Micron Technology

Relevance Date Difficulty

Probe Test Engineer Interview

Probe Test Engineer
Manassas, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Micron Technology in March 2011.

Interview Details – Carrere Fair HR PERSONAL resume collection and Introduction.
Telephone Interview
Onsite Interview

Interview Question – Programming in C. Did not expect a complex debugging   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Technician
Manassas, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in April 2013.

Interview Details – In depth comprehension of electric circuits is required, thinking outside the box is also a huge plus. They ask IQ questions for the interviews

Interview Question – The IQ questions change for everyone. Alto of critical thinking questions were asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for wage negotiation

Engineering Coop Interview

Engineering Coop
Manassas, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in April 2012.

Interview Details – They were well organized in the whole process. They initially contacted by phone, conducted a phone interview, and then reviewed their candidates. I later received a call from the HR rep with an offer, and the physical offer letter followed very promptly after. The people I talked to were friendly and interested in finding a good fit for both the employer and employee.

Interview Question – The interview was pretty straight forward. A tough question was about personal characteristics.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Manassas, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Micron Technology in April 2010.

Interview Details – Human Resources calls and asks HR questions. Next, an enginer will call and ask technical questions. Most questions. were about CMOS relationships with respect to temperature and voltages. Finally an onsite interview is done. During the interview, an HR person starts. next, there is a panel of 3 engineers who do a technical interview. Next there are interviews with a couple of leads to get more of a sense of personality. If they like you, then you'll meet with a Manager, then a Sr Manager.

Interview Question – There were no real difficult questions. Just know how CMOS transistors work and if you know something about DRAMs that is good.   Answer Question

DRAM Quality and Reliability Engineer Interview

DRAM Quality and Reliability Engineer
Manassas, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Micron Technology in March 2013.

Interview Details – Got a phone call from HR and scheduled the phone interview the very next day morning.

Interview Question – Semiconductor Device basics, Fabrication steps, Transfer Characteristics, P type and N type CMOS basics. Basically Semiconductor physics.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Manassas, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Micron Technology in April 2012.

Interview Details – 1st I got a call from recruiter to set up a phone interview with hiring Manager and next day I got a interview call from hiring manager for half an hour. So it was pretty quick.
 And in next 2 days they gave me offer. I was happy and started dancing. It was great that they made fast decision and I dint have to wait too long.

Interview Question – All questions were basic. Tell me about yourself and projects you have done. What do you know about Micron? Why do you want to work for micron? And some very easy fabrication related question which I couldn't answer still I got an offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. No opportunity for negotiation. But I was happy with whatever they were offering.

Yield Enhancement Engineer Interview

Yield Enhancement Engineer
Manassas, VA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in January 2010.

Interview Details – 2 Telephonic conversations (1 HR and 1 technical) after which i was invited for an onsite. Had 4 sessions of interviews with 2-people panels and one final interview with a manager. Most people were courteous and questions were fairly relevant. They also included a lab tour which was quite informative. Overall, I had a good feeling about the interview. They got back to me real quick with a response, within 2 hours of leaving the building, HR called with me an offer.

Interview Question – One of the panels asked me certain specific questions related to the companys products which was a little hard to have known but they didnt hold that against me.   Answer Question

Senior Equipment Technician Interview

Senior Equipment Technician
Manassas, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview Details – All day with very little substance asked. They also mis-led me into thinking I would be used to help improve their PM managment.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Probe Product Test Engineer Interview

Probe Product Test Engineer
Manassas, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in June 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview - went over resume in detail
2. Second phone screening - a few questions abt Nmos operation, inverter transfer characteristics, asked if i have programming knowledge
3. on-site - asked in detail about PMOS operation, a little bit about fabrication process ( wet / dry oxidation process, diffusion process - ion implantation vs high temp. diffusion )
very basic questions abt OOP. the essential building blocks of OOP.
rest of on-site was mostly HR.
on-site lasted just about 4 hours.

Interview Questions

Yield Enhancement Technician Interview

Yield Enhancement Technician
Manassas, VA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Micron Technology in September 2011.

Interview Details – The HR called and just asked basic questions such as salary requirement, start date, and a basic idea about Micron. She stated afterwards that a technical interview (by phone) will be coming up in three days.

The technical interview questions were average. Questions were about Semiconductor Fabrication process, semiconductor theory, and Basic electrical circuits.

Interview Question – Describe how a transistor operates.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Micron Technology

Worked for Micron Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Micron Technology interview questions and advice in Washington, DC . All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Micron Technology employees and interview candidates.