Micron Technology Yield Enhancement Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

2.8

Yield Enhancement Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

There were three rounds of phone interview for total and no on-site interview for intern position. The first one was just some easy HR questions, and the later two asked about basic semiconductor questions, including CMOS IV, fabrication, like deposition, photolithography, etching. Also some personality questions were asked. The questions is not difficult, but there were some traps.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Micron Technology

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Interview

I applied the job online and after 2 weeks the hr contacted me. After a phone interview, I went to micron , boise for on site interview. I was interviewed with 6 people in yield enhancement team.

Interview Questions

• Working principle of pn junction , transistor, mos, flash.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in January 2014.

Interview

Met during campus career fair. Interviewed with recruiter the next day, and a few weeks later was asked to fly to Boise for on site interview. Interview was ALL day long and very similar to others experience on glassdoor. A few behavior Qs and brain teasers. Everyone seemed interested in salary expectations and what I wanted from Micron as a whole (career wise). Every 45 min was a new engineer walking in and asking very technical questions not necessarily related to my resume but specific to the job requirements. Everything from materials processing to electrical circuits. Was guided out and told me they would be in touch. Interview went well but the end was an unsettling experience as it was a sudden end to the interview. Took another Job as the decision process took WAY too long.

Interview Questions

• know everything from materials engineering to electrical circuits to device physics.   Answer Question

Yield Enhancement Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology.

Interview

phone interview followed by onsite interview by 2 teams

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not easy to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology (Manassas, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

It began with a brief phone review after an online application with an employee reference. This was basically just a sanity check making sure you were competent and new basics like Ohm's Law. After a week or so I was brought in for the onsite which included 2 panels and 2 managers. The first panel was the technical interview and was rather challenging unless you had semiconductor experience in school. The behavioral panel followed and was fairly standard and asked very expected questions. Next you undergo another behavioral interview with the section head and finally a senior manager.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions regarding CMOS devices   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was for an entry level position so I accepted a reasonable offer without negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Micron Technology (Manassas, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

First phone interview: Pre-screening by the HR.
    Duration: 20 minutes.
    Questions: A few basic questions about my eligibility to work in the country, expected graduation date, expected salary, expectations from the job itself.

Second phone interview: The hiring manager called after about a week of my conversation with the HR. He was humble and made me feel comfortable.
    Duration: 40 minutes

Interview Questions

• Mention only one greatest strength of yours? Why do you think so? Elaborate.   Answer Question
    • Mention only one biggest weakness of yours? What have you done to overcome it? What were the results?   Answer Question
    • Would you like to work in the lab (hands-on) or work at desk? Pick one.   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation that you came across where you had to trouble-shoot. What was the problem and how did you go about doing that?   Answer Question
    • List the differences between a TEM and SEM.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology (Manassas, VA) in January 2010.

Interview

2 Telephonic conversations (1 HR and 1 technical) after which i was invited for an onsite. Had 4 sessions of interviews with 2-people panels and one final interview with a manager. Most people were courteous and questions were fairly relevant. They also included a lab tour which was quite informative. Overall, I had a good feeling about the interview. They got back to me real quick with a response, within 2 hours of leaving the building, HR called with me an offer.

Interview Questions

• One of the panels asked me certain specific questions related to the companys products which was a little hard to have known but they didnt hold that against me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Micron Technology (Manassas, VA) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied online in the company's website and they e-mailed me to set up a 30 minute phone interview. It was just a HR round asking very simple questions. Just routine details. They replied after a week and scheduled a phone interview(technical). Still have to attend the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work in shifts and overtime?   3 Answers

Yield Enhancement Engineer Interview

Interview

HR called for interview, taken a logic test and technical paper before interviewed by an engineer.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of CMOS questions, like how to use NMOS and PMOS to design an inverter   Answer Question

Yield Enhancement Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Micron Technology (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a 3 round interviews.
    1st round was interviewed with your potential boss, yield enhancement manager (direct supervisor).
    2nd round was interviewed with yield enhancement director (1 level higher).
    3rd round was interviewed with Fab manager ( 1 more higher level).
    The time between each round was about 1 - 2 weeks.
    All interviewer were very open and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about statistics as yield enhancement role is about analyzing data.
      What is population? What is the trend? How to detect trend?
      Some questions about your personality.

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.