Micron Technology

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Micron Technology

Interview Details – Composed of three interviews, one behavioral phone interview, one technical phone interview, and one onsite interview. Onsite interview will be composed of 7 interviews from managers to the VP.

Interview Question – Puzzle on strings....   View Answer

Boise, ID

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in July 2010.

Interview Details – My resume was referred by friend. I got a phone interview from the Test Lead. Went well.
I was told I should be ready for an on site interview. The onsite interview consisted of some written test for 45 mins and Oral interview questions by HR and around 7 people. Overall went well. The people who interviewed me were nice.

Interview Question – Capacitor charge sharing.   Answer Question

Boise, ID

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Micron Technology in January 2011.

Interview Details – I met them at career fair. Had an interview the next day. Interview consisted of written test before meeting with anyone then reviewing the test for about an hour. Questions were on digital logic, c-progrmaing, transistor physics and unix.

Interview Question – Make a NAND gate in CMOS   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Boise, ID

The process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was a Masters student when I was interviewed, so they asked me basic questions like cross section of an NMOS, its V-I characteristics, a couple of logical questions on this like how the curves shift if a resistor is added at its drain, etc, a couple of questions on DRAM, its leakage paths, clocking, etc, CMOS logic, temperature effects on the mobility of charge carriers in an NMOS, etc and some basic C programming questions about pointers, etc. Some questions were quite tricky like "Write a C program which performs multiplication operation without using the multiplication operator", etc.
The interview started at 10 AM in the morning and ended at 4 PM in the evening. I had six interview sessions and each session had two interviewers, one the manager of the respective test division (e.g., burn-in) and a head engineer from that division. After the first interview, I was fortunate enough to be invited for lunch with one of the senior test engineers there, we talked about a lot of things ranging from my technical interests to Micron's past to the city of Boise. He also took me on a tour of their testing and fabrication facilities. It felt truly enticing to know that the memory chips that sit in our computers come from here! The final interview session consisted of the DRAM and the Probe and Test Managers. This was mentally slightly stressful in comparison to the others and most of it was C-programming. In the end, at around 4 PM, my recruiter escorted me out from the manager's cabin to the front desk and let me off.

Interview Questions

• Cross section of an NMOS, its V-I characteristics, a couple of logical questions on this like how the curves shift if a resistor is added at its drain, etc, CMOS logic, temperature effects on the mobility of charge carriers in an NMOS, etc.   View Answer
  • A couple of questions on DRAM, its leakage paths, clocking, etc, and some basic C programming questions about pointers, etc. Some tricky questions like "Write a C program which performs multiplication operation without using the multiplication operator", etc.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Their initial offer will sound good, but you can start with adding a +5 to +8 to it. Eventually, you will settle down with a convincing package.

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in May 2013.

Interview Details – gone thru 3 stage of interview.

Interview Question – not really diffilcult. question. most likely are common questions   Answer Question

Test Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology in August 2010.

Interview Details – Dod phone screening after that in person interview.

Interview Question – why are you looking for this job.   View Answer

Test Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology in April 2011.

Interview Details – Had an on campus interview with Micron. A half an hour interview and he just had a few behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for Micron Technology? Contribute to the Community!