Microsemi Interview Questions

3.1

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Microsemi.

Phone interview with hiring manager with a huge ego. I've had these kind of interviews before, and it's always the same. The people who know the least always try to make themselves look smart, when they really aren't. They know some narrow area, and ask you ridiculous questions that are impossible to answer on the phone without a whiteboard. The smartest people I know in the area Microsemi is in could turn this manager into mincemeat in a nanosecond, but they themselves are the nicest people in the world with no ego. One time I found out later that the super-know-it-all-windbag person who interviewed me (back when Wang was extant) had lied on his resume and had no EE degree -- he had learned "EE" at a hippie commune -- no lie! Apply here if you want an arrogant self-promoting pompous windbag for a boss.

Interview Questions
    • Questions that would take a few hours to answer at the whteboard, but instead were asked over the phone with a one minute answer expected   Answer Question

RF Engineering Interview

Phone and onsite interview followed. The onsite interview include 1 ENGR manager, 2 design ENGRs, site director and HR. It took few hours to complete the interview. The offer is given after almost 4 months.

None

Software Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsemi in April 2014.

I applied through a job fair at my university. I received phone call saying they wanted to set up a phone interview. I did the phone interview, which was with the HR rep, and she then scheduled me for a phone interview with the engineering manager. This was a more technical 30 minute interview about my technical background. He said I would hear back from the HR rep about whether they wanted to schedule me for an in person interview but I have not. All 3 phone calls happened in a matter of 5 days or so, and they started about a month after the job fair.

Logic Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsemi in January 2014.

The interview lasted for almost 3 hours wherein i had 2 rounds. The first was a simple basic electrical engineering interview and the 2nd round was purely about logic design questions in deep.

Interview Questions
    • Was given a program with lot of syntax and logical errors and was asked to debug manually within 15 min.   View Answer

Software Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microsemi.

I had a phone interview for about 35 minutes and an on-site interview for 4 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What are the differences between pass by value and pass by reference.   View Answer
    They were very specific about coop pay rate. Not much negotiation.

Database Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsemi.

5 rounds of interview

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsemi in June 2012.

if you have reputation in industry, easy to get position. They just hire experienced people.

just HR offer you letter, and salary is almost industry standard. Sign on bonus has term, etc.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsemi in July 2009.

initially i was contacted by email , and was asked some HR questions. After clearing that I was contacted for a telephonic screening which was held for over an hour and conducted by 5 people. After that i was called onsite for a 1:1 interview

negotiate for your salary

VerificationEngineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsemi in April 2009.

The initial phone interview was with 2 or 3 engineers. They asked basic questions such as logic, setup/hold times, transistor basics. They also asked for scripting/software background.

The on-site one was much more expansive. It spanned over 5 hours with 7 different people and was very technical, albeit not too hard. I was asked to draw out characteristic curves, explain parts of the curve, solve some basic logic problems on paper. Also I was shown some verilog code and I had to be able to tell what it was. I was asked to describe how to make an FSM, how a PLL works, etc., all verbal answers.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design the CDC interface for a bus?   View Answer

Product Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microsemi in December 2008.

Interviewed with human resources. She explained the practices of the company. She also explained the expectations of the company. She then scheduled an interview with the shift lead. I toured the fab and was advised of work and safety practices. She then scheduled an interview with the fab manager. He questioned me of my work practices then explained the expectations of the company and work load. I then received an offer the following day that I excepted.

No negotiation phase