Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Microsoft
- Software Development Engineer (765)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) (501)
- Program Manager (337)
- Intern (270)
- Software Developer (122)
- Software Engineer (82)
- Software Development Engineer Intern (67)
- Software Development Engineer II (59)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II (57)
- Technical Account Manager (52)
- Senior Program Manager (49)
- Associate Consultant (44)
- Program Manager Intern (44)
- Project Manager (43)
- Senior Software Development Engineer (41)
- Product Advisor (40)
- Product Manager (39)
- Account Manager (32)
- Hardware Engineer (31)
- Marketing Manager (26)
- Software Development Engineer I (25)
- Technical Support Engineer (24)
- Software Engineer II (23)
- Sales (21)
- Senior Consultant (21)
- Engineering (20)
- Support Engineer (20)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (20)
- Premier Field Engineer (19)
- Marketing (19)
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).
Microsoft's in-person interview process is a series of 1:1 discussions with people of different levels within the organization that you are applying to. All aspects of the day are included in the interview process, including the semi-casual lunch that you will have. Throughout the day, people who interviewed you write comments about you into an online tool so that others interviewing you can better focus their questioning to areas of interest. In addition, interviewers also indicate whether they think you are a "hire" or "no hire". While it won't be on your interview schedule, there is an "as appropriate" interview at the end of the day, which is based on whether interviewers are suggesting that you be hired. So if you get an interview at the end of the day that's not on your schedule you should take that as a good sign, although not a guarantee of an offer.
I did not negotiate.
Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft
Attorney InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (New Delhi (India)) in March 2011.
Too long a process and had to complete nearly 8 rounds of interviews including in person with few of them and over V-Con and T-Con with couple of them over a 4 month timeline.
- Too many to quote at each level. Answer Question