Micron Technology

2.7

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Micron Technology in January 2014.

Met during campus career fair. Interviewed with recruiter the next day, and a few weeks later was asked to fly to Boise for on site interview. Interview was ALL day long and very similar to others experience on glassdoor. A few behavior Qs and brain teasers. Everyone seemed interested in salary expectations and what I wanted from Micron as a whole (career wise). Every 45 min was a new engineer walking in and asking very technical questions not necessarily related to my resume but specific to the job requirements. Everything from materials processing to electrical circuits. Was guided out and told me they would be in touch. Interview went well but the end was an unsettling experience as it was a sudden end to the interview. Took another Job as the decision process took WAY too long.

Interview Questions
  • know everything from materials engineering to electrical circuits to device physics.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Micron Technology

Yield Enhancement Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology.

phone interview followed by onsite interview by 2 teams

not easy to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in September 2011.

It began with a brief phone review after an online application with an employee reference. This was basically just a sanity check making sure you were competent and new basics like Ohm's Law. After a week or so I was brought in for the onsite which included 2 panels and 2 managers. The first panel was the technical interview and was rather challenging unless you had semiconductor experience in school. The behavioral panel followed and was fairly standard and asked very expected questions. Next you undergo another behavioral interview with the section head and finally a senior manager.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions regarding CMOS devices   View Answer
    This was for an entry level position so I accepted a reasonable offer without negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Micron Technology in September 2011.

First phone interview: Pre-screening by the HR.
    Duration: 20 minutes.
    Questions: A few basic questions about my eligibility to work in the country, expected graduation date, expected salary, expectations from the job itself.

Second phone interview: The hiring manager called after about a week of my conversation with the HR. He was humble and made me feel comfortable.
    Duration: 40 minutes

Interview Questions
    • Mention only one greatest strength of yours? Why do you think so? Elaborate.   Answer Question
    • Mention only one biggest weakness of yours? What have you done to overcome it? What were the results?   Answer Question
    • Would you like to work in the lab (hands-on) or work at desk? Pick one.   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation that you came across where you had to trouble-shoot. What was the problem and how did you go about doing that?   Answer Question
    • List the differences between a TEM and SEM.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology in January 2010.

I applied online in the company's website and they e-mailed me to set up a 30 minute phone interview. It was just a HR round asking very simple questions. Just routine details. They replied after a week and scheduled a phone interview(technical). Still have to attend the phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology in January 2010.

2 Telephonic conversations (1 HR and 1 technical) after which i was invited for an onsite. Had 4 sessions of interviews with 2-people panels and one final interview with a manager. Most people were courteous and questions were fairly relevant. They also included a lab tour which was quite informative. Overall, I had a good feeling about the interview. They got back to me real quick with a response, within 2 hours of leaving the building, HR called with me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • One of the panels asked me certain specific questions related to the companys products which was a little hard to have known but they didnt hold that against me.   Answer Question

Yield Enhancement Engineer Interview

HR called for interview, taken a logic test and technical paper before interviewed by an engineer.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot of CMOS questions, like how to use NMOS and PMOS to design an inverter   Answer Question

Yield Enhancement Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology.

1 hour 20 mins quiz including logic test, circuit test, verbal test, and personality test. 30 mins for logic test, the format is multiple choice. The difficulty for the test is modest, but the time is very tense. Circuit test is the most important part. It majorly emphasizes on CMOS gate logic. It is not hard question but need to be careful. After the quiz there would be face to face interview. Usually is one to one interview. Prepare for the normal question and ready to explain your answer of the quiz.

Yield Enhancement Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Micron Technology in February 2013.

Signed up for the interview at their booth at a mass campus recruitment event. Got the impression that they were willing to give anyone who patronized their booth an interview slot.

There were two rounds of interview on a saturday morning at Fab 10, North Coast Drive Singapore. First round was with the direct supervisor. Only if the supervisor is alright with you, will he let you proceed to the second round of interview with two directors above him.

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked by both rounds of interviews are very standard interview questions like 'tell me about yourself', 'tell me about your career aspirations', as well as 'why do you want to join us?'. Very straightforward.

Because the working location is very secluded, working environment is very stressful (as highly emphasized by the interviewers), and working hours are long and erratic (9am-9pm for 3 months, 9pm-9am for following 3 months and so on), they are looking more at how willing you are to join them.

Answer Question