Microsoft Advertising Account Manager Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Advertising Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Microsoft in September 2009.

Hiring definitely took a while to get going. The problem was they posted the job opportunity in March, contacted me to express their interest, and then made me wait 6 months while they vacillated back and forth, trying to decide if they were going to locate the position in Dallas or Atlanta. Once they decided though, the process moved very quickly. I was brought in for a one-day series of interviews (5 interview, think), and then made an offer that evening. Interviews are conducted by a variety of MS employees that you will likely be working with.

Interview Questions
  • All MS interviewers take a short course in how to interview and what to look for. Mostly. They look for examples of accomplishments in the past. Typically, whatever the job posting states as qualifications, you can expect questions about particular examples of how you have demonstrated those qualification. For example, a big requirement for many positions is the ability to thrive amidst ambiguity. In the interview, they'll ask about examples of when you've experienced that kind of situation and and what it was like for you. The other thing they look for is how your personality will mesh with the team. Be bright, confident, and upbeat.   Answer Question
They made and offer that evening. The package was awesome and way more than any other competitor in this market. I accept immediately and never regretted it.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Advertising Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2012.

1 phone interview with the recruiter, 1 on site interview with the local Managers and 1 phone interview with the Dublin Manager

Interview Questions
    • At your age why are you not more advanced in your career?   Answer Question
    they offerded me less than advertised so I asked for more and got it

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!