Micron Technology Engineering Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in April 2011.

Interview

This was an initial interview from a gentleman from Boise, ID. He came to our University and set up appointments for interviews the next day. I came and was given a 45 minute skills test that went well. He also did a presentation the day before, in the evening. I enjoyed his personality and explanations. The only trouble I have is the recent layoffs I have heard about. Though I've also heard they're loyal to employees. Good location and interesting projects.

Interview Questions

• What is the capacitance at this point where it showed only two capacitors and a switch. The guy gave me q=cv, i think, but the question was ambiguous.   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Micron Technology

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in November 2010.

Interview

I had an interview the day after a career fair at my university. I was invited for an on-site interview a month later in Boise, ID. Micron paid for the trip for my wife and myself for three days which was really impressive. The interview lasted ~ 5hrs and consisted of 7 - 1:1 interviews with HR and multiple employees in different departments. They all seemed to enjoy their job and Micron. Most of the engineers that I interviewed with had been with Micron for 10+ years.

Interview Questions

• Most of the question were MOSFET or semiconductor related. -Sketch and explain an N-channel MOSFET -Signal delay through a gate -Behavioral related questions   Answer Question
    • Micro/Nano fabrication processes - what is the limit in optical lithography - how can you change the (Vt) in a MOSFET - what are the effects of "hot carriers" is a MOSFET   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really need to negotiate. The offer was well within what I was expecting. I would do your research for a salary range before going into the interview. This was one of the initial questions asked. As long as you present them with something reasonable, things will go your way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in March 2009.

Interview

initial inverview on university campus (career fair) resulted in a follow up, on-site interview at Micron. The interview was a full day. The morning was all one on one interviews, one with HR employee and the others with engineers and managers that I would work with. Each interview lasted about 1/2 hr to an hour and there were about 5 of them. Most of them were not too technical as they knew I had no specific experience to the position I would apply for, but they asked technical questions about previous projects or research I had done in school or internship. When I thought I would get a short break at lunch, they asked me more questions while I was eating! That was really the only part of the interview that I did not like. The afternoon was more interviewing similar to those in the morning, probably 4 more interviews. I recieved an offer by phone after I had returned home (out of state).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was naive coming out of school and was just happy to have a job. I do not know what you might be able to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in February 2007.

Interview

Interviewed by every member of the team, then the team leader and finally the manager. Some interviewers were asking technical questions, some asked general questions, very interesting. Everyone was very knowledgeable, the interviews were tehcnical, not very difficult.

Interview Questions

• What happens to a penny when you put it in ketchup?   3 Answers
    • Why are manhole covers round?   5 Answers

By the time I was given the offer, I already started working for a different company.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

Applied online. Received interview invitation from HR to interview. Asked about academic performance, other related to my CV & general questions. How would I be relevant to the job and what can I contribute, despite not being a perfect match. Asked what I knew about Micron's background in Singapore, what I know about the semiconductor device fabrication process. Then how the job plays a part in the whole process. Outlined a lot of differences between written job description and actual job scope in a day's work.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the current declining job market for engineering fresh graduates of your major? And what would you do?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Micron Technology in March 2013.

Interview

interview was fine not difficult at all, just overvieew question about your carrier

Negotiation

just give my expectation salary and they give what i expected.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

HR contacts on Friday and asks to attend interview on Saturday. So quite less time to prepare anything. Its not a problem. They are looking for people who mingle well with others, keep their cool, committed to working long hours and/or weekends. Basic Semiconductor and DRAM, NAND FLASH knowledge is a plus point.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Took the job as a fresh grad. fixed offer with no negotiations.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR.said that they needed someone immediatly.. Did'nt get the phone interview after that.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Once you get through with the CV and the typical letters required. HR would give you a call. And send you an email. The initial interviews typically is between 2 or 3 rounds. Normally the first round is with the immediate supervisors (section manager) and the final rounds with the directors. Generally, a good understanding of your job requirements and a good prior experience would put you in more favorable grounds.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty easy negotiations. And salary is comparable to industrial standards.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in April 2012.

Interview

Overall, a solid interview consisted of meeting with three separate panels for about an hour each. Asked a combination of job related and ethical questions. The interview went well and the panels seemed to be well practiced with the interviewing process. Received offer a few days following interview.