Microsoft

Average Difficulty
35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and passed a online coding test, just questions normal coding interview questions. Then a online personality test which called SLA. After that I got a onsite interview on Microsoft Shanghai Campus. There are 3 technical interviews. The last two interviewer are very nice, while the first interviewer is anxious and arrogant. I did badly at the first, but did well for the next two.

Interview Question – There are 3 onsite technical interviews. All of them start with a 5 minutes self introduction and most favorite project as warm up. Technical questions for each round:
1. How to detect whether two given linked list have common parts;
2.Anagram and extended to deal with large scale case;
3. Search for words in a random character matrix like a Gluttonous Snake game, given a dictionary of legal words for match, and required to analysis the time complexity.
  Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET)
Beijing, Beijing (China)

I interviewed at Microsoft in August 2010.

Interview Details – Paper exam first for wide range of recent graduate. Then sort by scores and phone interview, very long, more than 1 hour. Then on site interview, first 3 round, tech and personal and English. If you are lucky, next 3 round until night. Get passed if you see senior managers.

Interview Question – What's engineering?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Intern Interview

User Experience Designer Intern
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interview, first round is hr scanning, second round is future mentor and manager interview. Manager is asking more about behavioral questions and mentor asked more about detail on my portfolio. I am asked to present my portfolio first, and then they asked about the detail in my portfolio.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Microsoft in May 2012.

Interview Details – Coding test, and then interview with Skype. In the interview, I was asked to explain what I have done before and am doing now, which programming languages I am using, what research topics I am interested in, what kind of project I would like to commit, whether I would like to submit a paper to a conference or contribute some products.

Interview Question – Explain my paper which is my previous major (not directly related to my current major).   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details – First paper test and then Onsite 3 round totally. You should pass any of the first two round, or you won't get the opportunity to see the last man. It seems for the first two round one interviewer is a dev and the other is a test. The quesstion is not that much difficult, maybe because it's just a intern not a FTE......

Interview Question – The quesstion is not that much difficult, maybe because it's just a intern not a FTE......   Answer Question

Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in September 2013.

Interview Details – It's a long process and you need to prepare a lot. I was an intern so I attend the convertion program. And there are four rounds interviews in the convertion program.

Interview Question – interview will ask any computer science questions, deeper and deeper   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – Not sure if I am the only one, but the process of applying the position is not a happy one. The HR is not professional in terms of setting up interview schedule. I got last minute notice that the interview was rescheduled to another day with another interviewer, in a different location, without even providing the exact address of the office. There was no apology at all. I am very disappointed at the quality of the Microsoft's HR, who didn't show any respect to applicants.

Very Difficult Interview

NLP Group Interview

NLP Group
Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

Interview Details – How to find a random number from 1 to 100 with one number removed.

Interview Question – Use binary expression to solve the above question   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – As a joint PhD program of Tsinghua University and Microsoft Research Asia, the interview is not only for the intern position but for the PhD program. The interview process contains totally 4 rounds of 1:1 inverviews. Firstly introduce myself and what I've learned in college, and then discuss my past projects and achievements, career interests. Most of the discussion are not very challenging.

Interview Question – How to improve a school project, that I had never thought to improve.   Answer Question

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in April 2013.

Interview Details – 1 row of written-exam
3 rows of interview

Interview Question – 1. Warm-up Question: about preview projects.
2. Warm-up Question: difference between heap and stack.
3. Algorithm: given a unordered array, filter the elements that can make up an ascending sub-array without changing their order and the sub-array should be the longest one.
4. Code implement: delete all the blank in a string; string inverse.
5. Some questions on testing trick.
  Answer Question

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!