Micron Technology

Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Field Applications Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in July 2009.

Interview Details – Initially i was contacted by the HR department of the company directly. I had 3 rounds of interview, first round is with the direct hiring manager, who asked me what I did before, tested me some basic engineering problem-solving questions, and then asking me about my working style and personality stuff. Then I got into the second round, which is to have a telecon interview with the team members around the places (back then the team who work with me are all over at the different places) to understand the working atomosphere and let the team understands me a bit more - not much technical questions during this stage. Finally, I am interviewing on-site again with the higher executive team, with some directors, VPs, who wants to understand my background and experiences. Then I got hired after all 3 rounds.

Interview Question – There isn't much difficult questions to answer, some technical questions just to understand my ability as a technical person.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I actually got a salary increase from my original offer, I think this is due to company's policy to offer the right salary based on the experience and skills - I was very satisfied because this company is providing the honest offer than others.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Micron Technology

Worked for Micron Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Micron Technology Field Applications Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Micron Technology employees and interview candidates.