Micron Technology

Relevance Date Difficulty

Nand Product Engineer Interview

Nand Product Engineer
Boise, ID

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was called for an initial interview. Later that same day I got an email from them wanting additional information so they could fly me out the next week for an onsite interview.

Interview Question – Create a XOR gate with only 4 NAND gates   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Folsom, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Micron Technology in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed over the phone by the hiring manager, then asked to come in and talk to about 5 different people. Oddly I had lunch with another candidate along with the hiring manager (a bit weird). I was offered a job within a week. Following this process and my acceptance of the job, the company underwent significant organizational changes including being purchased (Numonyx) in 2011. I have since left the company.

Interview Question – What do you do when a co-worker relationship sours?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated with their recruiter but felt the salary they eventually offered was fair so I took it.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern

Interviewed at Micron Technology

Interview Details – applied to position, interviewed with a panel of three people, then was made an offer, did not negotiate pay as it was reasonable and what I had expected. They were concerned with my Human Resource Knowledge and my aptitude and work ethic.

Interview Question – What's difference in working HR in smaller vs larger companies   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer

Interviewed at Micron Technology

Interview Details – I was contacted by the company and had a phone interview of about 30 minutes, only one "technical" question but still very easy. I was then contacted for an onsite interview that involved meeting with people at different levels of the organization.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected really.   View Answer

Equipment Technician Interview

Equipment Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview Details – Interview with about 4 to 5 managers. Various questions related to the positions. Different scenarios dealing with tech and maintenance. Have to describe circuits drawings. Have to know about pumps and vacuum systems.

Interview Question – AC/DC and electrical questions. Questions on cuicuts.   Answer Question

Intern SSD Product Engineer Interview

Intern SSD Product Engineer
Boise, ID

I applied online - interviewed at Micron Technology in March 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted application through their website, sent copy to a friend who works there and he told me it should be 2 pages and highlight the projects I had worked on in school (i.e. special projects, class projects, etc...). So I redrafted my resume as my friend suggested and he turned it in to Human Resources for me. a couple weeks later I was notified by email I would be having a phone interview. I studied up on digital logic, microelectronics and did a little research on NAND Flash memory technology prior to the interview. Tne interviewer never once had to ask me questions like why I wanted to work at Micron, why I would be a good fit there, how and when I had shown initiative in the past, or any of the usual interview questions of that type because I took every opportunity to sell myself by telling the interviewer these things without being prompted. The only technical questions I was asked where specific to NAND Flash memory, the thing I spent the least time studying, but I was able to reason out answers to questions I did not really know the answers to and never once said, 'I don't know'. I didn't really feel the interview went as well as it could have, but I guess I did alright because two weeks later I got an offer letter and will work 13 weeks this summer.

Interview Question – Why does a NAND memory cell have a finite number of write/erase cycles?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they send you an offer letter that says what the wage is that they are offering, and since that seemed pretty generous for a Junior in college, and they were offering $600/month housing, I didn't attempt to negotiate further.

Director Design Engineering Interview

Director Design Engineering

Interviewed at Micron Technology

Interview Details – Very informal interview process. I was asked into a conference room. I spoke to 3 interviewers for 45 minutes each. After that I was introduced to the Vice President of the group. He talked to me at length about my past experience and specifically about a project I had done in the past. he told me what project he had in mind and solicited ideas around his project idea. he asked me if I would be interested in heading up the program he had in mind, to which I replied in the affirmative.

Interview Question – Why don't you do your own company.   Answer Question

Database Design Engineer Interview

Database Design Engineer
Boise, ID

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Took 4+weeks received a phone call from HR. Had initial screening with HR about previous experience, etc. Then talked with the hiring manager via phone and set up a time to come do onsite interview. They paid to fly myself and my fiance to Boise for the interview. Paid rental car, hotel, and expenses up to $100. Plus up to $50 for food.

Showed up early for interview. Waited about 30 min until the HR person came down, took me to a conference room. First person to interview came in 5 minutes later. Talked about the job, then the asked generic questions. Followed by 4 more interviews. Took me to lunch which turned out to be another interview. After lunch had another interview. That was the last interview. Then got passed off to another person who gave me a tour and was told it was over. Weird ending, basically just said we will get in touch with you, probably not a good sign.

Many technical questions. Included cross section of transistor, transistor operations, transistor IV curves, transistor transfer curves. Was asked about NAND operation. Asked about simple RC circuits, how to reduce etc.

Develop psuecode to change Farenheit to Celsius.
Use equation, develop truth table, put into gates. Reduce it, put it into NAND.
Tapeout process, use of reticles, cadence questions, etc.

Interview Question – Building XNOR with NANDS   View Answer

Treasury Intern Interview

Treasury Intern

Interviewed at Micron Technology

Interview Details – first round is the introductory and the second round is to present my research about some treasury questions.

Interview Question – presentation skills   Answer Question

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

ASIC Verification Engineer
Boise, ID

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in March 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter who has helped me setup phone interview.

Interviewer asked question about my experience. UVM/OVM knowledge
He was interested in TB architecture, general verilog questions
After four weeks of follow up, got an decision that I was not selected for further process.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Micron Technology

Worked for Micron Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Micron Technology interview questions and advice. All 185 interview reviews posted anonymously by Micron Technology employees and interview candidates.