Micron Technology

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boise, ID

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Micron Technology in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was first contacted after an on-campus career fair by a recruiter and I had an interview on campus the next day. The interview there was one on one and I was asked a lot of technical questions and also a few questions about what I thought about micron. I was told to apply online for the job and did so. I received an email about setting up an on-site interview that they would want to do within 10-15 days over a period of 2-3 days. I was unable to do within that time but was able to schedule something about 3 weeks out. They also asked for references at this time as well as whether I would like to do a tour of Boise with a realtor that works closely with Micron. Once the date was set up an itinerary came by email a few days later as well as an email from the realtor setting up the tour. The plane ticket, rental car, and hotel expenses were paid for up-front and I received all of the information about these in the itinerary. They had me come to the headquarters in the morning and I was taken from manager to manager and I was asked mostly technical questions. The interview with each manager was about thirty minutes long and I interviewed with 6 different managers all in the product engineering department. The HR person who took me to and from the department had a folder with my resume in it and this was passed from manager to manager until the HR person came to get me. In this folder each manager added a few papers with the questions they asked and the answers I had given written down. At the end I was taken back to the front desk and then left.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was to write a program that would take a 3x3 matrix and move around the values. [[1 2 3][4 5 6][7 8 9]] -> [[9 8 7][6 5 4][3 2 1]] like this.   View Answers (5)

Product Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview Details – I met with someone at a career fair at my college. Had a short interview the next day, and was called later on with the offer to fly me out to Boise to interview. It was a half day interview process with mostly technical questions on digital logic and vlsi design. I was called within a week with a job offer.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were pretty standard. There was a question about self timed circuits that was written incorrectly and ended up being impossible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was fair and I did not end up negotiating.

Boise, ID

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through my university's job postings. Had first interview on campus. Was flown up to Boise to interview there. Received offer.

Interview Question – basic transistor operation, capacitor charge sharing, etc.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Boise, ID

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Micron Technology in May 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward. All technical questions probing your basics by 6 or 7 managers.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Folsom, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology in July 2012.

Interview Details – phone interview

Interview Question – mostly questions were all basic concepts of physics and vlsi......But interviewer tried to cover every possible topic ...from microprocessor , digital design, programming. unexpected questions were basic physics   Answer Question

Boise, ID

The process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology in November 2011.

Interview Details – Firstly, had a talk with a HR. All usual questions. Then talked with two directors one by one. Finally had a meal with the guy recommending me to be a candidate. The interview was as short as 3 hours.

Interview Question – Use NAND to realize inverter   View Answers (2)

Boise, ID

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology in November 2011.

Interview Details – I met with a recruiter at my college, and was given two technical questions. I did both of these, and got a phone call about a week later inviting me out to an on campus interview. They flew me out the day before the interview and put me in a hotel downtown. I met with an HR person, and was escorted to the first of five hiring managers, each one leading to the next. Each hiring manager asked me two to three technical questions, plus one or two soft questions. The whole process took about 3 hours. I felt like I nailed most of the technical questions, but alas, no offer.

Interview Question – Given: three clamped NMOS transistors in series with Vcc at the beginning. The output of the final one went into the source of a PFET, with the drain tied to ground and the gate tied to some voltage, I forget exactly what. I was asked to label the voltage at each node, and then which state the PFET was in.   View Answers (3)

Boise, ID

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Micron Technology in November 2011.

Interview Details – first had a campus interview with recruiter on campus. Then had several phone interviews with hiring manager and hr. Final step was inteview on site. I think 8 interviews total. Each interview was 1/2 hour long. No behavioral questions at all, which surprised me. Many technical questions. Technical questions were'nt bad at all.

Interview Question – Draw an nmos circuit. Then talked about how to add floating gate for flash memory.   Answer Question

Boise, ID

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology in June 2010.

Interview Details – In all I had 6 interviews, 1 HR and 5 technical. The interviewers were very friendly. They also offered to show around the place

Interview Question – All questions were based on circuit diagrams   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed at Micron Technology in February 2014.

Interview Details – First round interview. Given written test, 5 essay questions, for 1 hour. 4 were technical, 1 was easy riddle. The questions were quite general, like what is NAND memory? what is NMOS? etc

I didnt get the job since my skillset was different.
This job is more suitable to electrical engineer that master circuits.

Interview Question – Given a circuit, I need to determine the voltage at each determined points   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Micron Technology

Worked for Micron Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Micron Technology Product Engineer interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Micron Technology employees and interview candidates.