Micron Technology

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Test Engineer Interview

Composed of three interviews, one behavioral phone interview, one technical phone interview, and one onsite interview. Onsite interview will be composed of 7 interviews from managers to the VP.

Other Interview Reviews for Micron Technology

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology in March 2011.

I was a Masters student when I was interviewed, so they asked me basic questions like cross section of an NMOS, its V-I characteristics, a couple of logical questions on this like how the curves shift if a resistor is added at its drain, etc, a couple of questions on DRAM, its leakage paths, clocking, etc, CMOS logic, temperature effects on the mobility of charge carriers in an NMOS, etc and some basic C programming questions about pointers, etc. Some questions were quite tricky like "Write a C program which performs multiplication operation without using the multiplication operator", etc.
    The interview started at 10 AM in the morning and ended at 4 PM in the evening. I had six interview sessions and each session had two interviewers, one the manager of the respective test division (e.g., burn-in) and a head engineer from that division. After the first interview, I was fortunate enough to be invited for lunch with one of the senior test engineers there, we talked about a lot of things ranging from my technical interests to Micron's past to the city of Boise. He also took me on a tour of their testing and fabrication facilities. It felt truly enticing to know that the memory chips that sit in our computers come from here! The final interview session consisted of the DRAM and the Probe and Test Managers. This was mentally slightly stressful in comparison to the others and most of it was C-programming. In the end, at around 4 PM, my recruiter escorted me out from the manager's cabin to the front desk and let me off.

Interview Questions
    • Cross section of an NMOS, its V-I characteristics, a couple of logical questions on this like how the curves shift if a resistor is added at its drain, etc, CMOS logic, temperature effects on the mobility of charge carriers in an NMOS, etc.   View Answer
    • A couple of questions on DRAM, its leakage paths, clocking, etc, and some basic C programming questions about pointers, etc. Some tricky questions like "Write a C program which performs multiplication operation without using the multiplication operator", etc.   View Answers (2)
    Their initial offer will sound good, but you can start with adding a +5 to +8 to it. Eventually, you will settle down with a convincing package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Micron Technology in January 2011.

I met them at career fair. Had an interview the next day. Interview consisted of written test before meeting with anyone then reviewing the test for about an hour. Questions were on digital logic, c-progrmaing, transistor physics and unix.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in July 2010.

My resume was referred by friend. I got a phone interview from the Test Lead. Went well.
    I was told I should be ready for an on site interview. The onsite interview consisted of some written test for 45 mins and Oral interview questions by HR and around 7 people. Overall went well. The people who interviewed me were nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in November 2014.

I received the email from the micron in Singapore. I went to Bendemeer factory for interview. The interview first ask me about the academic performance and other related to my CV, Why you come to micron, Any friend working here, career path and etc. After that he told me about the job scope of the test engineer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in May 2013.

gone thru 3 stage of interview.

Interview Questions
    • not really diffilcult. question. most likely are common questions   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology in April 2011.

Had an on campus interview with Micron. A half an hour interview and he just had a few behavioral and technical questions.

Test Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology in August 2010.

Dod phone screening after that in person interview.