Microsoft

3.3

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

6 rounds of interview in total
    1 HR recruiter interview over phone
    2-3 technical interview about coding, design and technology and some behavior questions
    1 hiring manager interview
    this is usually easy as to this point, the overall comment on you should be positive.
    1 manager interview
    at this point, you pretty much beat most of the candidates. just a few to go through.
    this is usually easy as well since the big boss may do most of the talk here.

Interview Questions
    not much of negotiation. everything is already set in paper

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in April 2014.

Applied online and passed a online coding test, just questions normal coding interview questions. Then a online personality test which called SLA. After that I got a onsite interview on Microsoft Shanghai Campus. There are 3 technical interviews. The last two interviewer are very nice, while the first interviewer is anxious and arrogant. I did badly at the first, but did well for the next two.

Interview Questions
    • There are 3 onsite technical interviews. All of them start with a 5 minutes self introduction and most favorite project as warm up. Technical questions for each round:
      1. How to detect whether two given linked list have common parts;
      2.Anagram and extended to deal with large scale case;
      3. Search for words in a random character matrix like a Gluttonous Snake game, given a dictionary of legal words for match, and required to analysis the time complexity.

Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

First paper test and then Onsite 3 round totally. You should pass any of the first two round, or you won't get the opportunity to see the last man. It seems for the first two round one interviewer is a dev and the other is a test. The quesstion is not that much difficult, maybe because it's just a intern not a FTE......

Interview Questions
    • The quesstion is not that much difficult, maybe because it's just a intern not a FTE......   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft.

Not sure if I am the only one, but the process of applying the position is not a happy one. The HR is not professional in terms of setting up interview schedule. I got last minute notice that the interview was rescheduled to another day with another interviewer, in a different location, without even providing the exact address of the office. There was no apology at all. I am very disappointed at the quality of the Microsoft's HR, who didn't show any respect to applicants.

NLP Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

How to find a random number from 1 to 100 with one number removed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in September 2013.

It's a long process and you need to prepare a lot. I was an intern so I attend the convertion program. And there are four rounds interviews in the convertion program.

Interview Questions
    • interview will ask any computer science questions, deeper and deeper   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft.

As a joint PhD program of Tsinghua University and Microsoft Research Asia, the interview is not only for the intern position but for the PhD program. The interview process contains totally 4 rounds of 1:1 inverviews. Firstly introduce myself and what I've learned in college, and then discuss my past projects and achievements, career interests. Most of the discussion are not very challenging.

Interview Questions
    • How to improve a school project, that I had never thought to improve.   Answer Question

Ecosystem Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in June 2013.

Phone interview by HR
    F2F interview by line manager
    F2F interview by division head
    F2F interview by HR

Support Escalation Engineer Interview

- On-Site Interview: 4-5 rounds in total: English, 1-2 Technical, Team Manager, Group Manager;
    - English: Write an email to customer;
    - Tech: How to troubleshoot printer down; What's the OS internal process; How to find a function address which is not displayed;
    - TM: Tell about a failure in your previous work
    - GM: Tell 3 reasons to hire you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in April 2013.

1 row of written-exam
    3 rows of interview

Interview Questions
    • 1. Warm-up Question: about preview projects.
      2. Warm-up Question: difference between heap and stack.
      3. Algorithm: given a unordered array, filter the elements that can make up an ascending sub-array without changing their order and the sub-array should be the longest one.
      4. Code implement: delete all the blank in a string; string inverse.
      5. Some questions on testing trick.

Answer Question