Microsoft

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2014.

I applied online in 08/2014. A recruiter at Fair Artemis contracted with Microsoft contacted me in mid October for a phone interview. A second interview was set. I met with the Gulf Coast Business Manager and three members of the team (four-hours). Another phone interview was set for late October.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing was really difficult but the process itself went on a long time and I was totally ignored by the recruiter and kept in the dark about next steps. All emails of inquiry were ignored. They did choose another candidate but I was never contacted.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in April 2010.

Plan on spending several hours at Microsoft and meet with at least 5-6 people. The longer you go, the better your chances are at getting an offer. If you get to meet the "hiring manager", you can be sure that you are one of the finalists.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to do real life scenarios, such as planning an event for 250 people, or moving and space planning for an entire department. They will want to see you ask appropriate questions and whiteboard your solution and answers.   Answer Question
    Had to work with a recruiter, who acted like a middle man. The initial offer was very low but it is Microsoft and they assume everyone wants to work there (they don't). I was able to counter but really, not by much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in March 2010.

This was a series of 1:1 interviews throughout the day. I'm a full time (FTE) employee at MS already and am looking to change roles. Started off with someone who had done the role temporarily and established a good rapport. Had three additional interviews after that with higher level people--one Director and one business manager--who both seemed impressed with themselves and their responsibilities. Arrogance is not uncommon, nor inflated egos. Make sure you guage the fit of the group and its employees as you interview.