Microsoft Finance Rotation Program Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.5

Finance Rotation Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

I applied through college career services. A 45 minute phone interview was scheduled. The interview was almost entirely focused on fit. These questions were both trying to gauge my interest in finance, and standard fit questions like tell us about a group project that did not go as well as it could have and what you would do to improve it.

Interview Questions
  • The most interesting question was if you could graduate immediately and work in a job for 6 months, what job would you pick? This never went on your resume, you could not leverage it to get new jobs and you were not paid for it. After I answered I was pressed to justify my choices and had to argue whether it was important if I could competently do the job now.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Finance Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in September 2012.

Meet a recruiter at a career fair. Was emailed a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Basic behavioral interviews and asked a simple case question regarding tablet sales. Analyze competitors. Didnt think I did extremely well but still got an invitation for an in person superday in Seattle.

Interview Questions
    • - How does a change in depreciation affect all 3 major financial statements?
      - How would you estimate MS Office sales for next year?
      - Tell me about a difficult situation you faced and how did you handle it?
      - Tell me about a time where you were assigned a leadership role for a specific project.
      - Why Microsoft?

Answer Question

Company is obviously great and well structured. Other offers aligned better for me and Seattle just was not a fit for me.