Microsemi Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2014
Updated Jul 10, 2014

RF Engineering Interview

Phone and onsite interview followed. The onsite interview include 1 ENGR manager, 2 design ENGRs, site director and HR. It took few hours to complete the interview. The offer is given after almost 4 months.

None

Software Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsemi in April 2014.

I applied through a job fair at my university. I received phone call saying they wanted to set up a phone interview. I did the phone interview, which was with the HR rep, and she then scheduled me for a phone interview with the engineering manager. This was a more technical 30 minute interview about my technical background. He said I would hear back from the HR rep about whether they wanted to schedule me for an in person interview but I have not. All 3 phone calls happened in a matter of 5 days or so, and they started about a month after the job fair.

Logic Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsemi in January 2014.

The interview lasted for almost 3 hours wherein i had 2 rounds. The first was a simple basic electrical engineering interview and the 2nd round was purely about logic design questions in deep.

Interview Questions
    • Was given a program with lot of syntax and logical errors and was asked to debug manually within 15 min.   View Answer

Software Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Microsemi.

I had a phone interview for about 35 minutes and an on-site interview for 4 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What are the differences between pass by value and pass by reference.   View Answer
    They were very specific about coop pay rate. Not much negotiation.

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsemi in June 2012.

if you have reputation in industry, easy to get position. They just hire experienced people.

just HR offer you letter, and salary is almost industry standard. Sign on bonus has term, etc.

Product Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bend, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Microsemi in December 2008.

Interviewed with human resources. She explained the practices of the company. She also explained the expectations of the company. She then scheduled an interview with the shift lead. I toured the fab and was advised of work and safety practices. She then scheduled an interview with the fab manager. He questioned me of my work practices then explained the expectations of the company and work load. I then received an offer the following day that I excepted.

No negotiation phase

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsemi in August 2010.

In India Process is undefined,only Management relatives define the process.The current management is brute and partial.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know someone in the organization. Depends on who is taking your interview.   View Answer
    At time I joined, interview was taken by Actel ppl and was fair enough.
    Now scenario has changed and is extremely bad

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsemi in November 2012.

Profile shortlist
    Telephonic interview. Where they will understand the suitability of candidature and his technical skills, his previous work experience. Once cleared will call for main interview which will last around 5 to 6 rounds of technical. Initial round concentrates on your basics. Later advanced topics. finally HR. If you are getting grilled more means you will have chance of getting selected.

Interview Questions
    • How do you exchange data between two different clock domains. Write a verilog code for it.   View Answer

got better one..

Senior Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online - interviewed at Microsemi in March 2010.

it was smooth and easy

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ennis (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ennis (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Microsemi in May 2012.

I submitted my CV on a recruitment website. A couple of days later I was asked for a telephone interview, which went pretty well. About a week later I was invited for an on-site interview. The interview itself focused almost exclusively on academic background, with little or no focus on my experience in the industry, which was far more relevant to the position in question. The hiring manager was quite intimidating and a most unpleasant individual, who tried to insinuate that I had been sacked from a previous job, when in fact I was simply one of a number of people laid off due to cutbacks. Overall though, I tackled the difficult elements of the interview quite well. I was told that there will be a second round of interviews within a fortnight. The company never contacted me back. About three months later, after no communication whatsoever, I called up to ask about the position I had been interviewed for, and was told that still no decision had been reached. I then decided I was wasting my time going for a position within a company who does not make an effort to communicate well and takes that length of time to make decisions, forgot about any prospects of working there and moved on.

Interview Questions
    • Are you sure there were no other reasons for termination in your previous position? (Aggressive tone of voice, big grin on his face)   View Answer

Worked for Microsemi? Contribute to the Community!