Micron Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

2.9

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Micron Technology (Arlington, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter. Mainly asked about the backgrounds and HR questions. Few technical questions for basic principles to make sure you understanding what you have listed in your resume and how much experience in this particular field.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Micron?   Answer Question
    • Do you know about the Transport phenomena, Electromagnetics, and Surface phenomena?   Answer Question

Software Engineer (Database Dev) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I found them on a college recruiting website, they replied within 2 weeks and we met for the initial interview. It was half behavioral half basic technical questions. I was then called back for a second interview which was identical, but with a team of engineers in Boise over a conference call.

Interview Questions

• I was handed a sheet with multiple tables outlined and asked to write various SQL queries against it.   1 Answer
    • What is something you learned from your last job that will help you in this role?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Micron Technology (Manassas, VA).

Interview

Two phone interviews, one with an HR recruiter and one with your eventual shift lead. Followed by a three-person panel interview in person. I interviewed for an entry level position, so they asked very basic questions. "Describe a time that you...," etc. They will basically hire anyone who shows the slightest amount of competency.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you were part of a successful team.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

There were three rounds of phone interview for total and no on-site interview for intern position. The first one was just some easy HR questions, and the later two asked about basic semiconductor questions, including CMOS IV, fabrication, like deposition, photolithography, etching. Also some personality questions were asked. The questions is not difficult, but there were some traps.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID).

Interview

First the interview was with the HR. It was mainly behavioral questions. One week after that the phone interview was with three managers basically on technical things from resume and my research.

Yield Enhancement Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Interview

I applied the job online and after 2 weeks the hr contacted me. After a phone interview, I went to micron , boise for on site interview. I was interviewed with 6 people in yield enhancement team.

Interview Questions

• Working principle of pn junction , transistor, mos, flash.   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in June 2015.

Interview

I had 2 informal interviews over the telephone - one with the HR rep and one with the supervisor of the open position. They were both very friendly and easy to talk to, not stuffy like HR often is. They simply asked me to talk them through my education and job history (resume). They made me feel that was the only applicant on their hiring list, which was exciting at the time.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a 1 on 1 phone interview with the recruiter. The next step was a 4 on 1 interview with the manager and developers on the team.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in May 2015.

Interview

Talked with 5 different people, roughly 30-45 minutes each. They asked technical questions about transistors (i.e. iv curves, simple logic questions). They also questioned the resume and tried to get to know you. They seem to be interested in how much you know about the job and the company your applying for.

Interview Questions

• Explain the result of 3 nmos transistors in series.   1 Answer

Interview

Got a call through career fair. Interview was basics of VLSI design and analog

Interview Questions

• A circuit was given asked to analyse the delay   1 Answer