Micron Technology

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.9

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Micron Technology.

I had an on-sight interview here at my university. The interview was technical, with questions pertaining to the type of work, and my own research. The second interview was over the phone and was more for HR, with questions mostly focusing on what I knew about the company, so make sure to know a little about their history and current status, but mostly about where they plan to go in the future (i.e. new technology). The third interview was a conference call with 3 engineers. It was mostly technical again with questions about the technology pertaining to the position, but they were questions mostly about my research. I wasn't an expert in the technology since I have been working with it less than 1 year, so there were questions I didn't know the answer to.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the exact wording, but it was something along the lines of "Give an example of when you made a suggestion to the project that made a big/good impact."   View Answer

Process Engineer Interview

easy and smooth. all about basic questions and interviewees are not friendly (consider this is an opening for new grad). There are 7 people interviewed me with 30 mins/each. It was a full day interview.

Summer Computing Interview

Met once and got asked many technical questions about programming and database knowledge. He was very friendly. They seemed to care more about deeper level understanding rather than the specific puzzle solving crap that some companies do.

Other offers.

R&D Yield Enhancement Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Micron Technology.

Applied online and met at a college career fair. Unsure of which got me the phone interview. Was emailed to set up a preliminary interview at a time that worked for me. Was awkwardly called an hour earlier than scheduled (their mistake not mine) and had to have them call back at the scheduled time since I was in class. I was asked simple questions, my strengths and weaknesses, why I wanted to work at Micron, etc.

Interview Questions
    I was offered two more interviews that I have yet to go through as of the time of writing

Product Engineer Interview

Attended an information session on campus and talked with them during a career fair. They called me a week and a half later to set a phone interview. Phone interview was with three engineers. They went over what their part of the company does and then went over my resume. They asked me about my education and work experience and how it related to Micron. They then sent me two files for technical questions. The first was a simple c program that printed out different types of data with pointers. I went through it and explained what each statement printed out. When I wasn't sure they helped point me in the right direction. The second file was about different transistor setups and what their truth tables were. I understood the first question because it was a plain circuit, but didn't understand(until later) the second because it was more of a physical layout. They then asked if I had any questions and thanked me for the interview. They were very nice and helped me understand the things I wasn't sure about. This was my first technical interview and I learned a lot from it.

Interview Questions
    • Asking about a transistor set up that wasn't like anything I had seen before.   View Answer

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology.

Had a phone interview for an unrelated position that ended up being filled by a local candidate. However, my interviewer was impressed and added his recommendation to my profile. I was then contacted some time later about another position I had applied for, and in short order was scheduled for an in-person interview (skipped the phone interview this time). Got flown out to HQ and interviewed individually with several engineers and the manager over about 5 hours. Was given a short tour of the facility at the conclusion. Received a call the next day while waiting for a connection flight home with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Broad ranging questions about PERL, semiconductor physics, transistors, behavioral stuff. Gets harder until you fail so they can see how you react to not knowing the answer.   Answer Question

Had another offer waiting at home. Decided to stay close. Micron was *very* competitive with their offer though...

Diffusion Interview

The company visited the college for the career fair and like others I handed my resume and introduced myself and also mentioned about my application to diffusion intern position.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me to explain about MOSFET working and also asked me about problems which industry is facing in recent technology   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Micron Technology.

First Round: Phone Interview with HR
    Second Round: Direct Supervisor
    Third Round: Line Director
    The first round interview lasted for about 45 minutes including questions regarding the job description, what makes me qualified etc.
    Round two is more specific, where scenarios were proposed and possible solutions and recommendations are given. Overall the experience was good, the people were nice and professional. Some questions were tough, specifically, they asked for implementation details, i.e. the steps it requires to implement a recommendation that was suggested.

Backend Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology.

There were three rounds of interview.

1st round was slightly technical and more about understanding and getting to know your resume.

2nd round was with a senior manager, this was more of explaining your contribution as a team member in various projects according to your resume.

3rd round was with the Director, this was more of a attitude check, just like checking whether you will be a good fit for the team. The Director also asked some scenario based questions.

Interview Questions
    Freshers with less than 3 years experience cannot negotiate the salary.

Characterization Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology.

This was my first interview with the company and it was a grueling 50 minute phone screen. My interviewer asked me around 8 technical questions, all about CMOS processing concepts. He invited me to share as much detail as possible, which threw me off a bit. The interview was long and a bit exhausting but he seemed pleased at my attempts to answer his questions. I got invited for a second phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss as many design considerations as you can related to MOSFET scaling, specifically short-channel effects. Whenever I mentioned a short-channel effect, he'd probe me on the physics behind it. Wanted as technical an explanation as I could provide on the phone.   Answer Question