Micron Technology

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Micron Technology

Interview Details – phone interview about one hour and one day onsite interview.

Interview Question – many experience-related questions in job interviews   Answer Question

Boise, ID

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in October 2012.

Interview Details – I met them at a campus career fair previous semester. The guy recognized me as I was their career-host. He asked me if I was free for an interview. The first interview was at our campus. There were two guys. Started with personal question, 'tell me about yourself'. Then he went on to C programming. He asked me about bound checking in arrays. If you have a nxn character array and if you have to access a random element in the given random array, how do you do it. I said for eg a 3rd character in a 4th array is a[4][3]. Then he asked me to give a different method. I couldn't. The other method is if you know the address of the first element you can calculate the others since arrays are stored in contiguous locations. He asked me about my technical projects. He asked me about experience with linux. I had none. I think this was the main issue. They looked disappointed when I said no. Apart from that, the other questions were not too hard. He also asked how recursive functions stored their data. I said stacks. that was correct.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was when he asked about the character array as described above.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initially was called by HR to set up a phone interview with the manager. The questions were based on the skills mentioned on my resume , C programming , memory management and Linux. Cleared the round and was called onsite. Onsite interview consisted of three 1:1 rounds. Questions were technical based on memory interfacing and generic coding . There were some behavioral questions as well .

Interview Question – Reverse a string in place   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Micron Technology

Worked for Micron Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Micron Technology Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Micron Technology employees and interview candidates.