Microsoft Consulting Interview Questions

3.7

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2012.

3 phone interviews, one was highly technical. I was really glad I had technical reference materials handy for this part. Three on-site interviews were very intense, each 50 minutes long. They fed me lunch and said after lunch there could be more interviews after lunch. After lunch they said I was good to go and that was it.

Interview Questions
  • There were a lot of questions about specific people issues like difficult customers and handling disagreements in groups.   Answer Question
I asked if they could do a little better than the initial offer, they came back with more and it was done. Painless.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2011.

Best bring your A game, Microsof doesn't mess around when it comes to interviews. Even if you've made it to "finals days" you can still fail & many do. The process should feel more like a friendly discussion vs. an interrogation. You will be extensively questioned about your experience history.

Interview Questions
    • What are some fundamental differences between Java & .NET?   Answer Question
    Everything is negotiable including salary & title.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2008.

Half a day, consists of 4 1-on-1 interviews

Interview Questions
    Straight forward, got a bonus for accepting a low-ball which was a mistake

Consultant Interview

Five rounds with different focus areas like technology, programming, cultural fit.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in June 2009.

In total 6 rounds of interview for a college hire (like me). Questions were on latest market trends, your projects, basics of networking.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2009.

Telephonic rounds followed by personal round and hands on tests

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate looking at brand

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vellore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2012.

It was a campus recruitment for intern position. First round was online round consisting of aptitude questions, software engineering and c output questions. Then shortlisted candidates were interviewed (tech + HR). Then final result was declared.

Interview Questions
    • Just data structures questions were asked and only approach to the question was asked.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2008.

Got a call from a Recuiter - CV sourced from Monster
    Setup Round 1 - Telephonic Round - Was very basic to start with but probed the limits of my understanding
    Round 2 - Was called to Hyderabad and given a problem to solve . A panel discussion was conducted where I presented my solution and was probed on the same.
    Round 3 - A call from a senior director - went into more depth around my solution
    Round 4 - Another call from another senior Director - Mostly behavioural and attitudinal questions

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to explain the appropriate solution to a business related problem   Answer Question
    No Negotiation I was asked expectations and offered approximatly 80% of that-
    Asked for and got a sign on bonus of the amount I was leaving in the last company.

Consultant Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Microsoft in August 2011.

The interview had 5 1:1s. There was a general interview, followed by a deep-dive session. Then, there was a hands-on coding session. This was followed by interviews with the hiring manager and director.

Consulting Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Microsoft in April 2010.

They asked about my experience, my interests and general questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!