Micron Technology

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
Boise, ID

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Micron Technology in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was first contacted after an on-campus career fair by a recruiter and I had an interview on campus the next day. The interview there was one on one and I was asked a lot of technical questions and also a few questions about what I thought about micron. I was told to apply online for the job and did so. I received an email about setting up an on-site interview that they would want to do within 10-15 days over a period of 2-3 days. I was unable to do within that time but was able to schedule something about 3 weeks out. They also asked for references at this time as well as whether I would like to do a tour of Boise with a realtor that works closely with Micron. Once the date was set up an itinerary came by email a few days later as well as an email from the realtor setting up the tour. The plane ticket, rental car, and hotel expenses were paid for up-front and I received all of the information about these in the itinerary. They had me come to the headquarters in the morning and I was taken from manager to manager and I was asked mostly technical questions. The interview with each manager was about thirty minutes long and I interviewed with 6 different managers all in the product engineering department. The HR person who took me to and from the department had a folder with my resume in it and this was passed from manager to manager until the HR person came to get me. In this folder each manager added a few papers with the questions they asked and the answers I had given written down. At the end I was taken back to the front desk and then left.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was to write a program that would take a 3x3 matrix and move around the values. [[1 2 3][4 5 6][7 8 9]] -> [[9 8 7][6 5 4][3 2 1]] like this.   View Answers (5)

Intern Interview

Interviewed at Micron Technology

Interview Details – I had a on campus interview for Micron in October after meeting with the recruiter at career fair. The interview was mostly geared toward behavioral questions. The interviewer asked questions regarding why I think I was a good match for Micron, and questions on the projects I've done on my resume.

Interview Question – Please talk about a past group project that you had difficulty in and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

AMHS Technician Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview Details – Applied online One Morning, then with in a few hours was contacted by the local recruiter to set up a phone interview and a face-to-face interview. Very Friednly, helpful and informative about the process and position.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to relocate if needed.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Boise, ID

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Micron Technology in August 2009.

Interview Details – The external interview process is simple. A one interview process for entry level positions. The internal process is a bit more complex. Panel interviews to start with, which can tend to be "rapid fire" interviews to see how well you deal with pressure and situations. Following this would be a final one on one interview.

Interview Question – How would you handle "xyz"...before you get to finish your answer, another manager jumps in with another situation that needs attention, followed by another manager with a pressing issue.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview Details – I met one of the recruiters at a dinner my university hosts the day before the career fair. The next day I was able to give the recruiter my resume and was called that night to schedule an interview that week. I was told to expect to hear back from them 2-3 weeks later about whether I have been selected for a job offer. It's been almost two weeks now, so I hope to hear from them soon. I don't think I would have been able to interview with them if I had not met them at the dinner the night before which helped them get to know me. I only say this because when I saw them at the career fair they just took my resume and that was that. They didn't have any questions for me at the fair itself, so I assumed that I wasn't going to get an interview, but I was wrong.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were behavioral based, like to explain the last technical presentation you had and the difficulties you faced with it, or have you ever worked in a group with a difficult individual and how did you deal with them. The most difficult question for me was where I see myself in 5 years, only because I completely forgot to prepare for that question prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Senior Design Engineer

Interviewed at Micron Technology

Interview Details – low power design skill and experience, understanding leakage path, power domain control method

Interview Question – Cap discharging question   View Answer

Yield Enhancement Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview Details – phone interview followed by onsite interview by 2 teams

Interview Question – None, most of the questions were general.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not easy to negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Micron Technology

Interview Details – phone interview about one hour and one day onsite interview.

Interview Question – many experience-related questions in job interviews   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Boise, ID

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call for a phone intervew a week later. The phone interview was with two different managers at the same time. A lot of techinical questions were asked because they were just reading a sheet of questions and didn't really care how I answered them. As soon as I answered one they just asked the next one with no regard as to how I answered the previous one. I week later I got a call and was asked to come for an onsite interview. They flew my wife and I out and paid for everything, which was a nice vacation for us. The onsite interview was unprofessional in my opinion. I showed up ontime and was kept waiting in the lobby for 45 min. Then we walked a few miles to the other side of the plant wasting time. The onsite interview lasted about 6 to 7 hours. I interviewed with a different person about every 45 min. They did pay for lunch which was nice. Most of the people I interviewed with were not management at all. They were just people who happen to be on the project that were given a sheet of questions to ask me. The thing that I really found annoying was that 85% of every interview I did that day was exactly the same...I answered the same questions over and over again. Seems like a waste of time to me. The day ended with me talking to one of the bigger bosses. I was told to expect an offer and was praised for how well I did. It turns out they were just blowing smoke. After I finished and flew home I never recieved a call from my recruiter. Not even a courtesy call to let me know I wasn't a right fit for the position. I called him after a few weeks and asked for some feedback so I could improve my interview skills and he said he would call me back. To this day I have never heard back from him. I issue a warning to all who consisder employment from this company...be careful what they tell you because chances are they are just blowing smoke. Out of all the people I saw while I was there doing the onsite interviews the only older looking person was the bigger boss I spoke to at the end of the day. Its not a good sign when you have a large company like Micron who has been around for awhile but doesn't have anybody working there who has been there for more than 10 years. Be careful!

Interview Question – The hardest part was dealing with all the inexperience and answering the same behavioral questions over and over agian all day long.   Answer Question

Process Integration Engineer Interview

Boise, ID

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview Details – Be as prepared as possible.

Interview Question – Be prepared to be at the dry erase board drawing graphs, explaining theory, or problem solving.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not have much of a leg to negotiate on, but I did definitely hear of people getting more vacation time, better bonuses structures, and higher wages. It all depends on the amount of experience that you bring to the table.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Micron Technology