Micron Technology Product Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2014

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Micron Technology in October 2013.

I was first contacted after an on-campus career fair by a recruiter and I had an interview on campus the next day. The interview there was one on one and I was asked a lot of technical questions and also a few questions about what I thought about micron. I was told to apply online for the job and did so. I received an email about setting up an on-site interview that they would want to do within 10-15 days over a period of 2-3 days. I was unable to do within that time but was able to schedule something about 3 weeks out. They also asked for references at this time as well as whether I would like to do a tour of Boise with a realtor that works closely with Micron. Once the date was set up an itinerary came by email a few days later as well as an email from the realtor setting up the tour. The plane ticket, rental car, and hotel expenses were paid for up-front and I received all of the information about these in the itinerary. They had me come to the headquarters in the morning and I was taken from manager to manager and I was asked mostly technical questions. The interview with each manager was about thirty minutes long and I interviewed with 6 different managers all in the product engineering department. The HR person who took me to and from the department had a folder with my resume in it and this was passed from manager to manager until the HR person came to get me. In this folder each manager added a few papers with the questions they asked and the answers I had given written down. At the end I was taken back to the front desk and then left.

Interview Questions
  • The most unexpected question was to write a program that would take a 3x3 matrix and move around the values. [[1 2 3][4 5 6][7 8 9]] -> [[9 8 7][6 5 4][3 2 1]] like this.   View Answers (5)

Other Interview Reviews for Micron Technology

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Micron Technology.

I met with someone at a career fair at my college. Had a short interview the next day, and was called later on with the offer to fly me out to Boise to interview. It was a half day interview process with mostly technical questions on digital logic and vlsi design. I was called within a week with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty standard. There was a question about self timed circuits that was written incorrectly and ended up being impossible.   Answer Question
    The offer was fair and I did not end up negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in March 2013.

Applied online through my university's job postings. Had first interview on campus. Was flown up to Boise to interview there. Received offer.

Interview Questions
    • basic transistor operation, capacitor charge sharing, etc.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Micron Technology in May 2011.

Pretty straight forward. All technical questions probing your basics by 6 or 7 managers.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology in July 2012.

phone interview

Interview Questions
    • mostly questions were all basic concepts of physics and vlsi......But interviewer tried to cover every possible topic ...from microprocessor , digital design, programming. unexpected questions were basic physics   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

The process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology in November 2011.

Firstly, had a talk with a HR. All usual questions. Then talked with two directors one by one. Finally had a meal with the guy recommending me to be a candidate. The interview was as short as 3 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology in November 2011.

I met with a recruiter at my college, and was given two technical questions. I did both of these, and got a phone call about a week later inviting me out to an on campus interview. They flew me out the day before the interview and put me in a hotel downtown. I met with an HR person, and was escorted to the first of five hiring managers, each one leading to the next. Each hiring manager asked me two to three technical questions, plus one or two soft questions. The whole process took about 3 hours. I felt like I nailed most of the technical questions, but alas, no offer.

Interview Questions
    • Given: three clamped NMOS transistors in series with Vcc at the beginning. The output of the final one went into the source of a PFET, with the drain tied to ground and the gate tied to some voltage, I forget exactly what. I was asked to label the voltage at each node, and then which state the PFET was in.   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Micron Technology in November 2011.

first had a campus interview with recruiter on campus. Then had several phone interviews with hiring manager and hr. Final step was inteview on site. I think 8 interviews total. Each interview was 1/2 hour long. No behavioral questions at all, which surprised me. Many technical questions. Technical questions were'nt bad at all.

Interview Questions
    • Draw an nmos circuit. Then talked about how to add floating gate for flash memory.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology in June 2010.

In all I had 6 interviews, 1 HR and 5 technical. The interviewers were very friendly. They also offered to show around the place

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Micron Technology in July 2014.

Apply online then they will connect you in one or two weeks. For the interview of micron, there 2 or 3 rounds.No hr interview , only technical interview. For the first round, there are 2
     engineer , and will ask a lot of questions about digital ic design.

Interview Questions
    • use c language to write a small program and IQ question   Answer Question

Worked for Micron Technology? Contribute to the Community!