Microsoft

3.4

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

6 rounds of interview in total
    1 HR recruiter interview over phone
    2-3 technical interview about coding, design and technology and some behavior questions
    1 hiring manager interview
    this is usually easy as to this point, the overall comment on you should be positive.
    1 manager interview
    at this point, you pretty much beat most of the candidates. just a few to go through.
    this is usually easy as well since the big boss may do most of the talk here.

Interview Questions
    not much of negotiation. everything is already set in paper

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft.

Not sure if I am the only one, but the process of applying the position is not a happy one. The HR is not professional in terms of setting up interview schedule. I got last minute notice that the interview was rescheduled to another day with another interviewer, in a different location, without even providing the exact address of the office. There was no apology at all. I am very disappointed at the quality of the Microsoft's HR, who didn't show any respect to applicants.

NLP Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

How to find a random number from 1 to 100 with one number removed.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft.

As a joint PhD program of Tsinghua University and Microsoft Research Asia, the interview is not only for the intern position but for the PhD program. The interview process contains totally 4 rounds of 1:1 inverviews. Firstly introduce myself and what I've learned in college, and then discuss my past projects and achievements, career interests. Most of the discussion are not very challenging.

Interview Questions
    • How to improve a school project, that I had never thought to improve.   Answer Question

Ecosystem Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in June 2013.

Phone interview by HR
    F2F interview by line manager
    F2F interview by division head
    F2F interview by HR

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in April 2013.

1 row of written-exam
    3 rows of interview

Interview Questions
    • 1. Warm-up Question: about preview projects.
      2. Warm-up Question: difference between heap and stack.
      3. Algorithm: given a unordered array, filter the elements that can make up an ascending sub-array without changing their order and the sub-array should be the longest one.
      4. Code implement: delete all the blank in a string; string inverse.
      5. Some questions on testing trick.
        Answer Question

Research Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microsoft.

There are 8 round test, 45 min for each.
    First, there are 2 developer to ask me question about mathematics and programming, not quite hard but they are considering your basis. Such as how to calculate the Pi, and reverse a string.
    Then, followed by researchers to ask me my vision and other question related to your background. The researchers might ask question related to his own research. For example, a researcher ask me how to broadcast message to other node and avoid redundancy and collision, just because he is research in sensor network.

Interview Questions
    • To avoid redundancy sent in sensor network and collision detection   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microsoft in August 2012.

Had the interview about 3 hours ago. 3 x 1 hour slots with 3 different people.
    1st) Developer, 2) Another Developer, 3) Tester.
    Went really fast (or so it seemed) and most questions were standard technical questions.
    Not enough questions about me as a person. Just Q's that i should have revised more i guess! I got an answer pretty quickly because i had an offer from another company so they sped things up for me. Overall it wasn't too challenging to be honest. I just fluffed it a bit and had another job in the back of my mind.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in May 2012.

Coding test, and then interview with Skype. In the interview, I was asked to explain what I have done before and am doing now, which programming languages I am using, what research topics I am interested in, what kind of project I would like to commit, whether I would like to submit a paper to a conference or contribute some products.

Interview Questions
    • Explain my paper which is my previous major (not directly related to my current major).   View Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in April 2012.

It was 2 round. 2 round's face to face. Each round has 1 interviewer and 1 interviewee. Just ask questions about basic algorithms and data structures, like binary search and trees. Question: How do you output the leafs of a binary tree?

Interview Questions
    • Given a set of strings. Check if a new string is equal to any of them. Here equal means the letters are the same, like abbc=bacb   View Answers (4)