Microsoft

Average Difficulty
34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2010.

Interview Details – Take two hours for two rounds of interviews. For the first interview, it consists three parts: 1. self-introduction and some questions about your CV, 2. writing code 3. interesting topics. For the 2nd interview, it is mainly focus on the complexity of algorithms and coding. Finally, you can raise several questions. The interviewers are nice.

Interview Question – The student cards are 7 digit numbers, from 0000000 to 9999999. If they are not in order and I would like to make it in-order. I will give you 6 helpers, how will you help me to solve this problem and the complexity of solving this problem.   View Answers (2)

Very Difficult Interview

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 5 persons one by one in a whole day (3 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon);for the interviews in the morning, each person of them first asked me to introduce myself in English; then in chinese asked me the details about my resume(studay, intern experience etc.); then asked me one or two iq puzzles; then one or two programming questions. If you passed the first 3 persons's test in the morning (there should be 2 or more positive feedbacks), you entered the second round interviews in the afternoon: two managers who are the head of the group/position that you have applied for. They asked more aboIut my interests and my career plan; also there were one or two iq puzzles. If you got positive feedbacks from both of them, then congratulations; unfortunately I failed the last interview. That's all.

Interview Question – Give an idea to show how to rearrange the array a1, a2, ..., an, b1, b2, ... bn into a1, b1, a2, b2, ..., an, bn with O(n) computation time cost and O(1) extra memory cost.   View Answers (3)

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was mainly behavioural and had little coding questions. I was given an array and asked to explain how to find a particular element from that array. Another question was if I could change any software I was presently working with, what would it be..

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2009.

Interview Details – First, got an email from HR for setting up a phone interview. HR gave a list of timeslots over two days and asked all timeslots I am available for the interview. Also HR asked me to fill-up a candidate interest form. After sending my free slots and the filled interest form, I got an email with my assigned slot and the interviewer name.
Though that I mentioned 'Dev' as the first preference and 'Testing' as the second preference in the candidate interest form., I found out later in the interview that it was for a Testing position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your projects.   Answer Question
  • Why did you choose 'Development' as your first preference in the candidate interest form ?   Answer Question
  • Given an array of integers write a program to find two elements that sum up to a given no.   Answer Question