Microsoft Interview Questions in Bellevue, WA

Updated Jun 27, 2015

3.3

Applied Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

good environment and 1 phone interview and then onsite

Interview Questions

• just regular technical questions for software engineers and some statistics related questions   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in December 2012.

Interview

HR round followed by 4 technical interviews and 2 managerial level interviews

Interview Questions

• Find out all strings from a grid and compare with a list, traversal is random   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

A group interview with four separate interviews each lasting around forty-five minutes. Didn't get asked any technical questions, mainly design problems and general technology issues. Overall a sort of fun process, especially with the free trip to Seattle, nice hotel, and money for food and sightseeing! Didn't get an offer though.

Interview Questions

• Design an elevator system for the particular building we were in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

Gave my resume to a campus recruiter. Flew out to Redmond for HQ interview. Had about 4-5 interviews throughout the day and they were all about design except for the last one which was more technical in nature. One of the interviews was over lunch. The last interviewer asked me about classes I was currently taking and then based my interview question on the classes I said. I heard back the next day.

Interview Questions

• Design an app to track your packages that you ordered online. What are some designs you think about in your free time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

I was being interviewed for a summer internship with this title, they flew me up to Washington for an in-person group interview after a screening interview at my college (which I got through handing a resume to a recruiter through the career fair). This screening interview was fairly simple, one technical question, some questions about what I'd like to work on, etc. Everything is paid for when you're up their, car, hotel, and food. In person interview was a 5 rounds that either lasted throughout the morning or afternoon (there were two groups of interviewees from colleges across the country) and you spend about an hour with each person, and by the end they tell you on the spot if you've passed or failed. Each interview asks some type of technical question where you solve an algorithm, everyone asks for a self evaluation on how you think you're doing at this stage in the interview. Office where I interviewed was fairly interesting, one section had meeting rooms that all referenced video games from Halo to Half Life, there was also one of those Microsoft tablet tables with games on it, as well as an Xbox 360 running Halo. They serve some food, but it's not worth remembering, and there's breaks in-between interviews where they very much discourage you from discussing any of the questions being asked.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult about the technical questions, I came from a public school in CA near the start of my JR year, and by the end of the year every type of question that was asked was covered in class. They don't look for the absolute best answer, as long as it's not overly complicated.   Answer Question

Sales Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

First you meet with the contractor to help filter you prior to the interview. The actual interview is three back to back 20 minute interview sessions with various leadership team members. They ask about your skills or strengths and weaknesses, your abilities with programs such as Microsoft Office/SharePoint as well as interesting things you've done in life. Additionally they are really trying to get to know how you act and what type of attitude you carry, as it will affect the team. Go for a can-do positive attitude and good energy!

Interview Questions

• What do you think this job really is/what do you think we do here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It wasn't much of a negotiation, everyone pretty much has the same benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

everything went smooth from the initial communication to the interview

Interview Questions

• just asked about my previous experience and why microsoft   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

First interview in English in my life. I was so nervous, stupid and rushed... Interviewer did his work the same time I was interviewed :). He has not interest to me. Interview time 1 hour 30 minutes long. I will do my experience better and try to go to interview again later. It was very useful and interesting for me. List have 9 questions.

Interview Questions

• what is method overloading and overriding? Difference? Give examples.   1 Answer
    • Describe the accessibility modifier "protected internal"   Answer Question
    • What is interface? Give me an example of using interface.   1 Answer
    • What is thread? Write code sample for a simple thread.   1 Answer
    • What are the differences between value types and reference types? Give examples of value types and reference types.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

Be confident in what you are saying and have couple different variants for each solution that you provide. It is always nice to optimize your answer for different input values.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

receive a call from the manager, no response