Micron Technology Interview Questions & Reviews

191 interviews

Demand Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boise, ID
    Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I interviewed online - interviewed at Micron Technology.

Initial interview by HR was longer than expected. She asked lots of behavior questions on the first phone call but nothing hard. HR was very accommodating to people who hunts job on job.

Process Engineer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Micron Technology.

They generally asked a couple of introductory questions, then transitioned to technical questions
    Introductory questions involved : Open to relocation, Why interested in this position, very conventional
    Technical Questions included: Why is salt not allowed in cleanroom, how does SEM work, questions about SPC, Six Sigma, process control charts, Short channel effects in MOSFETS.

Interview Questions
    • I had trouble with most of the statistical process control questions, since I've had no prior experience. I frankly did not expect those questions   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in February 2011.

Ask too many technical questions that I don't know in the areas that are not related in the sense that to test your general knowledge and smartness and creative thinking skills. Also they do ask how you solve the problem and how you approach to solve the problem.

Not that hard.

Nand Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boise, ID
    Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in April 2014.

I was called for an initial interview. Later that same day I got an email from them wanting additional information so they could fly me out the next week for an onsite interview.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Micron Technology in November 2010.

I was interviewed over the phone by the hiring manager, then asked to come in and talk to about 5 different people. Oddly I had lunch with another candidate along with the hiring manager (a bit weird). I was offered a job within a week. Following this process and my acceptance of the job, the company underwent significant organizational changes including being purchased (Numonyx) in 2011. I have since left the company.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated with their recruiter but felt the salary they eventually offered was fair so I took it.

Human Resources Intern Interview

applied to position, interviewed with a panel of three people, then was made an offer, did not negotiate pay as it was reasonable and what I had expected. They were concerned with my Human Resource Knowledge and my aptitude and work ethic.

Interview Questions
    • What's difference in working HR in smaller vs larger companies   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I was contacted by the company and had a phone interview of about 30 minutes, only one "technical" question but still very easy. I was then contacted for an onsite interview that involved meeting with people at different levels of the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected really.   View Answer

Equipment Technician Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview with about 4 to 5 managers. Various questions related to the positions. Different scenarios dealing with tech and maintenance. Have to describe circuits drawings. Have to know about pumps and vacuum systems.

Intern SSD Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I interviewed online - interviewed at Micron Technology in March 2014.

Submitted application through their website, sent copy to a friend who works there and he told me it should be 2 pages and highlight the projects I had worked on in school (i.e. special projects, class projects, etc...). So I redrafted my resume as my friend suggested and he turned it in to Human Resources for me. a couple weeks later I was notified by email I would be having a phone interview. I studied up on digital logic, microelectronics and did a little research on NAND Flash memory technology prior to the interview. Tne interviewer never once had to ask me questions like why I wanted to work at Micron, why I would be a good fit there, how and when I had shown initiative in the past, or any of the usual interview questions of that type because I took every opportunity to sell myself by telling the interviewer these things without being prompted. The only technical questions I was asked where specific to NAND Flash memory, the thing I spent the least time studying, but I was able to reason out answers to questions I did not really know the answers to and never once said, 'I don't know'. I didn't really feel the interview went as well as it could have, but I guess I did alright because two weeks later I got an offer letter and will work 13 weeks this summer.

Interview Questions
    • Why does a NAND memory cell have a finite number of write/erase cycles?   View Answer
    No negotiation, they send you an offer letter that says what the wage is that they are offering, and since that seemed pretty generous for a Junior in college, and they were offering $600/month housing, I didn't attempt to negotiate further.

Director Design Engineering Interview

Very informal interview process. I was asked into a conference room. I spoke to 3 interviewers for 45 minutes each. After that I was introduced to the Vice President of the group. He talked to me at length about my past experience and specifically about a project I had done in the past. he told me what project he had in mind and solicited ideas around his project idea. he asked me if I would be interested in heading up the program he had in mind, to which I replied in the affirmative.

Interview Questions

Worked for Micron Technology? Contribute to the Community!