Micron Technology Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID).

Interview

First Round: Phone Interview with HR Second Round: Direct Supervisor Third Round: Line Director The first round interview lasted for about 45 minutes including questions regarding the job description, what makes me qualified etc. Round two is more specific, where scenarios were proposed and possible solutions and recommendations are given. Overall the experience was good, the people were nice and professional. Some questions were tough, specifically, they asked for implementation details, i.e. the steps it requires to implement a recommendation that was suggested.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Micron Technology in October 2014.

Interview

Met recruiters at a career fair, had the 1st interview the day after. The initial interview was primarily technical and get to know you. Questions included I-V characteristics, cross sections of MOSFET, design a NAND gate, etc. If you were stumped, they tended to lead you to where you could come up with an answer. 5 weeks later, they scheduled an in person which will be about a 5 hour process of multiple 1:1 interviews and a panel interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Durham, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

I was simply asked to provide my resume before hand. A few days later, I was set up for a phone interview. This interview was very straightforward. I was asked some questions about my resume, my strengths and weaknesses, and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

This was my first interview with the company and it was a grueling 50 minute phone screen. My interviewer asked me around 8 technical questions, all about CMOS processing concepts. He invited me to share as much detail as possible, which threw me off a bit. The interview was long and a bit exhausting but he seemed pleased at my attempts to answer his questions. I got invited for a second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Discuss as many design considerations as you can related to MOSFET scaling, specifically short-channel effects. Whenever I mentioned a short-channel effect, he'd probe me on the physics behind it. Wanted as technical an explanation as I could provide on the phone.   Answer Question

R&D Wet Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Potsdam, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Potsdam, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I first got contacted by HR and had a great interview with them. They asked the usual behavioral questions and a few technical ones. I was immediately booked in for a technical interview for two days later. That was the night mare. They were in a rush to get somewhere else, they didn't ask me anything related to my resume or my master's/PhD research. It was a disaster. I think if they weren't rushed it would have gone well.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about Micron   1 Answer

Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in September 2014.

Interview

The interviews started in time. The interviewers were professional and intense. Very good discussions on the company, the products and the long term vision of the organization. I left the interview feeling like I wanted to be a part or this team.

Rda Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was easy. Consisted mainly questions from the resume. Asked to explain about projects and some behavioural questions to know about team membership. Got a call from recruiter asking to set up phone interview. received call from team next week with contained questions from resume and general behavioural questions. 1 hour interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe one project that is close to your heart? Do you work well under pressure?   Answer Question

SSD Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in September 2014.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews before they invited me on-site for the in-person interview. The phone interviews were quite easy and were more like a conversation (mostly about my past experiences). The on-site interview was LONG! Be sure to either bring water with you or ask for water breaks whenever possible because there is a lot of talking involved! I was told I would have an answer in about 2 weeks. I hadn't heard from them so I called the recruiter and learned that they went with another candidate. Some of the questions asked throughout the process were: --Explain the keyword volatile and why would you use it? --What is the keyword static used for? --What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of FLASH memory? --Explain the differences between an SSD and HDD. --What is PCI/PCIe? SATA? .

Interview Questions

• There was an SSD coding problem I was expected to write on the white board. It wasn't too difficult. Erase all the NAND in an SSD using some given info and constraints (write in any language you'd like)   Answer Question

Cvd Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Manassas, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

Receive call from manager for phone interview and get onsite interview invitation the second day after that. Questions not very difficuilt. Some key parameters very important for processes. Statistical background is a must. Also some related questions. Panel interview afterwards, about 2 hours, more in depth with similar questions regarding CVD and CMP processes.

Demand Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID).

Interview

Initial interview by HR was longer than expected. She asked lots of behavior questions on the first phone call but nothing hard. HR was very accommodating to people who hunts job on job.