Micron Technology

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.9

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Micron Technology.

They generally asked a couple of introductory questions, then transitioned to technical questions
    Introductory questions involved : Open to relocation, Why interested in this position, very conventional
    Technical Questions included: Why is salt not allowed in cleanroom, how does SEM work, questions about SPC, Six Sigma, process control charts, Short channel effects in MOSFETS.

Interview Questions
    • I had trouble with most of the statistical process control questions, since I've had no prior experience. I frankly did not expect those questions   Answer Question

Mobile Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Micron Technology in August 2014.

Got a phone call from the HR. After a conversation of about an hour he scheduled an interview with the hiring manager. Next week got a call from the hiring manager and his co worker. Surprisingly the job requirement matched exactly with my current job roles. Manager looked really interested. Followed up with the HR after a week but didn't get a response. Followed up again after 2 weeks, and the HR said my skills were a perfect match however I was out a state candidate so I had a lower priority. After about 2 months of no communication from the HR saw that I am no longer under consideration even though the posting is still open for couple of months. Expected a lot more professionalism from the HR side about following up with candidates. Regardless, the phone interview was really easy. If you know what the job requirement is asking for, interview should be a piece of cake for you.

Human Resources Intern Interview

applied to position, interviewed with a panel of three people, then was made an offer, did not negotiate pay as it was reasonable and what I had expected. They were concerned with my Human Resource Knowledge and my aptitude and work ethic.

Interview Questions
    • What's difference in working HR in smaller vs larger companies   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I was contacted by the company and had a phone interview of about 30 minutes, only one "technical" question but still very easy. I was then contacted for an onsite interview that involved meeting with people at different levels of the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected really.   View Answer

Equipment Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview with about 4 to 5 managers. Various questions related to the positions. Different scenarios dealing with tech and maintenance. Have to describe circuits drawings. Have to know about pumps and vacuum systems.

Director Design Engineering Interview

Very informal interview process. I was asked into a conference room. I spoke to 3 interviewers for 45 minutes each. After that I was introduced to the Vice President of the group. He talked to me at length about my past experience and specifically about a project I had done in the past. he told me what project he had in mind and solicited ideas around his project idea. he asked me if I would be interested in heading up the program he had in mind, to which I replied in the affirmative.

Treasury Intern Interview

first round is the introductory and the second round is to present my research about some treasury questions.

Database Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in April 2014.

Applied online. Took 4+weeks received a phone call from HR. Had initial screening with HR about previous experience, etc. Then talked with the hiring manager via phone and set up a time to come do onsite interview. They paid to fly myself and my fiance to Boise for the interview. Paid rental car, hotel, and expenses up to $100. Plus up to $50 for food.

Showed up early for interview. Waited about 30 min until the HR person came down, took me to a conference room. First person to interview came in 5 minutes later. Talked about the job, then the asked generic questions. Followed by 4 more interviews. Took me to lunch which turned out to be another interview. After lunch had another interview. That was the last interview. Then got passed off to another person who gave me a tour and was told it was over. Weird ending, basically just said we will get in touch with you, probably not a good sign.

Many technical questions. Included cross section of transistor, transistor operations, transistor IV curves, transistor transfer curves. Was asked about NAND operation. Asked about simple RC circuits, how to reduce etc.

Develop psuecode to change Farenheit to Celsius.
    Use equation, develop truth table, put into gates. Reduce it, put it into NAND.
    Tapeout process, use of reticles, cadence questions, etc.

Nand Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in April 2014.

I was called for an initial interview. Later that same day I got an email from them wanting additional information so they could fly me out the next week for an onsite interview.

Intern SSD Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online – interviewed at Micron Technology in March 2014.

Submitted application through their website, sent copy to a friend who works there and he told me it should be 2 pages and highlight the projects I had worked on in school (i.e. special projects, class projects, etc...). So I redrafted my resume as my friend suggested and he turned it in to Human Resources for me. a couple weeks later I was notified by email I would be having a phone interview. I studied up on digital logic, microelectronics and did a little research on NAND Flash memory technology prior to the interview. Tne interviewer never once had to ask me questions like why I wanted to work at Micron, why I would be a good fit there, how and when I had shown initiative in the past, or any of the usual interview questions of that type because I took every opportunity to sell myself by telling the interviewer these things without being prompted. The only technical questions I was asked where specific to NAND Flash memory, the thing I spent the least time studying, but I was able to reason out answers to questions I did not really know the answers to and never once said, 'I don't know'. I didn't really feel the interview went as well as it could have, but I guess I did alright because two weeks later I got an offer letter and will work 13 weeks this summer.

Interview Questions
    • Why does a NAND memory cell have a finite number of write/erase cycles?   View Answer
    No negotiation, they send you an offer letter that says what the wage is that they are offering, and since that seemed pretty generous for a Junior in college, and they were offering $600/month housing, I didn't attempt to negotiate further.