Micron Technology Product Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015
Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.9

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview was on campus in a career fair. The questions asked were quite easy but I am not even sure if they were looking for candidates. I live in Salt lake city, Utah and their main office is in Boise, Idaho. So, they mostly hire candidates from Boise. They usually come to Utah for career fairs, interview candidates and never get back. I have been interviewed twice but did not get a response back on both times.

Other Interview Reviews for Micron Technology

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in February 2015.

I applied for the position of a NAND non volatile product engineer. I went through a campus interview and they seemed to like me so they flew me out to their base in Boise, ID.

The process spanned 5-6 hours divided into three parts. The first was a three person panel interview where I was drilled by both technical and personal questions. This lasted about an hour and a half. They asked things about work ethic, and what difficult situations I found myself in. Micron basically wants to know what kind of person you are and how you respond to things.

The second part they grace you with a lunch break on them. Finally you have another three person panel where they drill you on more technical questions and try to gauge how you think under pressure. After this they give you a tour of the facility, and one of the engineers may take you out to dinner.

Interview Questions
    • There are many questions on device physics such as MOSFET theory, how the device works and how changing certain parameters such as dielectric properties changes how the device reacts. They'll also ask you basic logic questions about nands and XOR gates, and possibly have you draw the basic layout of one.

They also throw some curveballs at you that pertain to their specific manufacturing which is how the floating gate operation works, and how do you utilize it in practice.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Micron Technology in February 2015.

Went to the career fair at my school and talked with one of the recruiters. Got a call only a couple of hours after the career fair and they wanted to schedule an interview for the very next morning. There were two 15 minute interviews. The first was mixed between circuits questions and miscellaneous intuitive questions. Thought the interview went great but waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Showed a schematic for a mux and asked what it was   Answer Question
    • Drew a low pass filter and asked to draw the gain vs. frequency plot.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Attended an information session on campus and talked with them during a career fair. They called me a week and a half later to set a phone interview. Phone interview was with three engineers. They went over what their part of the company does and then went over my resume. They asked me about my education and work experience and how it related to Micron. They then sent me two files for technical questions. The first was a simple c program that printed out different types of data with pointers. I went through it and explained what each statement printed out. When I wasn't sure they helped point me in the right direction. The second file was about different transistor setups and what their truth tables were. I understood the first question because it was a plain circuit, but didn't understand(until later) the second because it was more of a physical layout. They then asked if I had any questions and thanked me for the interview. They were very nice and helped me understand the things I wasn't sure about. This was my first technical interview and I learned a lot from it.

Interview Questions
    • Asking about a transistor set up that wasn't like anything I had seen before.   View Answer

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology.

Had a phone interview for an unrelated position that ended up being filled by a local candidate. However, my interviewer was impressed and added his recommendation to my profile. I was then contacted some time later about another position I had applied for, and in short order was scheduled for an in-person interview (skipped the phone interview this time). Got flown out to HQ and interviewed individually with several engineers and the manager over about 5 hours. Was given a short tour of the facility at the conclusion. Received a call the next day while waiting for a connection flight home with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Broad ranging questions about PERL, semiconductor physics, transistors, behavioral stuff. Gets harder until you fail so they can see how you react to not knowing the answer.   Answer Question

Had another offer waiting at home. Decided to stay close. Micron was *very* competitive with their offer though...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Micron Technology in October 2013.

I was first contacted after an on-campus career fair by a recruiter and I had an interview on campus the next day. The interview there was one on one and I was asked a lot of technical questions and also a few questions about what I thought about micron. I was told to apply online for the job and did so. I received an email about setting up an on-site interview that they would want to do within 10-15 days over a period of 2-3 days. I was unable to do within that time but was able to schedule something about 3 weeks out. They also asked for references at this time as well as whether I would like to do a tour of Boise with a realtor that works closely with Micron. Once the date was set up an itinerary came by email a few days later as well as an email from the realtor setting up the tour. The plane ticket, rental car, and hotel expenses were paid for up-front and I received all of the information about these in the itinerary. They had me come to the headquarters in the morning and I was taken from manager to manager and I was asked mostly technical questions. The interview with each manager was about thirty minutes long and I interviewed with 6 different managers all in the product engineering department. The HR person who took me to and from the department had a folder with my resume in it and this was passed from manager to manager until the HR person came to get me. In this folder each manager added a few papers with the questions they asked and the answers I had given written down. At the end I was taken back to the front desk and then left.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was to write a program that would take a 3x3 matrix and move around the values. [[1 2 3][4 5 6][7 8 9]] -> [[9 8 7][6 5 4][3 2 1]] like this.   View Answers (5)

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Micron Technology.

I met with someone at a career fair at my college. Had a short interview the next day, and was called later on with the offer to fly me out to Boise to interview. It was a half day interview process with mostly technical questions on digital logic and vlsi design. I was called within a week with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty standard. There was a question about self timed circuits that was written incorrectly and ended up being impossible.   Answer Question
    The offer was fair and I did not end up negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in March 2013.

Applied online through my university's job postings. Had first interview on campus. Was flown up to Boise to interview there. Received offer.

Interview Questions
    • basic transistor operation, capacitor charge sharing, etc.   View Answer

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology in October 2012.

Had a nice conversation and was both technically and personally relative. I found it was really nice that they weren't just there to see if I was a genius but rather to see if I was someone who would be willing to figure things out.

Interview Questions
    It was for an internship so not much negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology in July 2012.

phone interview

Interview Questions
    • mostly questions were all basic concepts of physics and vlsi......But interviewer tried to cover every possible topic ...from microprocessor , digital design, programming. unexpected questions were basic physics   Answer Question