Microsoft

Microsoft Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in February 2011.

i applied the intern through their website. After 3 days, I was notified that I will get a phone interview. The phone interview is carried out by a HR, who did not ask any kind of technical question. All the questions she asked are background - related.

Interview Questions
  • what is the most difficult problem you have ever met in your project?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in January 2011.

They ask question like mathmatical puzzles.....they wanted to how i approach things or i can say how i react to things...it was for my internship 2011 summer.....
    4 rnds
    written
    tech written
    tech interview
    hr

Interview Questions
    • lift design for a ten-storied building where no staircase is used by the residents   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Microsoft in December 2010.

Five rounds,
    All technical,Mangerial
    In depth knowledge of skill stes.
    Confidence level is a must.
    And dont give up atleast give it a try even thou u dont know.. but lil bit knowledge is required ans shud not be completely opposite.

Interview Questions
    Its already very much frm my expectations so need o negotiate for my level of experience.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2010.

The campus recruiter contacted me after I submitted my resume in the job fair. They arranged a 1:1 interview on campus a month later. It's not a difficult one. The interviewer just asked general questions to know the interviewee. No coding was tested on this interview. 2 weeks later, the recruiter provided me an onsite interview opportunity. There were 5 interviewer plus a lunch interview. It's more about the algorithm, team working, testing, and personality questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you make sure that two results from a database query request are identical?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2010.

three rounds of interviews. mainly asked from data structures, rdbms, and puzzles. and also from oops

Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in September 2010.

Complex

Interview Questions
    No negotiation (atleast for an international hire) what is offered is what you get.

Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in July 2010.

Full day of interviews with different members of the team and different disciplines. Focus on my past knowledge and interest in the interviewer team and product. Interviewed with multiple teams, each team interview was 1 day. Some interviews required me to write code even thought the position was not for a developer. However, it was nothing to complex it was to show I understood the technical concepts.

Interview Questions
    • Statics analysis question on how to deal cards for back jack at casino.   Answer Question
    Advice: Have a clear bottom line that takes into account all your needs.

Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft in June 2010.

Very well done and thorough. Treated well, asked back for 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your weakness, and give specific example [note: yes, should not have been unexpected]   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in May 2010.

The Microsoft Interview was a pioneer in that it was about technical knowledge, problem solving and creativity as opposed to the goal and weaknesses interviews most companies used at the time. Initially based on Bill Gates' obsession with puzzles, many of the puzzles presented during interviews started off being Fermi problems, or sometimes logic problems, and have eventually transitioned over the years into questions relevant to programming[2]: [P]uzzles test competitive edge as well as intelligence. Like business or football, a logic puzzle divides the world into winners and losers. You either get the answer, or you don't... Winning has to matter. [3] Joel Spolsky phrased the problem as identifying people who are smart and get things done while separating them from people who are smart but don't get things done and people who get things done but are not smart[4][5]

Engineering Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Microsoft in March 2010.

The interview consisted of some behavioral based questions that I used the Star method to respond. There were also some traditional questions such as what are your weaknesses or strengths.