Micron Technology Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.8

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Micron Technology.

They generally asked a couple of introductory questions, then transitioned to technical questions
Introductory questions involved : Open to relocation, Why interested in this position, very conventional
Technical Questions included: Why is salt not allowed in cleanroom, how does SEM work, questions about SPC, Six Sigma, process control charts, Short channel effects in MOSFETS.

Interview Questions
  • I had trouble with most of the statistical process control questions, since I've had no prior experience. I frankly did not expect those questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Micron Technology

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Micron Technology in April 2010.

Human Resources calls and asks HR questions. Next, an enginer will call and ask technical questions. Most questions. were about CMOS relationships with respect to temperature and voltages. Finally an onsite interview is done. During the interview, an HR person starts. next, there is a panel of 3 engineers who do a technical interview. Next there are interviews with a couple of leads to get more of a sense of personality. If they like you, then you'll meet with a Manager, then a Sr Manager.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real difficult questions. Just know how CMOS transistors work and if you know something about DRAMs that is good.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview questions are mainly behavior related, not much technical. Make sure to prepare for general questions.

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in October 2008.

Quick acting, good communication.

Interview Questions
    Salary was fair, no need for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology in October 2010.

This was probably the fastest possible interview I ever attended, and of course with the best possible result - I got the offer. It was in Purdue university for RCG position. I had an on the spot pre-screening round while I gave them my resume showing interest in the position. I mostly had only design related coursework/project - nothing really in process/microelectornic fabrication. They asked me in detail about my project in DRAM and my thesis on nanotechnology.

After that, I had a 1:1 interview, which had a panel of 5 people including HR. They kept firing questions one after another, sometime not letting me finish (not that it was rude), but I was able to handle it well. Constantly mixed technical with behavioral questions. A lot of questions on quality - how its important, gave me situations asking what I would do to make sure quality wasn't affected.

Interview Questions
    No real chance to negotiate since it was a RCG position. They were quite fixed on the package they were offering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in April 2012.

I received an email in response to my application to schedule a time for a phone interview with the HR department. The phone interview lasted somewhere around five minutes with a few personality questions and then informing me about working hours and give me an idea of a salary range. A second phone interview with the specific department was set up at this time.

The second phone interview was mostly a technical interview, that lasted about 30 minutes, and to be honest I was caught off guard by it. The questions were not so in depth that I couldn't answer but I wasn't properly prepared, even though the questions were somewhat tailored to my background and were obviously chosen based on my resume. An annoying thing about this interview is that I was put on speaker phone, because there were two interviewers, which made it difficult to hear at times.

I received a phone call from the HR department about a week later to schedule an on-site interview. This process consisted of six one-on-one interviews and one interview with a two person "panel". The first interview was the most technical and lasted about 45 minutes after this the rest is easy as it was primarily just questions to determine personality and work habits. The first couple interviews of this type seem like legit interviews but after that it's more like meet and greet than a real interview. Expect to be there between four and five hours but they do stop and provide lunch in the afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were very difficult, and given that they were tailored to my resume, I suggest being able to back up anything you put on there for work experience or educational background.   Answer Question
    Negotiation is practically non-existent. They give a fair offer for the area in addition to giving an estimate in the initial phone interview. They also have good benefits, such as 401k supplementation, good health insurance, education assistance, on-site gym, an on-site health clinic, and an incredible vacation system.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Micron Technology in April 2010.

I had an initial screening interview with an HR person. The only moment that stood out was his insistence that I start immediately after I was hired-he said that that was not negotiable.
    I subsequently had an interview with a group of engineers. The interview was non-technical, they were assessing my fit with the Micron work culture. So questions were about working under stress and in groups. Subsequently I was to be flown out to Virginia for a day of interviews but by then I had received another offer so I declined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

The process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology in February 2011.

Took a 15 minute test on basic questions on Unix, VLSI concepts, C

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Micron Technology in August 2010.

Interviewed with HR, then a panel of 3 engineers, then a manufacturing manager. Very friendly, nothing too technical. Initially balked at my salary requests but the offer came a few hours after the interview, at my request + 5K.

Interview Questions

Did not want the shift work

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology in September 2010.

I found the position through a professor at school. A man contacted me and told me to apply online. I apples and the HR gave me an interview about basic things such as why I wanted to work there and why I would be a good candidate. I got to the second interview where they asked me technical questions about my experience with semiconductors. It was an entry level job so he would make sure I knew the acronyms and proffered I was talking about.

Interview Questions

Worked for Micron Technology? Contribute to the Community!