Microsemi Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015
Updated Mar 27, 2015

3.1

Test Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Microsemi (Bend, OR).

Interview

phone interview, month later call to come for personal interview, 2 months later asked if I wanted the job, week later ask for references, another week later urine test, finally date set to start work. Entire process 3 or 4 months! From applying to getting hired and starting work.

Interview Questions

• Can you communicate with Engineers?
      Have you written any specs?
      Are you willing to work OT?
      How do you handle conflict?

1 Answer

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microsemi (Aliso Viejo, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I had a several phone interviews scheduled, two took place. One was supposed to happen, but did not call or email that they had to postpone. In reality, they had the position posted for months, and is still posted so I'm not sure if they really know what they want. I would not work for this company based on their interview process.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Microsemi (Beverly, MA).

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager with a huge ego. I've had these kind of interviews before, and it's always the same. The people who know the least always try to make themselves look smart, when they really aren't. They know some narrow area, and ask you ridiculous questions that are impossible to answer on the phone without a whiteboard. The smartest people I know in the area Microsemi is in could turn this manager into mincemeat in a nanosecond, but they themselves are the nicest people in the world with no ego. One time I found out later that the super-know-it-all-windbag person who interviewed me (back when Wang was extant) had lied on his resume and had no EE degree -- he had learned "EE" at a hippie commune -- no lie! Apply here if you want an arrogant self-promoting pompous windbag for a boss.

Interview Questions

• Questions that would take a few hours to answer at the whteboard, but instead were asked over the phone with a one minute answer expected   Answer Question

RF Engineering Interview

Interview

Phone and onsite interview followed. The onsite interview include 1 ENGR manager, 2 design ENGRs, site director and HR. It took few hours to complete the interview. The offer is given after almost 4 months.

Interview Questions

• RF basic, cascade p1dB analysis   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Software Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsemi (Austin, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through a job fair at my university. I received phone call saying they wanted to set up a phone interview. I did the phone interview, which was with the HR rep, and she then scheduled me for a phone interview with the engineering manager. This was a more technical 30 minute interview about my technical background. He said I would hear back from the HR rep about whether they wanted to schedule me for an in person interview but I have not. All 3 phone calls happened in a matter of 5 days or so, and they started about a month after the job fair.

Logic Design Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsemi (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview lasted for almost 3 hours wherein i had 2 rounds. The first was a simple basic electrical engineering interview and the 2nd round was purely about logic design questions in deep.

Interview Questions

• Was given a program with lot of syntax and logical errors and was asked to debug manually within 15 min.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsemi in November 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screening with the supervisor of the team. This is mostly behavioral and about what's on your resume - so be sure to know and perhaps prepare answers concerning your resume. Since he is the supervisor, it was decided right at the end of the phone call that onsite interviews will be arranged. For the onsite interviews - about 5 total, one with the HR rep, one is a mini C test, the rest are behavioral and experience interviews. The HR rep is very nice and engaging and the C test is not intimidating as the tester helps a lot along the way.

Interview Questions

• Question: is there anything else you want to say to convince me? (something along those lines)   3 Answers

Software Coop Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microsemi (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had a phone interview for about 35 minutes and an on-site interview for 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between pass by value and pass by reference.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very specific about coop pay rate. Not much negotiation.

Database Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsemi.

Interview

5 rounds of interview

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Microsemi (Camarillo, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Typical interviewing process of several phone calls and a day of interviews. Phone call was for them to obtain a general feel for chemistry match while the day interview was more technical in nature.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions as any other company with specific question on Microsoft Projects software and system processes.   Answer Question