Micron Technology

Micron Technology Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Micron Technology in April 2011.

This was an initial interview from a gentleman from Boise, ID. He came to our University and set up appointments for interviews the next day. I came and was given a 45 minute skills test that went well. He also did a presentation the day before, in the evening. I enjoyed his personality and explanations. The only trouble I have is the recent layoffs I have heard about. Though I've also heard they're loyal to employees. Good location and interesting projects.

Interview Questions
  • What is the capacitance at this point where it showed only two capacitors and a switch. The guy gave me q=cv, i think, but the question was ambiguous.   View Answers (3)

Other Interview Reviews for Micron Technology

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology in November 2010.

I had an interview the day after a career fair at my university. I was invited for an on-site interview a month later in Boise, ID. Micron paid for the trip for my wife and myself for three days which was really impressive. The interview lasted ~ 5hrs and consisted of 7 - 1:1 interviews with HR and multiple employees in different departments. They all seemed to enjoy their job and Micron. Most of the engineers that I interviewed with had been with Micron for 10+ years.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the question were MOSFET or semiconductor related.
      -Sketch and explain an N-channel MOSFET
      -Signal delay through a gate
      -Behavioral related questions

Answer Question
    • Micro/Nano fabrication processes
      - what is the limit in optical lithography
      - how can you change the (Vt) in a MOSFET
      - what are the effects of "hot carriers" is a MOSFET

Answer Question
    I didn't really need to negotiate. The offer was well within what I was expecting. I would do your research for a salary range before going into the interview. This was one of the initial questions asked. As long as you present them with something reasonable, things will go your way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in March 2009.

initial inverview on university campus (career fair) resulted in a follow up, on-site interview at Micron. The interview was a full day. The morning was all one on one interviews, one with HR employee and the others with engineers and managers that I would work with. Each interview lasted about 1/2 hr to an hour and there were about 5 of them. Most of them were not too technical as they knew I had no specific experience to the position I would apply for, but they asked technical questions about previous projects or research I had done in school or internship. When I thought I would get a short break at lunch, they asked me more questions while I was eating! That was really the only part of the interview that I did not like. The afternoon was more interviewing similar to those in the morning, probably 4 more interviews. I recieved an offer by phone after I had returned home (out of state).

Interview Questions
    I was naive coming out of school and was just happy to have a job. I do not know what you might be able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology in February 2007.

Interviewed by every member of the team, then the team leader and finally the manager. Some interviewers were asking technical questions, some asked general questions, very interesting. Everyone was very knowledgeable, the interviews were tehcnical, not very difficult.

Interview Questions

By the time I was given the offer, I already started working for a different company.

Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Micron Technology in March 2013.

interview was fine not difficult at all, just overvieew question about your carrier

just give my expectation salary and they give what i expected.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology.

HR contacts on Friday and asks to attend interview on Saturday. So quite less time to prepare anything. Its not a problem. They are looking for people who mingle well with others, keep their cool, committed to working long hours and/or weekends. Basic Semiconductor and DRAM, NAND FLASH knowledge is a plus point.

Interview Questions
    Took the job as a fresh grad. fixed offer with no negotiations.

Engineer Interview

Had a phone interview with HR.said that they needed someone immediatly.. Did'nt get the phone interview after that.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology.

Once you get through with the CV and the typical letters required. HR would give you a call. And send you an email. The initial interviews typically is between 2 or 3 rounds. Normally the first round is with the immediate supervisors (section manager) and the final rounds with the directors. Generally, a good understanding of your job requirements and a good prior experience would put you in more favorable grounds.

Interview Questions
    Pretty easy negotiations. And salary is comparable to industrial standards.

Engineering Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in April 2012.

Overall, a solid interview consisted of meeting with three separate panels for about an hour each. Asked a combination of job related and ethical questions. The interview went well and the panels seemed to be well practiced with the interviewing process. Received offer a few days following interview.

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology in February 2012.

After meeting at a career fair at school they called me late that night for an interview the next day. I came not prepared to be tested technically and felt like I was put on the spot. I didnt get everything right on the exam but the interviewer seemed not to be too hard on me. He could tell I knew what I was talking about even tho I needed a refresher on some subjects. He asked me about the company and how I felt about Idaho. The job would be most likely there. After shaking hands he gave me a flash drive and I was out the door. I currently waiting for a call back. Not too confident as they were interviewing people all day.

Interview Questions
    • How to solve a logic problem using certain gates.   View Answer