Microsoft

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2012.

Interview Details – Sourced the position through LinkedIn. Did three phone and one in-person interviews, all of which were a breeze. I should have asked more pointed questions about the culture, since I had been warned by other people in the tech biz not to work there, but I was so exited to work for Microsoft that I didn't.

The background check was exhaustive and I ended up having to fax W-2's from 12 years ago to prove one of my employers. I know from several people that the company definitely called and was thorough in questioning background.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. The company is big into volunteerism and will ask where you volunteer (if you don't, then don't bother to apply).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salaries are on a matrix so (at least on the retail division) there is no room for negotiation.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Microsoft in May 2012.

Interview Details – 1) Phone call with a recruiter
2) In person interview with a store manager
3) Phone call with a market manager
4) Phone call with regional manager
5) Offer from recruiter

Interview Question – What most excites you about retail?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. One pay scale. If you don't like it, tough luck.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!