Microsoft Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Denver, CO) in February 2012.

Interview

3 phone interviews, one was highly technical. I was really glad I had technical reference materials handy for this part. Three on-site interviews were very intense, each 50 minutes long. They fed me lunch and said after lunch there could be more interviews after lunch. After lunch they said I was good to go and that was it.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of questions about specific people issues like difficult customers and handling disagreements in groups.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked if they could do a little better than the initial offer, they came back with more and it was done. Painless.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Irvine, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Best bring your A game, Microsof doesn't mess around when it comes to interviews. Even if you've made it to "finals days" you can still fail & many do. The process should feel more like a friendly discussion vs. an interrogation. You will be extensively questioned about your experience history.

Interview Questions

• What are some fundamental differences between Java & .NET?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Everything is negotiable including salary & title.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Irvine, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

Half a day, consists of 4 1-on-1 interviews

Interview Questions

• techniques for retrieving data fast from the web   1 Answer
    • handling clients requests   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight forward, got a bonus for accepting a low-ball which was a mistake

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Berlin (Germany)) in March 2015.

Interview

Das Vorstellungsgespräch war sehr freundlich und professionell. Die Interviewer waren gut vorbereitet und hatten den Lebenslauf gelesen. Fragen zu meiner Person und zu meiner beruflichen Erfahrung waren zielführend und ein professionelles Gespräch wurde geführt. Rollenspiele wurden durchgeführt und haben das Gespräch sehr bereichert. Dadurch wurden echte Situationen nachgestellt und ein Gefühl für die Erwartungen und tatsächliche Arbeitssituation ermöglicht.

Interview Questions

• Die Fragen waren immer mit Bezug auf das Thema und sehr zielführend. Sinnlose Standard-Fragen, wie man sie sich leider oft anhören muss, wurden nicht gestellt. Das ist hoch einzuschätzen und spricht für die Interviewer.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

Five rounds with different focus areas like technology, programming, cultural fit.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Vellore (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

It was a campus recruitment for intern position. First round was online round consisting of aptitude questions, software engineering and c output questions. Then shortlisted candidates were interviewed (tech + HR). Then final result was declared.

Interview Questions

• Just data structures questions were asked and only approach to the question was asked.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft in August 2011.

Interview

The interview had 5 1:1s. There was a general interview, followed by a deep-dive session. Then, there was a hands-on coding session. This was followed by interviews with the hiring manager and director.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft in August 2011.

Interview

Five rounds of interview: Round 1: Basic questions on .NET framework. Round 2: Detailed questions on ASP.NET, WPF, WCF. Round 3: Hands-on coding for 3 hours on a scenario. Round 4: Hiring manager interview - Fitment to the department. Round 5: Director interview - Previous work experience, expectations of the job, etc. Only 1 of 112 candidates interviewed get selected into Microsoft GD as of 2011.

Interview Questions

• If an object is 100 KB, when will it get garbage collected? What are the mechanisms to improve garbage collection? What are some of the debugging tools to view the troublesome object?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft in November 2010.

Interview

Microsoft has various sourcers looking for candidates through different channels, so even if you don't make progress with some of them, you may still be a great candidate to another - it all depends who their internal customers and hiring needs are at the time.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in May 2010.

Interview

Tech phone screening from recruiter. Then more phone screening from 2-3 more people. Then in person interviews with about 5 people. 3-4 technical peers and 1-2 managers. Mostly are technical interviews maybe some whiteboarding, then they go into softskills.

Interview Questions

• Design an exchange solution based on this scenario....   Answer Question