Micron Technology

Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Micron Technology.

First Round: Phone Interview with HR
    Second Round: Direct Supervisor
    Third Round: Line Director
    The first round interview lasted for about 45 minutes including questions regarding the job description, what makes me qualified etc.
    Round two is more specific, where scenarios were proposed and possible solutions and recommendations are given. Overall the experience was good, the people were nice and professional. Some questions were tough, specifically, they asked for implementation details, i.e. the steps it requires to implement a recommendation that was suggested.

Backend Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology.

There were three rounds of interview.

1st round was slightly technical and more about understanding and getting to know your resume.

2nd round was with a senior manager, this was more of explaining your contribution as a team member in various projects according to your resume.

3rd round was with the Director, this was more of a attitude check, just like checking whether you will be a good fit for the team. The Director also asked some scenario based questions.

Interview Questions
    Freshers with less than 3 years experience cannot negotiate the salary.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Micron Technology in October 2014.

Met recruiters at a career fair, had the 1st interview the day after. The initial interview was primarily technical and get to know you. Questions included I-V characteristics, cross sections of MOSFET, design a NAND gate, etc. If you were stumped, they tended to lead you to where you could come up with an answer. 5 weeks later, they scheduled an in person which will be about a 5 hour process of multiple 1:1 interviews and a panel interview.

Characterization Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology.

This was my first interview with the company and it was a grueling 50 minute phone screen. My interviewer asked me around 8 technical questions, all about CMOS processing concepts. He invited me to share as much detail as possible, which threw me off a bit. The interview was long and a bit exhausting but he seemed pleased at my attempts to answer his questions. I got invited for a second phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss as many design considerations as you can related to MOSFET scaling, specifically short-channel effects. Whenever I mentioned a short-channel effect, he'd probe me on the physics behind it. Wanted as technical an explanation as I could provide on the phone.   Answer Question

Cvd Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in September 2014.

Receive call from manager for phone interview and get onsite interview invitation the second day after that. Questions not very difficuilt. Some key parameters very important for processes. Statistical background is a must. Also some related questions. Panel interview afterwards, about 2 hours, more in depth with similar questions regarding CVD and CMP processes.

SSD Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in September 2014.

I had 2 phone interviews before they invited me on-site for the in-person interview. The phone interviews were quite easy and were more like a conversation (mostly about my past experiences). The on-site interview was LONG! Be sure to either bring water with you or ask for water breaks whenever possible because there is a lot of talking involved!

I was told I would have an answer in about 2 weeks. I hadn't heard from them so I called the recruiter and learned that they went with another candidate.

Some of the questions asked throughout the process were:

--Explain the keyword volatile and why would you use it?
    --What is the keyword static used for?
    --What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of FLASH memory?
    --Explain the differences between an SSD and HDD.
    --What is PCI/PCIe? SATA?

Interview Questions
    • There was an SSD coding problem I was expected to write on the white board. It wasn't too difficult. Erase all the NAND in an SSD using some given info and constraints (write in any language you'd like)   Answer Question

Demand Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online – interviewed at Micron Technology.

Initial interview by HR was longer than expected. She asked lots of behavior questions on the first phone call but nothing hard. HR was very accommodating to people who hunts job on job.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Micron Technology.

They generally asked a couple of introductory questions, then transitioned to technical questions
    Introductory questions involved : Open to relocation, Why interested in this position, very conventional
    Technical Questions included: Why is salt not allowed in cleanroom, how does SEM work, questions about SPC, Six Sigma, process control charts, Short channel effects in MOSFETS.

Interview Questions
    • I had trouble with most of the statistical process control questions, since I've had no prior experience. I frankly did not expect those questions   Answer Question

Mobile Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Micron Technology in August 2014.

Got a phone call from the HR. After a conversation of about an hour he scheduled an interview with the hiring manager. Next week got a call from the hiring manager and his co worker. Surprisingly the job requirement matched exactly with my current job roles. Manager looked really interested. Followed up with the HR after a week but didn't get a response. Followed up again after 2 weeks, and the HR said my skills were a perfect match however I was out a state candidate so I had a lower priority. After about 2 months of no communication from the HR saw that I am no longer under consideration even though the posting is still open for couple of months. Expected a lot more professionalism from the HR side about following up with candidates. Regardless, the phone interview was really easy. If you know what the job requirement is asking for, interview should be a piece of cake for you.

Human Resources Intern Interview

applied to position, interviewed with a panel of three people, then was made an offer, did not negotiate pay as it was reasonable and what I had expected. They were concerned with my Human Resource Knowledge and my aptitude and work ethic.

Interview Questions
    • What's difference in working HR in smaller vs larger companies   Answer Question