Microsoft Interview Questions in China

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.2

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)

Interview

First stage: An online programming test, like a normal programming competition as codeforce or topcoder, problems are not so difficult. Second stage: 2 rounds, 1 hour for each phone screen interview, asking some basic computer science/coding questions. Final stage: On site interview, asking some algorithm, practical coding problem, have to write code on paper.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)).

Interview

Technical Interview, 1rst interview by phone with Hiring Manager, and after 2-3 phone interview with Technical Mangers about production problem solving, and then 1:1 interview at office with Hiring manager and 2-3 senior level Electrical/Electronic/Hardware Engineers.

Interview Questions

• What is TDR, embedded system architecture, RF frond-end system level architecture and test, Audio system, High Speed interfaces PCIe, USB, DP, LVDS, CLM.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2015.

Interview

1 round online written-test, 4 programming problems in 3 hours, some of them are very hard. 2(+1) round online interview. Most of the time are spent on algorithm questions. Often they start with a easy problem then ask you to improve your solution. If everything goes well, interviewees will be asked to take the 3rd round interview.

Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)).

Interview

6 rounds of interview in total 1 HR recruiter interview over phone 2-3 technical interview about coding, design and technology and some behavior questions 1 hiring manager interview this is usually easy as to this point, the overall comment on you should be positive. 1 manager interview at this point, you pretty much beat most of the candidates. just a few to go through. this is usually easy as well since the big boss may do most of the talk here.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much of negotiation. everything is already set in paper

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in November 2014.

Interview

two telephone interview, two onsite interview. In the two telephone interview, the interviewers are all PM(I think), they asked me many things about my resume. In the onsite interview, the interviewers asked me two simple algorithms, very easy, they also asked me some system design questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: how to reverse a string? Q: Give an integer unsorted array, how to let every digital is bigger or smaller than its left and right digital. O(n) time cost. Q: Design a distributed system to handle real-time data.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in November 2014.

Interview

I had the interview in Shanghai Office since I did an intern job there. So I took the intern conversion interviews. Totally 3 rounds since I got strong recommend from my mentor. As far as I know, usually candidates are expected to take 4 rounds. The interviewers are nice. Each round,there is one algorithm or data structure problem, and it may last for about 20 minutes depending on the difficulty of the problem. Candidates are expected to code on the glass wall. The rest of time(totally 45 minutes for each round) they will discuss some technology points about your projects.

Interview Questions

• All are some algorithm problems. Like Integers to Roman. Word Ladders I. Nearest Common Ancestor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and passed a online coding test, just questions normal coding interview questions. Then a online personality test which called SLA. After that I got a onsite interview on Microsoft Shanghai Campus. There are 3 technical interviews. The last two interviewer are very nice, while the first interviewer is anxious and arrogant. I did badly at the first, but did well for the next two.

Interview Questions

• There are 3 onsite technical interviews. All of them start with a 5 minutes self introduction and most favorite project as warm up. Technical questions for each round: 1. How to detect whether two given linked list have common parts; 2.Anagram and extended to deal with large scale case; 3. Search for words in a random character matrix like a Gluttonous Snake game, given a dictionary of legal words for match, and required to analysis the time complexity.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

First paper test and then Onsite 3 round totally. You should pass any of the first two round, or you won't get the opportunity to see the last man. It seems for the first two round one interviewer is a dev and the other is a test. The quesstion is not that much difficult, maybe because it's just a intern not a FTE......

Interview Questions

• The quesstion is not that much difficult, maybe because it's just a intern not a FTE......   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)).

Interview

Not sure if I am the only one, but the process of applying the position is not a happy one. The HR is not professional in terms of setting up interview schedule. I got last minute notice that the interview was rescheduled to another day with another interviewer, in a different location, without even providing the exact address of the office. There was no apology at all. I am very disappointed at the quality of the Microsoft's HR, who didn't show any respect to applicants.

NLP Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in October 2013.

Interview

How to find a random number from 1 to 100 with one number removed.