Microsoft Software Intern Interview Questions

3.5

Software Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Submitted a resume through the school career website and it was an on-campus interview. The interviewer was pretty friendly. The interview pretty much started by me introducing myself a little bit. Then he showed about a page of code in C++ and asked me to explain what it does. I did really horribly because I wasn't very familiar with C++ and haven't worked with it for a while. I asked the interviewer some advices and questions about improvements afterwards.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Software Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in June 2009.

Interview

I was corresponding through emails and they confirmed a phone interview for the initial screening.
    The interviewer was an HR lady.
    I was basically asked about my projects, educational background some some questions about my availability and whether I was interested in doing some project management.

Interview Questions

• Be extreme thorough with the resume.Why did you choose a particular major and a project   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in August 2007.

Interview

Starts with meeting a recruiter at a campus job fair and having around 2 to 5 minutes to tell them about yourself and impress them. They might also ask you technical questions right there. I remember being asked "How would you test this pen for quality". If they like you, you get an email saying that you will be scheduled for an interview on campus. I waited about two weeks before my interview.

Interview day, I meet one of the team leads from Microsoft in a room for a 1 on 1 interview. Introduce myself, discuss resume, asks me about classes, then he asks me to solve 1 programming task. After that, he asks me to test the function I just wrote for quality.

Interview Questions

• Write a function in C that takes a pointer to a string as its input, reverses the string, and returns a pointer to the reversed string.   Answer Question
    • Test the string reversal function. Can you break it ?   Answer Question