Micron Technology

Updated Nov 30, 2014

2.8

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Micron Technology.

I had an on-sight interview here at my university. The interview was technical, with questions pertaining to the type of work, and my own research. The second interview was over the phone and was more for HR, with questions mostly focusing on what I knew about the company, so make sure to know a little about their history and current status, but mostly about where they plan to go in the future (i.e. new technology). The third interview was a conference call with 3 engineers. It was mostly technical again with questions about the technology pertaining to the position, but they were questions mostly about my research. I wasn't an expert in the technology since I have been working with it less than 1 year, so there were questions I didn't know the answer to.

Interview Questions
  • I don't remember the exact wording, but it was something along the lines of "Give an example of when you made a suggestion to the project that made a big/good impact."   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Micron Technology

Process Engineer Interview

easy and smooth. all about basic questions and interviewees are not friendly (consider this is an opening for new grad). There are 7 people interviewed me with 30 mins/each. It was a full day interview.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Micron Technology in October 2014.

Met recruiters at a career fair, had the 1st interview the day after. The initial interview was primarily technical and get to know you. Questions included I-V characteristics, cross sections of MOSFET, design a NAND gate, etc. If you were stumped, they tended to lead you to where you could come up with an answer. 5 weeks later, they scheduled an in person which will be about a 5 hour process of multiple 1:1 interviews and a panel interview.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Micron Technology.

They generally asked a couple of introductory questions, then transitioned to technical questions
    Introductory questions involved : Open to relocation, Why interested in this position, very conventional
    Technical Questions included: Why is salt not allowed in cleanroom, how does SEM work, questions about SPC, Six Sigma, process control charts, Short channel effects in MOSFETS.

Interview Questions
    • I had trouble with most of the statistical process control questions, since I've had no prior experience. I frankly did not expect those questions   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview questions are mainly behavior related, not much technical. Make sure to prepare for general questions.

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in April 2012.

I received an email in response to my application to schedule a time for a phone interview with the HR department. The phone interview lasted somewhere around five minutes with a few personality questions and then informing me about working hours and give me an idea of a salary range. A second phone interview with the specific department was set up at this time.

The second phone interview was mostly a technical interview, that lasted about 30 minutes, and to be honest I was caught off guard by it. The questions were not so in depth that I couldn't answer but I wasn't properly prepared, even though the questions were somewhat tailored to my background and were obviously chosen based on my resume. An annoying thing about this interview is that I was put on speaker phone, because there were two interviewers, which made it difficult to hear at times.

I received a phone call from the HR department about a week later to schedule an on-site interview. This process consisted of six one-on-one interviews and one interview with a two person "panel". The first interview was the most technical and lasted about 45 minutes after this the rest is easy as it was primarily just questions to determine personality and work habits. The first couple interviews of this type seem like legit interviews but after that it's more like meet and greet than a real interview. Expect to be there between four and five hours but they do stop and provide lunch in the afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were very difficult, and given that they were tailored to my resume, I suggest being able to back up anything you put on there for work experience or educational background.   Answer Question
    Negotiation is practically non-existent. They give a fair offer for the area in addition to giving an estimate in the initial phone interview. They also have good benefits, such as 401k supplementation, good health insurance, education assistance, on-site gym, an on-site health clinic, and an incredible vacation system.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology in February 2011.

Took a 15 minute test on basic questions on Unix, VLSI concepts, C

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology in October 2010.

This was probably the fastest possible interview I ever attended, and of course with the best possible result - I got the offer. It was in Purdue university for RCG position. I had an on the spot pre-screening round while I gave them my resume showing interest in the position. I mostly had only design related coursework/project - nothing really in process/microelectornic fabrication. They asked me in detail about my project in DRAM and my thesis on nanotechnology.

After that, I had a 1:1 interview, which had a panel of 5 people including HR. They kept firing questions one after another, sometime not letting me finish (not that it was rude), but I was able to handle it well. Constantly mixed technical with behavioral questions. A lot of questions on quality - how its important, gave me situations asking what I would do to make sure quality wasn't affected.

Interview Questions
    No real chance to negotiate since it was a RCG position. They were quite fixed on the package they were offering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology in September 2010.

I found the position through a professor at school. A man contacted me and told me to apply online. I apples and the HR gave me an interview about basic things such as why I wanted to work there and why I would be a good candidate. I got to the second interview where they asked me technical questions about my experience with semiconductors. It was an entry level job so he would make sure I knew the acronyms and proffered I was talking about.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Micron Technology in September 2010.

Initially got through university job fairs, where interview was quite long ~45 mins, but mostly on behavioral questions. If you have an MS degree, then they mostly stick to questions related to your coursework or thesis work. This round was quit easy to clear.

I think they were mostly looking to see if you are flexible and easy to work with. Key point.

Interview Questions
    • Are you ready to work for 12 hour rotation shifts? - Careful when you answer this!   View Answer