Micron Technology

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.8

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Engineer Interview

Attended an information session on campus and talked with them during a career fair. They called me a week and a half later to set a phone interview. Phone interview was with three engineers. They went over what their part of the company does and then went over my resume. They asked me about my education and work experience and how it related to Micron. They then sent me two files for technical questions. The first was a simple c program that printed out different types of data with pointers. I went through it and explained what each statement printed out. When I wasn't sure they helped point me in the right direction. The second file was about different transistor setups and what their truth tables were. I understood the first question because it was a plain circuit, but didn't understand(until later) the second because it was more of a physical layout. They then asked if I had any questions and thanked me for the interview. They were very nice and helped me understand the things I wasn't sure about. This was my first technical interview and I learned a lot from it.

Interview Questions
  • Asking about a transistor set up that wasn't like anything I had seen before.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Micron Technology

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology.

Had a phone interview for an unrelated position that ended up being filled by a local candidate. However, my interviewer was impressed and added his recommendation to my profile. I was then contacted some time later about another position I had applied for, and in short order was scheduled for an in-person interview (skipped the phone interview this time). Got flown out to HQ and interviewed individually with several engineers and the manager over about 5 hours. Was given a short tour of the facility at the conclusion. Received a call the next day while waiting for a connection flight home with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Broad ranging questions about PERL, semiconductor physics, transistors, behavioral stuff. Gets harder until you fail so they can see how you react to not knowing the answer.   Answer Question

Had another offer waiting at home. Decided to stay close. Micron was *very* competitive with their offer though...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Micron Technology in October 2013.

I was first contacted after an on-campus career fair by a recruiter and I had an interview on campus the next day. The interview there was one on one and I was asked a lot of technical questions and also a few questions about what I thought about micron. I was told to apply online for the job and did so. I received an email about setting up an on-site interview that they would want to do within 10-15 days over a period of 2-3 days. I was unable to do within that time but was able to schedule something about 3 weeks out. They also asked for references at this time as well as whether I would like to do a tour of Boise with a realtor that works closely with Micron. Once the date was set up an itinerary came by email a few days later as well as an email from the realtor setting up the tour. The plane ticket, rental car, and hotel expenses were paid for up-front and I received all of the information about these in the itinerary. They had me come to the headquarters in the morning and I was taken from manager to manager and I was asked mostly technical questions. The interview with each manager was about thirty minutes long and I interviewed with 6 different managers all in the product engineering department. The HR person who took me to and from the department had a folder with my resume in it and this was passed from manager to manager until the HR person came to get me. In this folder each manager added a few papers with the questions they asked and the answers I had given written down. At the end I was taken back to the front desk and then left.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was to write a program that would take a 3x3 matrix and move around the values. [[1 2 3][4 5 6][7 8 9]] -> [[9 8 7][6 5 4][3 2 1]] like this.   View Answers (5)

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Micron Technology.

I met with someone at a career fair at my college. Had a short interview the next day, and was called later on with the offer to fly me out to Boise to interview. It was a half day interview process with mostly technical questions on digital logic and vlsi design. I was called within a week with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty standard. There was a question about self timed circuits that was written incorrectly and ended up being impossible.   Answer Question
    The offer was fair and I did not end up negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in March 2013.

Applied online through my university's job postings. Had first interview on campus. Was flown up to Boise to interview there. Received offer.

Interview Questions
    • basic transistor operation, capacitor charge sharing, etc.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology in July 2012.

phone interview

Interview Questions
    • mostly questions were all basic concepts of physics and vlsi......But interviewer tried to cover every possible topic ...from microprocessor , digital design, programming. unexpected questions were basic physics   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Micron Technology in November 2011.

first had a campus interview with recruiter on campus. Then had several phone interviews with hiring manager and hr. Final step was inteview on site. I think 8 interviews total. Each interview was 1/2 hour long. No behavioral questions at all, which surprised me. Many technical questions. Technical questions were'nt bad at all.

Interview Questions
    • Draw an nmos circuit. Then talked about how to add floating gate for flash memory.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology in November 2011.

I met with a recruiter at my college, and was given two technical questions. I did both of these, and got a phone call about a week later inviting me out to an on campus interview. They flew me out the day before the interview and put me in a hotel downtown. I met with an HR person, and was escorted to the first of five hiring managers, each one leading to the next. Each hiring manager asked me two to three technical questions, plus one or two soft questions. The whole process took about 3 hours. I felt like I nailed most of the technical questions, but alas, no offer.

Interview Questions
    • Given: three clamped NMOS transistors in series with Vcc at the beginning. The output of the final one went into the source of a PFET, with the drain tied to ground and the gate tied to some voltage, I forget exactly what. I was asked to label the voltage at each node, and then which state the PFET was in.   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology in November 2011.

Firstly, had a talk with a HR. All usual questions. Then talked with two directors one by one. Finally had a meal with the guy recommending me to be a candidate. The interview was as short as 3 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Micron Technology in May 2011.

Pretty straight forward. All technical questions probing your basics by 6 or 7 managers.

None