Micron Technology

2.7

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cvd Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in September 2014.

Receive call from manager for phone interview and get onsite interview invitation the second day after that. Questions not very difficuilt. Some key parameters very important for processes. Statistical background is a must. Also some related questions. Panel interview afterwards, about 2 hours, more in depth with similar questions regarding CVD and CMP processes.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in April 2013.

In depth comprehension of electric circuits is required, thinking outside the box is also a huge plus. They ask IQ questions for the interviews

Interview Questions
    • The IQ questions change for everyone. Alto of critical thinking questions were asked   Answer Question
    Not much room for wage negotiation

DRAM Quality and Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Micron Technology in March 2013.

Got a phone call from HR and scheduled the phone interview the very next day morning.

Interview Questions
    • Semiconductor Device basics, Fabrication steps, Transfer Characteristics, P type and N type CMOS basics. Basically Semiconductor physics.   Answer Question

Senior Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology.

All day with very little substance asked. They also mis-led me into thinking I would be used to help improve their PM managment.

No negotiation

Probe Product Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in June 2012.

1. Phone interview - went over resume in detail
    2. Second phone screening - a few questions abt Nmos operation, inverter transfer characteristics, asked if i have programming knowledge
    3. on-site - asked in detail about PMOS operation, a little bit about fabrication process ( wet / dry oxidation process, diffusion process - ion implantation vs high temp. diffusion )
    very basic questions abt OOP. the essential building blocks of OOP.
    rest of on-site was mostly HR.
    on-site lasted just about 4 hours.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Micron Technology in April 2012.

1st I got a call from recruiter to set up a phone interview with hiring Manager and next day I got a interview call from hiring manager for half an hour. So it was pretty quick.
     And in next 2 days they gave me offer. I was happy and started dancing. It was great that they made fast decision and I dint have to wait too long.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were basic. Tell me about yourself and projects you have done. What do you know about Micron? Why do you want to work for micron? And some very easy fabrication related question which I couldn't answer still I got an offer.   Answer Question
    None. No opportunity for negotiation. But I was happy with whatever they were offering.

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in April 2012.

They were well organized in the whole process. They initially contacted by phone, conducted a phone interview, and then reviewed their candidates. I later received a call from the HR rep with an offer, and the physical offer letter followed very promptly after. The people I talked to were friendly and interested in finding a good fit for both the employer and employee.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty straight forward. A tough question was about personal characteristics.   Answer Question

Product Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology in January 2012.

I was working in Mircon's co-work company in Taiwan for 2 years. I am familiar with Test Engineer position in the field. I search the data sheet from their website and read roughly, because I used to read a lot of data sheets while I was in last job. I caught the point and what they are working for. On the other hand, I called my former colleagues. They have been working in Micron's headquarter in Boise. I got some precious information.

Second, I search from Glassdoor for some interview questions. They do ask me the some questions from the past.

In short, it is my first phone interview in US. Their questions are not difficult and basically to their job.
    I didn't answer well due to my poor English and nervous. So, I suggest if you will have an interview, just prepare well and answer confidently. Have a nice job!

Yield Enhancement Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Micron Technology in September 2011.

First phone interview: Pre-screening by the HR.
    Duration: 20 minutes.
    Questions: A few basic questions about my eligibility to work in the country, expected graduation date, expected salary, expectations from the job itself.

Second phone interview: The hiring manager called after about a week of my conversation with the HR. He was humble and made me feel comfortable.
    Duration: 40 minutes

Interview Questions
    • Mention only one greatest strength of yours? Why do you think so? Elaborate.   Answer Question
    • Mention only one biggest weakness of yours? What have you done to overcome it? What were the results?   Answer Question
    • Would you like to work in the lab (hands-on) or work at desk? Pick one.   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation that you came across where you had to trouble-shoot. What was the problem and how did you go about doing that?   Answer Question
    • List the differences between a TEM and SEM.   Answer Question

Yield Enhancement Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Micron Technology in September 2011.

The HR called and just asked basic questions such as salary requirement, start date, and a basic idea about Micron. She stated afterwards that a technical interview (by phone) will be coming up in three days.

The technical interview questions were average. Questions were about Semiconductor Fabrication process, semiconductor theory, and Basic electrical circuits.