what the requirements for the job were.

Interview Questions
    There was nothing out of the ordinary

Civil Solutions Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Microdesk.

The interview process took months. You would have thought I was applying for a CEO position. Email inquiries about the status of interviews often went ignored. Finally, many months and three interviews later, I was told they were going in a different direction. I'm not upset they didn't hire me- it's their prerogative and I've seen what people who worked for the company have posted about their experience working there- but it was most unprofessional to make me wait so long for an answer.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Microdesk in January 2011.

I went through a 4 stage interview process and many red flags went off in my head. The person I interviewed with seems to generalize everything and could not answer any specific details or let me speak with any of the successful people they claimed to have be there.

Interview Questions

Had a better offer and chose not to go work for a private employer who seemed to go through a lot of turn over.

Solutions Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microdesk in July 2013.

I sent an email to the HR manager responsible for the post and got contacted the same day. Set up a telephone interview a few days later with HR. Then had an interview a few days later with the VP of professional services, and then with the VP of consulting services.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult. Just need to be able to state clearly how your experience will best fit their needs.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Microdesk in February 2012.

I was first contacted by a recruiter after i submitted an online app. We spoke for 20 minutes and, as usual, it sounded like the best place on earth to work. The next step was a phone interview with a regional sales VP. I spoke with him for about 1/2 hour. He reeked of micro management., complete with meetings galore, product training, sales training, and a weekly conference call every monday from 5-6pm.

We spoke of the actual job and my relevant work experience. However, re-selling other companies products does not require a great wealth of experience, considering clients already know what they want, or are just renewing their service agreements.

We parted friends. The next morning, I contacted the recruiter and declined any further interest.

Interview Questions
    • Are you fmailiar with the porducts we sell?   View Answer

This position is for someone who is relatively new to sales. Microdesk is just a reseller of Oracle and Autodesk solutions, so the technical requirements are not very demanding. The position also had every indication of a micromanagment sales philosophy. Overall, it looked like just another boilershop workplace. If your looking for an entry to technology sales, your better off with a company like CDW than Microdesk; a much broader selction of products and services. And finally, they are located in Philadelphia were you are subject to the 4.5% wage tax.