Microsoft Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

34 interviews

3.2

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in August 2011.

First i cleared the written test that consisted of aptitude and technical test and got selected for interview

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Engineer Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2012.

The interviewer ask me some algorithm problems.
    These problems are sorting, traveling in a binary tree, and traveling in a single-linked list.
    The interviewer called me and tell me the problems orally.
    He opened a google document, and watch how I write programs.
    After I write the program, he asked the time complexity about the program.

Interview Questions
    • How to find the most duplicated number in a array?
      For example, the array is [0, 9, 7, 8, 5, 6, 3, 0, 1, 0], the number 0 appear three times. The most duplicated number is 0.
        View Answer

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in September 2010.

Complex

Interview Questions
    No negotiation (atleast for an international hire) what is offered is what you get.

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Microsoft in June 2008.

Very difficult interview process

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Microsoft in June 2009.

6 interviews face to face
    2 at hyderabad

Interview Questions
    • Techncial questions - how to print a binary tree   View Answer
    • Why do you want to shift with MBA   View Answer

Position was in Hyd only. I wanted bangalore

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in July 2010.

Full day of interviews with different members of the team and different disciplines. Focus on my past knowledge and interest in the interviewer team and product. Interviewed with multiple teams, each team interview was 1 day. Some interviews required me to write code even thought the position was not for a developer. However, it was nothing to complex it was to show I understood the technical concepts.

Interview Questions
    • Statics analysis question on how to deal cards for back jack at casino.   Answer Question
    Advice: Have a clear bottom line that takes into account all your needs.

Engineering Interview

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2010.

The interview consisted of some behavioral based questions that I used the Star method to respond. There were also some traditional questions such as what are your weaknesses or strengths.

Engineering Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2011.

i applied the intern through their website. After 3 days, I was notified that I will get a phone interview. The phone interview is carried out by a HR, who did not ask any kind of technical question. All the questions she asked are background - related.

Interview Questions
    • what is the most difficult problem you have ever met in your project?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in May 2010.

The Microsoft Interview was a pioneer in that it was about technical knowledge, problem solving and creativity as opposed to the goal and weaknesses interviews most companies used at the time. Initially based on Bill Gates' obsession with puzzles, many of the puzzles presented during interviews started off being Fermi problems, or sometimes logic problems, and have eventually transitioned over the years into questions relevant to programming[2]: [P]uzzles test competitive edge as well as intelligence. Like business or football, a logic puzzle divides the world into winners and losers. You either get the answer, or you don't... Winning has to matter. [3] Joel Spolsky phrased the problem as identifying people who are smart and get things done while separating them from people who are smart but don't get things done and people who get things done but are not smart[4][5]

Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2010.

The campus recruiter contacted me after I submitted my resume in the job fair. They arranged a 1:1 interview on campus a month later. It's not a difficult one. The interviewer just asked general questions to know the interviewee. No coding was tested on this interview. 2 weeks later, the recruiter provided me an onsite interview opportunity. There were 5 interviewer plus a lunch interview. It's more about the algorithm, team working, testing, and personality questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you make sure that two results from a database query request are identical?   Answer Question