Micron Technology

Updated Nov 30, 2014
Updated Nov 30, 2014

2.9

Test Engineer Interview

Composed of three interviews, one behavioral phone interview, one technical phone interview, and one onsite interview. Onsite interview will be composed of 7 interviews from managers to the VP.

Firmware Test Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online – interviewed at Micron Technology in March 2013.

Applied online, receive a phone interview ten days later, it lasts for an hour and asked basic questions cover data structure, operating system, c, python, testing, It went well.
    Received an second phone interview from HR a week later, asked my visa status, expected pay, when available to work etc. He also asked some simple behavioral questions.This one lasts for 20 minutes.
    Then one day later, the third phone interview come. It was a mixture of behavioral and technical questions, questions are harder than the first round. I didn't know there is another round of interview so didn't get prepared.
    One week later, HR told me that they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about linux internals and linux kernal.
      What is a heap and a stack?
      Difference between list and tuple in python.
      What is an zombie process, how do you deal with it?
      What is interrupt latency, race condition, context switch?

Where do you see yourself in five years?

View Answer

DRAM Quality and Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Micron Technology in March 2013.

Got a phone call from HR and scheduled the phone interview the very next day morning.

Interview Questions
    • Semiconductor Device basics, Fabrication steps, Transfer Characteristics, P type and N type CMOS basics. Basically Semiconductor physics.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in March 2013.

Applied online through my university's job postings. Had first interview on campus. Was flown up to Boise to interview there. Received offer.

Interview Questions
    • basic transistor operation, capacitor charge sharing, etc.   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Micron Technology in March 2013.

Applied online. Received a call 10 days later and we had a 1 hour interview over the phone

Interview Questions
    • Construct NAND using 2 NPN and 2 PNP transistors.   Answer Question
    • Which is more likely to occur, a 6 sigma event or a 3 sigma event?   View Answer

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in March 2013.

Contacted by a recruiter who has helped me setup phone interview.

Interviewer asked question about my experience. UVM/OVM knowledge
    He was interested in TB architecture, general verilog questions
    After four weeks of follow up, got an decision that I was not selected for further process.

ESSD Systems Test Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology.

phone interview, about 1hour

QRA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in February 2013.

Attended campus career fair and met recruiter. Recruiter contacted me later that day and invited me for an hour long interview the next day on campus. All questions were pertained to my behavioral skills and some past work experience. A week later I was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview which took place a week after that. Phone interview mainly pertained to my past work/internship/research experience along with some technical questions. A week later I was invited out to Boise for an on campus interview. The on campus interview consisted of 6-7 45-60 min long interviews. I was interviewed by engineers in the group during the morning and upper management in the afternoon. All interviews consisted of mostly technical questions pertaining to my course work, research, and past work/internship experience. At the end of the interviewing process I sat down with my HR representative and discussed how my day went along with health benefits, etc. It was a long day but overall a great experience. My HR representative called a week later and presented an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were technical and I felt were a means to measure my problem solving skills. I was also asked questions about my past work, internship, and research duties and responsibilities. Specifics included basic semiconductor device physics and knowledge of storage devices.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview questions are mainly behavior related, not much technical. Make sure to prepare for general questions.

No negotiations

Collection Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in February 2013.

The interview process is mostly situational. First you take an online exam then you are interviewed by a Human Resources representative over the phone. Once selected for the next step you are then interviewed by a panal of the manager and their manager. An additional interview may take place after this one.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a specific instance where you had an angry customer and how you handled it.   View Answer
    I was called by HR and was offered the position and pay. There was little room for negotiation.