Micron Technology

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Boise, ID

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in October 2012.

Interview Details – I met them at a campus career fair previous semester. The guy recognized me as I was their career-host. He asked me if I was free for an interview. The first interview was at our campus. There were two guys. Started with personal question, 'tell me about yourself'. Then he went on to C programming. He asked me about bound checking in arrays. If you have a nxn character array and if you have to access a random element in the given random array, how do you do it. I said for eg a 3rd character in a 4th array is a[4][3]. Then he asked me to give a different method. I couldn't. The other method is if you know the address of the first element you can calculate the others since arrays are stored in contiguous locations. He asked me about my technical projects. He asked me about experience with linux. I had none. I think this was the main issue. They looked disappointed when I said no. Apart from that, the other questions were not too hard. He also asked how recursive functions stored their data. I said stacks. that was correct.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was when he asked about the character array as described above.   Answer Question

ESSD Systems Test Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview Details – phone interview, about 1hour

Interview Question – let me explain OO as detail as possible   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Micron Technology in February 2012.

Interview Details – I met them through campus recruiting and was given an interview on campus that lasted about 45 minutes. They gave me a paper exam that had four sections: digital logic, Unix commands, C code, and solving circuits. It wasn't particularly challenging but I wish I would have brushed up on it beforehand. They also asked some personality questions - I don't remember the specifics but it was pretty generic such as talking about a time you showed initiative. They offered me the position by phone about a week later.

Interview Question – The solving circuits part of the exam was the most difficult because if you don't remember the equations you have to reason it out on the spot.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer from another internship that I wanted more.

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Field Applications Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in July 2009.

Interview Details – Initially i was contacted by the HR department of the company directly. I had 3 rounds of interview, first round is with the direct hiring manager, who asked me what I did before, tested me some basic engineering problem-solving questions, and then asking me about my working style and personality stuff. Then I got into the second round, which is to have a telecon interview with the team members around the places (back then the team who work with me are all over at the different places) to understand the working atomosphere and let the team understands me a bit more - not much technical questions during this stage. Finally, I am interviewing on-site again with the higher executive team, with some directors, VPs, who wants to understand my background and experiences. Then I got hired after all 3 rounds.

Interview Question – There isn't much difficult questions to answer, some technical questions just to understand my ability as a technical person.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I actually got a salary increase from my original offer, I think this is due to company's policy to offer the right salary based on the experience and skills - I was very satisfied because this company is providing the honest offer than others.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

Interviewed at Micron Technology

Interview Details – Interview questions are mainly behavior related, not much technical. Make sure to prepare for general questions.

Interview Question – No such questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
Boise, ID

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Micron Technology in May 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward. All technical questions probing your basics by 6 or 7 managers.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Intern Interview

Intern
Manassas, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Micron Technology in April 2012.

Interview Details – 1st I got a call from recruiter to set up a phone interview with hiring Manager and next day I got a interview call from hiring manager for half an hour. So it was pretty quick.
 And in next 2 days they gave me offer. I was happy and started dancing. It was great that they made fast decision and I dint have to wait too long.

Interview Question – All questions were basic. Tell me about yourself and projects you have done. What do you know about Micron? Why do you want to work for micron? And some very easy fabrication related question which I couldn't answer still I got an offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. No opportunity for negotiation. But I was happy with whatever they were offering.

Process Engineer Interview

Boise, ID

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in October 2008.

Interview Details – Quick acting, good communication.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was fair, no need for negotiation

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Boise, ID

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in July 2010.

Interview Details – My resume was referred by friend. I got a phone interview from the Test Lead. Went well.
I was told I should be ready for an on site interview. The onsite interview consisted of some written test for 45 mins and Oral interview questions by HR and around 7 people. Overall went well. The people who interviewed me were nice.

Interview Question – Capacitor charge sharing.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Davis, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview Details – They called me for a technical interview and met with me one on one to ask questions.

They asked me to draw IV curves for a MOSFET, draw an inverter, and to answer some riddle questions.

I had to answer my questions on a sheet of paper that they provided.

Interview Question – I don't remember the questions, but they asked me some random riddles regarding hats.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Micron Technology