Microsoft

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Microsoft in February 2012.

Initial phone screening took place with the hiring manager. Once through that gate, I was interviewed one on one by three peers of the hiring manager. Two of the interviewers were well prepared and focused on my ability to do the job (based on my experience) and my approach to various elements of the job (budgeting, etc). The third interviewer focused on a job I had several years ago and asked detailed questions about day to day interactions, specific measurements of a particular sub organization under my control, and the level of my technical knowledge regarding the systems I was managing 5 years ago. At Microsoft each interviewer gives a thumbs up thumbs down assessment and one dissenter and undo two positive reviews.

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell me about the specific areas of measurement for your CM group on a job you ran 5 years ago   View Answer