Micron Technology Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Milpitas, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with the supervisor took around 20 minutes going over my background and experience. Was told and expected a call back after the manager returns from vacation for next step, but it never happen and no reply when making inquiry.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if your manager gives you multiple tasks that you know you cannot meet deadlines?   Answer Question

IS Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in March 2015.

Interview

Came to the college career fair, and hit it off with the senior Talent Manager who attended. From there we had a phone conference call that was more technical in nature, then they flew me down to Idaho for a series of in person interviews with coworkers, managers, other talent managers, as well as various levels of management.

Interview Questions

• Which is more important: characteristic values of each person, or the quality/quantity of work that the person can do?   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

Interview was on campus in a career fair. The questions asked were quite easy but I am not even sure if they were looking for candidates. I live in Salt lake city, Utah and their main office is in Boise, Idaho. So, they mostly hire candidates from Boise. They usually come to Utah for career fairs, interview candidates and never get back. I have been interviewed twice but did not get a response back on both times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position of a NAND non volatile product engineer. I went through a campus interview and they seemed to like me so they flew me out to their base in Boise, ID. The process spanned 5-6 hours divided into three parts. The first was a three person panel interview where I was drilled by both technical and personal questions. This lasted about an hour and a half. They asked things about work ethic, and what difficult situations I found myself in. Micron basically wants to know what kind of person you are and how you respond to things. The second part they grace you with a lunch break on them. Finally you have another three person panel where they drill you on more technical questions and try to gauge how you think under pressure. After this they give you a tour of the facility, and one of the engineers may take you out to dinner.

Interview Questions

• There are many questions on device physics such as MOSFET theory, how the device works and how changing certain parameters such as dielectric properties changes how the device reacts. They'll also ask you basic logic questions about nands and XOR gates, and possibly have you draw the basic layout of one. They also throw some curveballs at you that pertain to their specific manufacturing which is how the floating gate operation works, and how do you utilize it in practice.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in February 2015.

Interview

Great interview, people were very nice, asked a lot about my resume and my interests, wanted to get to know me, I would recommend knowing your resume inside and out

NVE Product Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview, then got called the day after for information to get flown in for an onsite interview. I had two panel (3-4 managers) interviews on site. One before lunch and another after lunch. HR recruiter checked me in and brought me to the interview room. After first interview I was taken to lunch at their cafeteria. After lunch I was brought back to the interview room for another round of interviews. The interviews were heavily technical base. The team was very accommodating and help with questions you get stuck on.

Interview Questions

• You have two ropes of different lengths and made of different materials. If you burn either rope from end to end it will burn out in 60 mins. You can't touch the ropes. All you can do is light them on fire to burn out. How would you calculate 45 mins accurately by burning said ropes   4 Answers

Dram Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

I talked to one of the recruiter on career fair and received a phone call saying I'm invited to the interview next day. On the interview day, I was asked some technical question. Later, the recruiter said it'd take about 2-3weeks. Later, I got an email saying I am not chosen.

Interview Questions

• He asked me to give some output from the digital signal input and also draw truth table from the digital circuits of CMOS and PMOS.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Tempe, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Went to the career fair at my school and talked with one of the recruiters. Got a call only a couple of hours after the career fair and they wanted to schedule an interview for the very next morning. There were two 15 minute interviews. The first was mixed between circuits questions and miscellaneous intuitive questions. Thought the interview went great but waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Showed a schematic for a mux and asked what it was   Answer Question
    • Drew a low pass filter and asked to draw the gain vs. frequency plot.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

Got a call through college career fair.I Was asked to come for a 1to1 interview the next day itself. Very simple questions mostly on VLSI basics. The interviewer was polite and was helping you solve through the questions .

Interview Questions

• simple questions based on the following topics- inverter voltage transfer curve charge sharing read and explain asinmple PERL code charging of capacitances   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

Applied at campus career fair. Was called-in for an on campus interview in 2 days. Comprised mostly of behavioral questions and questions to understand my background. After about 3 weeks, had phone interviews with multiple teams. All of them were very detailed technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions about fabrication processes for semiconductor devices especially transistors.   Answer Question