Micron Technology

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boise, ID

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in March 2009.

Interview Details – initial inverview on university campus (career fair) resulted in a follow up, on-site interview at Micron. The interview was a full day. The morning was all one on one interviews, one with HR employee and the others with engineers and managers that I would work with. Each interview lasted about 1/2 hr to an hour and there were about 5 of them. Most of them were not too technical as they knew I had no specific experience to the position I would apply for, but they asked technical questions about previous projects or research I had done in school or internship. When I thought I would get a short break at lunch, they asked me more questions while I was eating! That was really the only part of the interview that I did not like. The afternoon was more interviewing similar to those in the morning, probably 4 more interviews. I recieved an offer by phone after I had returned home (out of state).

Interview Question – How do you feel about over time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was naive coming out of school and was just happy to have a job. I do not know what you might be able to negotiate.

Boise, ID

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Micron Technology in April 2011.

Interview Details – This was an initial interview from a gentleman from Boise, ID. He came to our University and set up appointments for interviews the next day. I came and was given a 45 minute skills test that went well. He also did a presentation the day before, in the evening. I enjoyed his personality and explanations. The only trouble I have is the recent layoffs I have heard about. Though I've also heard they're loyal to employees. Good location and interesting projects.

Interview Question – What is the capacitance at this point where it showed only two capacitors and a switch. The guy gave me q=cv, i think, but the question was ambiguous.   View Answers (3)

Boise, ID

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology in November 2010.

Interview Details – I had an interview the day after a career fair at my university. I was invited for an on-site interview a month later in Boise, ID. Micron paid for the trip for my wife and myself for three days which was really impressive. The interview lasted ~ 5hrs and consisted of 7 - 1:1 interviews with HR and multiple employees in different departments. They all seemed to enjoy their job and Micron. Most of the engineers that I interviewed with had been with Micron for 10+ years.

Interview Questions

• Most of the question were MOSFET or semiconductor related.
    -Sketch and explain an N-channel MOSFET
    -Signal delay through a gate
    -Behavioral related questions
      Answer Question
  • Micro/Nano fabrication processes
    - what is the limit in optical lithography
    - how can you change the (Vt) in a MOSFET
    - what are the effects of "hot carriers" is a MOSFET
      Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't really need to negotiate. The offer was well within what I was expecting. I would do your research for a salary range before going into the interview. This was one of the initial questions asked. As long as you present them with something reasonable, things will go your way.

Boise, ID

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology in February 2007.

Interview Details – Interviewed by every member of the team, then the team leader and finally the manager. Some interviewers were asking technical questions, some asked general questions, very interesting. Everyone was very knowledgeable, the interviews were tehcnical, not very difficult.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – By the time I was given the offer, I already started working for a different company.

Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Micron Technology in March 2013.

Interview Details – interview was fine not difficult at all, just overvieew question about your carrier

Negotiation Details – just give my expectation salary and they give what i expected.

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview Details – HR contacts on Friday and asks to attend interview on Saturday. So quite less time to prepare anything. Its not a problem. They are looking for people who mingle well with others, keep their cool, committed to working long hours and/or weekends. Basic Semiconductor and DRAM, NAND FLASH knowledge is a plus point.

Interview Question – none. standard interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took the job as a fresh grad. fixed offer with no negotiations.

Interviewed at Micron Technology

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with HR.said that they needed someone immediatly.. Did'nt get the phone interview after that.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview Details – Once you get through with the CV and the typical letters required. HR would give you a call. And send you an email. The initial interviews typically is between 2 or 3 rounds. Normally the first round is with the immediate supervisors (section manager) and the final rounds with the directors. Generally, a good understanding of your job requirements and a good prior experience would put you in more favorable grounds.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty easy negotiations. And salary is comparable to industrial standards.

Engineering Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in April 2012.

Interview Details – Overall, a solid interview consisted of meeting with three separate panels for about an hour each. Asked a combination of job related and ethical questions. The interview went well and the panels seemed to be well practiced with the interviewing process. Received offer a few days following interview.

Interview Question – Ethical and job related questions   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology in January 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview Questions:
1) Semiconductor basics
2) PN junction
3) BJT/MOSFET operation
4) Fabrication theory

Interview Question – What are the advantage and disadvantages of MOSFET, BJT?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Micron Technology

Worked for Micron Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Micron Technology Engineering interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Micron Technology employees and interview candidates.