Microsoft Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2012.

Sourced the position through LinkedIn. Did three phone and one in-person interviews, all of which were a breeze. I should have asked more pointed questions about the culture, since I had been warned by other people in the tech biz not to work there, but I was so exited to work for Microsoft that I didn't.

The background check was exhaustive and I ended up having to fax W-2's from 12 years ago to prove one of my employers. I know from several people that the company definitely called and was thorough in questioning background.

Interview Questions
  • There were no difficult questions. The company is big into volunteerism and will ask where you volunteer (if you don't, then don't bother to apply).   Answer Question
Salaries are on a matrix so (at least on the retail division) there is no room for negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Microsoft in May 2012.

1) Phone call with a recruiter
    2) In person interview with a store manager
    3) Phone call with a market manager
    4) Phone call with regional manager
    5) Offer from recruiter

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. One pay scale. If you don't like it, tough luck.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!