Microsoft

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in June 2014.

Following a brief phone screen, I spent an afternoon interviewing with three members of the publishing team. The team lead/hiring manager and I discussed the technical and organizational parameters of the position. I next spoke with an area specialist more specifically about languages, CMS issues, and publishing cadences. Then, I spoke with a higher-up, who gave me a little bit of a scare (I later learned that he did that to everyone) by sounding rather pessimistic about the whole thing. Finally, I went back to the hiring manager, who assured me that I would hear from them within the week--which I did, with a start date.

Interview Questions
  • If the CMS tool were down, how would you go about preparing content for publication using alternative tools, such as Sharepoint?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in April 2009.

The interview process is long and thorough. I met w/ six different people. The result is a VERY careful screening. They rarely make a mistake and end up with a bad hire. Recommend going in VERY prepared (and well rested).

Interview Questions
    We didn't negotiate. I just accepted the (great) offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in March 2009.

Prescreen phone call with the Hiring Manager and a seperate conversation with the recruiter. Interviewed with seven employees with a 360 view of the role. Interviewed with a Partner for "As Appropriate" approval. Negotiated salary, benefits, signing bonus and level with recruiter. I recommend pushing the level as high as possible as your primary negotiation point. Bonus, raises and stock are very political and subjective at the corporation, but level is objective, fixed, and slow to improve.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult. Why Microsoft over other competing companies?   View Answer
    Three conversations with the most energy spent on negotiating level. I was able to move it one up from the what was posted.