Micron Technology Equipment Technician Interview Questions & Reviews

5 interviews

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Equipment Technician Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview with about 4 to 5 managers. Various questions related to the positions. Different scenarios dealing with tech and maintenance. Have to describe circuits drawings. Have to know about pumps and vacuum systems.

Other Interview Reviews for Micron Technology

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in October 2011.

Phone interview first, then on site with different area management, offer made by mail.

Interview Questions
    • All basic interview questions, explain how you would troubleshoot a process out of control as an equipment tech.   Answer Question
    None, this it what we offer take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manassas, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in March 2011.

Phone screening interview with HR. Phone interview with section leader. Site visit with interviews with 4 engineers and a hiring manager. They seemed to be looking for someone that was looking for team work t/s and someone that would handle a team member that wasn't pulling their weight. After the Engineers interviewed we went on a quick tour of the fabrication site.

Interview Questions
    • What makes up a Semi Conductor?   View Answers (2)
    • How would you deal with a team mate who was not pulling their weight.
      I was asked this question by at least 3 different people during the interview
        Answer Question
    Accepted offer. It was more then I was expecting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manassas, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Micron Technology in April 2008.

1 phone interview, 1 with HR, 1 with department head, 1 with shift lead, 1 with equipment engineering lead, 1 with process owner.

No advice to give, it's difficult to describe the interviews, basically just be ready to talk about how you would fix their equipment when it breaks. For example, figure out what is broken, determine it is broken, order new one.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a broken heater element, how would you know   View Answer
    No. I gave a range, they offered me a job very soon after, they choose the bottom of the range.

Consider that your rent will be >$1,000, so the offer better be good, or this should be a stepping stone job.

Equipment Technician Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology in September 2008.

Basic technical questions that were pretty lame. Anyone who even took some high school technical classes could have passed the interview. It was way too easy and they offered me the job on the spot before I even left the site. I thought it was a decent offer, but after 4 years of no pay increases I found out otherwise.

Interview Questions
    • They drew a simple chemical recirc loop and asked what would cause the flow to slow down.   View Answer
    No real negotiation, offer was made at end of day and i took it because I had no other offers

Worked for Micron Technology? Contribute to the Community!