Micron Technology

Updated Sep 29, 2014

4.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Characterization Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology.

This was my first interview with the company and it was a grueling 50 minute phone screen. My interviewer asked me around 8 technical questions, all about CMOS processing concepts. He invited me to share as much detail as possible, which threw me off a bit. The interview was long and a bit exhausting but he seemed pleased at my attempts to answer his questions. I got invited for a second phone interview.

Interview Questions
  • Discuss as many design considerations as you can related to MOSFET scaling, specifically short-channel effects. Whenever I mentioned a short-channel effect, he'd probe me on the physics behind it. Wanted as technical an explanation as I could provide on the phone.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Micron Technology

Characterization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in April 2011.

I met a recruiter at my University (engineer supervisor) and we had a 30 minute interview the next day. I was asked very technical questions mostly about semi-conductor physics. Several weeks later I was asked to come to their campus in Boise for a full day of interviews. I went through about six 40 minute interviews from various people in the department. Test questions ranged from debugging code to circuit analysis to transistor physics. I was given an offer at the very end of the day.

Interview Questions
    There is a base salary that is offered to university recruits. I was told there is no negotiation for new grads. I asked around once I started working and this is what others were told too. It was a pretty good offer though, better than anything anyone else gave me. I wouldn't have asked for more.